CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

People I would never hire if I started a FPS game development studio:

Andy Dudynsky

I think if Bravo was off his leash then he would probably be pretty decent. Maybe replace Che with him in the HCS department.

I think if Bravo was off his leash then he would probably be pretty decent. Maybe replace Che with him in the HCS department.

If there's one kind of employee I can't stand, it's a "yes man".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Andy probably doesn't have a lot of good career options.

Sometimes you gotta suck it up to make a living dude.

Other devs with experience and skills have no excuse though.

Sucking it up means the voice of those who want Halo CE fixed falling on deaf ears.

I think the biggest issue right now is the search radius was expanded, so now we get matched up against guys like TGFLordKYO from Columbia who are bullet sponges but still lose 20-50.  These games on LAN would be 50 to -2.   This TFG guy was streaming last night and I saw that despite it taking 10 headshots to kill him, he still got destroyed.  He purposefully voted for maps like wizard and rat race each time so that the opposition could not use RL or snipe, and still got his shit pushed in.  Guys like this are just wasting everyone's time.

Doesn't matter what the connection speed of these far away players are, it will lag if they get host due to the poorly written code of MCC.

This poor TFG guy comes home after a long day of preparing those Columbian cocaine shipments for distribution to the US only to hop on halo and get his ass buried each night.  Now we have to waste our time destroying laggy Columbians that have no clue how to play halo instead of getting matched up against locals and playing a good game LOL!

Expert level trolling by 343.

http://imgur.com/91p0w6T

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People really haven't gotten the message...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256154

The majority of the votes are for "yes" as well...

What? Most people are telling him he will regret it.

Only like 2 Halo 5 fanboys jumped in and said yeah Halo 5 is great. And a few others said do what makes you happy. I mean if this guy is a dumb Halo fanboy yeah he probably will like Halo 5.

Played some CE MCC tonight.

Had a good experience a couple weeks ago in customs with 4 people who were all within a 300 km radius. When that happens I feel like I can actually aim and the game feels great.

Tonight I just did matchmaking by myself 'cause my buddy from Florida bailed.

Worst mistake I could ever make.

Get matched constantly with idiots who are somehow ranked as high as me but don't know spawns at all. Get wrecked by people who are lower ranks than us.

Reason for getting wecked is probably because 90% of the players I matched, including teammates were from Colombia or China on 1 mbps connections. Teleportation exists and it's in the MCC.

Meanwhile I can go on @@stunt_man's servers on PC and reliably hit people like Lat from Sweden. There's a little bit of skipping but it's not every shot and it doesn't feel like it's fucking with my reticle either.

I think I'm done with playing MCC matchmaking in any serious capacity. I tried some grifball and infection and while they aren't especially complex at least they mostly work and I don't want to gouge out my eyeballs. So I will stick to that or customs with people I know have good connections.

"Healthy games" my ass Bravo

People really haven't gotten the message...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256154

The majority of the votes are for "yes" as well...

If he wants to buy an Xbox and Halo 5, let him. Honestly, I think every thread that is "should I buy this" should be banned from any forum. It's literally saying "I really, really don't want to do basic research. Can you guys do it for me? Lol thanks." Seriously, do you enjoy Xbox or PS games more and what do your friends have? That's all it takes for someone to decide which one to get.

Besides, I don't understand why any Halo fan who doesn't own an Xbox One would buy one right now? MS is clearly moving toward the Xbox One being a sub-PC unit while having their published games on PC as well. Any current Halo fan who doesn't own an Xbox One needs to start investing for a PC instead.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please change the "this is halo" link in your sig to the following link ASAP:

I can't stand gameplay videos with music blaring over them. It's like a laugh track. If a clip is good, it won't need music. In any case, without its own audio, a game isn't being properly represented.

My sig is one of the few straight-up, console-captured Halo 1 multiplayer videos on YouTube. At least 95% are PC/MCC or trick/montage videos (with blaring music).

If he wants to buy an Xbox and Halo 5, let him.

The Xbox One is a trash console, and MCC is a trash game. Halo 5 at least works, but selling off a better console primarily for it? Come on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do I continue to browse r/halo?  Aside from the 343 fanboyism that runs rampant - its entirely censored.  Any big thread that speaks negatively about 343 or Halo is somehow mysteriously gone from the front page in a matter of minutes. 

Its s shame

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why do I continue to browse r/halo?  Aside from the 343 fanboyism that runs rampant - its entirely censored.  Any big thread that speaks negatively about 343 or Halo is somehow mysteriously gone from the front page in a matter of minutes. 

Its s shame

I got this gem the other day.

"This is a warning for your attitude on the r/halo subreddit.

from Vorked sent 2 days ago

You've been rampantly disrespecting the developers and 343 in every post you make on r/halo. We have many people from the company that come here, and you openly disrespecting them is against our first rule. This is your warning, and if you have a problem with this, you can take it up in our mod mail on r/halo. This is your ONLY warning."

• Upvote (+1) 6

from Vorked sent 

2 days ago

You've been rampantly disrespecting the developers and 343 in every post you make on r/halo. We have many people from the company that come here, and you openly disrespecting them is against our first rule. This is your warning, and if you have a problem with this, you can take it up in our mod mail on r/halo. This is your ONLY warning."

So much for free speech on a public forum eh?

• Upvote (+1) 5

So much for free speech on a public forum eh?

Free speech? What does free speech have to do with a private owned internet forum? They own the place and they set the rules.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Free speech? What does free speech have to do with a private owned internet forum? They own the place and they set the rules.

Not sure I would say that a subreddit is "privately owned." Unless there is a part of it that I do not fully understand. Either way, censoring the thoughts of the halo community because you do not want to "disrespect" 343 employees is not a good practice. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure I would say that a subreddit is "privately owned." Unless there is a part of it that I do not fully understand. Either way, censoring the thoughts of the halo community because you do not want to "disrespect" 343 employees is not a good practice. 

If 343 feels disrespected then they should fix their game.  The disrespect is justified.  People paid money for this shit and they should fix it.  The halo CE on it should play and feel exactly like original xbox on neutral LAN host.  Anything else is unacceptable and just shows me they are incompetent.  

• Upvote (+1) 9

I can't stand gameplay videos with music blaring over them. It's like a laugh track. If a clip is good, it won't need music. In any case, without its own audio, a game isn't being properly represented.

My sig is one of the few straight-up, console-captured Halo 1 multiplayer videos on YouTube. At least 95% are PC/MCC or trick/montage videos (with blaring music).

The Xbox One is a trash console, and MCC is a trash game. Halo 5 at least works, but selling off a better console primarily for it? Come on.

Jeenyus and missingno have hundreds of OG 2v2 full matches on their channels fyi. If you're ever bored.

Jeenyus and missingno have hundreds of OG 2v2 full matches on their channels fyi. If you're ever bored.

What's funny is that some of the best halo vids as agreed upon by the majority contain music.

fromVorkedsent2 days ago

You've been rampantly disrespecting the developers and 343 in every post you make on r/halo. We have many people from the company that come here, and you openly disrespecting them is against our first rule. This is your warning, and if you have a problem with this, you can take it up in our mod mail on r/halo. This is your ONLY warning."

Translation:

"Can you please stop disrespecting the company that has shown zero respect towards the Halo community since the day it was founded. Otherwise we will censor you."

• Upvote (+1) 4

from Vorked sent 2 days ago

Can the removed thread still be linked to?  Can you post the link here if so?

Can the removed thread still be linked to?  Can you post the link here if so?

It was just a private message with no reference to any specific post/thread.  I imagine it had to do with my being critical of the latest mcc "update" in all of the threads about it.  

I could see why they would do that if you were just bashing and insulting them, but if you were giving criticism then that's pretty dumb. Luckily for me, I never really got into that site because I hate the forum layout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played some CE MCC tonight.

Had a good experience a couple weeks ago in customs with 4 people who were all within a 300 km radius. When that happens I feel like I can actually aim and the game feels great.

Tonight I just did matchmaking by myself 'cause my buddy from Florida bailed.

Worst mistake I could ever make.

Get matched constantly with idiots who are somehow ranked as high as me but don't know spawns at all. Get wrecked by people who are lower ranks than us.

Reason for getting wecked is probably because 90% of the players I matched, including teammates were from Colombia or China on 1 mbps connections. Teleportation exists and it's in the MCC.

Meanwhile I can go on @@stunt_man's servers on PC and reliably hit people like Lat from Sweden. There's a little bit of skipping but it's not every shot and it doesn't feel like it's fucking with my reticle either.

I think I'm done with playing MCC matchmaking in any serious capacity. I tried some grifball and infection and while they aren't especially complex at least they mostly work and I don't want to gouge out my eyeballs. So I will stick to that or customs with people I know have good connections.

"Healthy games" my ass Bravo

Colombians like Kaiser RamiRz, Raipoot, TGFLordKYO, Cristianortiz24..... some of the worst players I've seen yet high ranking because they pull host 95% of the time LOL.

Colombians like Kaiser RamiRz, Raipoot, TGFLordKYO, Cristianortiz24..... some of the worst players I've seen yet high ranking because they pull host 95% of the time LOL.

To be honest, they aren't bad players. They hit some pretty amazing shots and they do it consistently. They dont have the best Halo 1 knowledge when it comes to spawns and what not, but they have a solid base, IMO. They would be pretty good if they got their full game together.

With that being said, their connections do give them extreme advantages. I don't know if it's correct or not, but I remember someone saying that the Halo 1 PC version was designed with dial up in mind. High ping players are given more magnetism and auto aim to compensate for their bad connections so it's playable for them. Don't know if it's true or not.

When xbox live first came out, I vividly remember the "broadband required" limits plastered all over xbox games as I was a dial up guy throughout high school. I like living in the backwoods, but the internet has always been an issue. We can see the stars at night, but our internet options have always been scarce lol.

Thankfully I finally got broadband. Why was the "no dial up" limitations a thing when almost half the US population was still on dial up, but there isn't a "no 100+ ping" limitation when that's a minority now a days? I had to play Halo at a friends all throughout high school so I didn't fuck up other people's experience. Now Colombians and people with bad connections get to run rampant.