CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hyped up?

Were people really getting their hopes up after Dan Ayoub of all people told everyone to stay tuned?

Not talking about MCC only lets 343 get away with it. I wonder why Team beyond has let this slide and hasn't been more vocal lately...

Not talking about MCC only lets 343 get away with it. I wonder why Team beyond has let this slide and hasn't been more vocal lately...

I didn't say to stop talking about it but I figured this community of all people would know not to trust the word of Ayoub.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do they keep widening the search range? I never had problems finding a match in the CE playlist (unless the search bugged out) even before they widened the range a few months ago. All of the sudden I'm finding matches equally as fast but I'm matching 40+ players as often as I'm matching 1's. Rarely get close games, even less than before...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't say to stop talking about it but I figured this community of all people would know not to trust the word of Ayoub.

Yeah true, I suppose everyone is just desperate to believe something will be done.

Playlist reshuffles are not what this game needs right now. It needs to be patched. This is just a distraction.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This update honestly just pissed me off, seriously all this time to give us a update and you give us a grifball playlist that is broken. I love how they took away rumble pit instead of trying to fix the trash settings that they put in, this company is great.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I guess its cool they did something, but if this is what dan ayoub was talking about man fuck these guys. no respect for halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do they keep widening the search range? I never had problems finding a match in the CE playlist (unless the search bugged out) even before they widened the range a few months ago. All of the sudden I'm finding matches equally as fast but I'm matching 40+ players as often as I'm matching 1's. Rarely get close games, even less than before...

The widened search range must be trolling at this point.  I'm sure the last thing some kid in a 3rd world country wants is to hop on halo only to get his ass handed to him by Americans that have been playing Halo CE on LAN for the last 15 years.  Every other game is some kid speaking in another language that quits out as soon as he realizes that he's not going to net a single kill.

Here I was thinking the patch that was all hyped up was actually going to fix the game.

On a side note, I used to play a shit ton of CE on the OG Xbox with friends. I remember being able to 3 shot my friends no problem. I know MCC is based off the PC port (which I never played), but I cannot reliably use the pistol in MCC H:CE. Am I just rusty, was the PC pistol garbage, or is the net code just garbage?

1. If people strafe properly in OG then 3 shotting is incredibly difficult for even the best players in the world. I think you are misremembering or your friends are shit lol.

2. Yes the netcode is definitely ass sometimes especially if you're host against people from Colombia.

3. There's almost definitely something wrong with the magnetism or something with how the Xbox software registers individual trigger pulls. I've noticed many times that my bullets spread wildly as if I am holding the trigger instead of tapping it even though I am tapping it every time (fyi if you hold the trigger the bullets will start to exhibit spread in Halo 1).

I'm having a lot more trouble getting games now on mcc.  Whenever I feel like 343 can't negatively impact my life more than they already have, they strike again.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm having a lot more trouble getting games now on mcc.  Whenever I feel like 343 can't negatively impact my life more than they already have, they strike again.  

im loving your reddit posts man keep fighting the good fight

The fact that the Halo CE and Halo 2 playlist are so far down on the list of most active playlists actually makes my heart hurt. Halo 3 kids have taken over what should have been a game about the revival of old school Halo. I like Halo 3 just as much as the next guy, but MCC has caused me to have a large amount of disdain for it. When Halo 3 AR's gets voted over CE and Halo 2 BR's, which happens all the fucking time, it's hard not to start to hate Halo 3, or more specifically, the kids who mindlessly vote for it, regardless of what map and gametype options are available.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep. The Halo 3 Collection gets old pretty fucking quickly. Literally any ass H3 game type will be voted for over CE or 2 most of the time. And even if you get something that ISN'T 3, it's Death Island CTF in BTB,

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep. The Halo 3 Collection gets old pretty fucking quickly. Literally any ass H3 game type will be voted for over CE or 2 most of the time. And even if you get something that ISN'T 3, it's Death Island CTF in BTB,

Yup. And it's honestly so damn frustrating. The only playlists where you can quickly find a game is Team Slayer and BTB, and it's 90% Halo 3. And what's worse is if Halo 3 doesn't get voted, you can bet your ass there will be quitters. I literally just got out of a game of TS where the options were CE Prisoner, Halo 2 Warlock BR's, and Halo 3 AR's on Snowbound. The votes were tied at 4 for Warlock and Snowbound, and it went to Warlock. By the time the game started my team had dropped 2 and the enemy team had dropped one. It made my head hurt. Three quitters because AR's on Snowbound wasn't being played, or more specifically, Halo 3 in general wasn't being played. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup. And it's honestly so damn frustrating. The only playlists where you can quickly find a game is Team Slayer and BTB, and it's 90% Halo 3. And what's worse is if Halo 3 doesn't get voted, you can bet your ass there will be quitters. I literally just got out of a game of TS where the options were CE Prisoner, Halo 2 Warlock BR's, and Halo 3 AR's on Snowbound. The votes were tied at 4 for Warlock and Snowbound, and it went to Warlock. By the time the game started my team had dropped 2 and the enemy team had dropped one. It made my head hurt. Three quitters because AR's on Snowbound wasn't being played, or more specifically, Halo 3 in general wasn't being played. 

Up until the stuff today I found games in the halo 1 and 2 playlists easily except for odd hours of the day.  

It should've been a CE and H2 collection with the OG multiplayers and the Anniversary single players. None of this "let's shoehorn H3 and H4 in there even though you can still play them on the 360" nonsense. So damn frustrating to have a company in charge that seems to be allergic to any form of common sense.

• Upvote (+1) 4

On a side note, I used to play a shit ton of CE on the OG Xbox with friends. I remember being able to 3 shot my friends no problem. I know MCC is based off the PC port (which I never played), but I cannot reliably use the pistol in MCC H:CE. Am I just rusty, was the PC pistol garbage, or is the net code just garbage?

The PC pistol is certainly different than OG, but it's at least consistent. On MCC the registration varies from match to match it seems, not to mention the broken bullet magnetism (bullets don't properly get pulled inwards towards your target).

http://www.halobugs.com/#?b=124

Adds new griffball playlist then posts the new order of playlists based on population but somehow griffball isn't on the bottom...k.

Ce 4v4 was one of the few playlists I could get a game in, in under a minute before it was removed so I'll never accept it was removed for that reason. They just don't and haven't ever given a fuck about the series.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Adds new griffball playlist then posts the new order of playlists based on population but somehow griffball isn't on the bottom...k.

Ce 4v4 was one of the few playlists I could get a game in, in under a minute before it was removed so I'll never accept it was removed for that reason. They just don't and haven't ever given a fuck about the series.

I don't think it will change automatically, I think its based off of playlist population over the last couple of months.