CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

There actually are rumors of an MCC PC port releasing for the holidays. Heard it from that Late Night Gaming vid and his supposed ex-343 informant.

LNG is an anxiety riddled sheltered geek. You have to take anything he says with a huge grain of salt because he's not exactly a stable individual. I still appreciate his existence because at least he's anti-343.

That being said, all LNG said was a PC version exists, which I could have told you 3 years ago because everything is based on x86 architecture now on consoles too. They used the PC ports of halo 1 and 2 for this reason... Because they basically built MCC on PC and made minor adjustments to get it on Xbox one. What a ground breaking revelation though LNG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There actually are rumors of an MCC PC port releasing for the holidays. Heard it from that Late Night Gaming vid and his supposed ex-343 informant.

Lol those rumors have been everywhere since they announced MCC. "Late night gaming" is just trying to sound more relevant than they really are especially if they used the word "informant' lol.

This talk of MCC being ported to PC. lol

No thanks.

It will be a Win 10 exclusive, which is basically a glorified version of Games for Windows Live. For those that weren't around when Halo 2 Vista came out, this is what you have to look forward to: bugs, little-to-no moddability, closed multiplayer server list and matchmaking system, servers with keyboard/mouse and controllers playing together. And I strongly doubt any effort will be made to make this anything other than a straight port (which, incidentally, is already a port of a port).

Lol do you think they'll give it away for free on Win 10? Even for people that own it on Xbox? I wouldn't count on it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get the pessimistic view of MCC potentially being on PC, without a doubt. But I never understood the random blind hate for Windows 10 that goes on, on these forums by just a few number of people. Without a doubt the best operating system I've ever developed applications on, played games on, and just all-around navigation is drastically improved. There are some GUI things I would switch, specifically screen resolution and personalization, but that's just me being nitpicky about stuff. 

A lot of overhead has been removed with Windows 10, which has been making my 3D simulations in particular run a lot better and it's much easier to develop on.

The Windows 10 hate confuses the hell out of me, but to each's own I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I seriously doubt that the MCC will come to PC. They haven't fixed it on Xbox and there's no signs of that changing. Releasing a fully functional MCC on PC would be a slap in the face to X1 owners.

I get the pessimistic view of MCC potentially being on PC, without a doubt. But I never understood the random blind hate for Windows 10 that goes on, on these forums by just a few number of people. Without a doubt the best operating system I've ever developed applications on, played games on, and just all-around navigation is drastically improved. There are some GUI things I would switch, specifically screen resolution and personalization, but that's just me being nitpicky about stuff. 

A lot of overhead has been removed with Windows 10, which has been making my 3D simulations in particular run a lot better and it's much easier to develop on.

Clarification: I'm not bashing Windows 10. I'm bashing the DRM system used for Windows 10 exclusive apps. I'll admit that I don't know all the details but I've heard that games purchased through the Windows store are pretty locked-down in terms of moddability. Do you know more about this?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The hate comes from data sharing and them changing things for the sake of change rather than improved usability.

I've also noticed quite a few bugs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any H1 players here looking for 2v2 customs? I've been slightly interested in playing but MM is pretty meh. I have a Discord that we can use and we can communicate when we want to do 2s and whatnot.

my tag is Zuzu for anyone interested

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any H1 players here looking for 2v2 customs? I've been slightly interested in playing but MM is pretty meh. I have a Discord that we can use and we can communicate when we want to do 2s and whatnot.

my tag is Zuzu for anyone interested

If you're looking for more MCC CE players I've got some in my Discord as well (it's CE-focused with rooms for PC/MCC/Xbox). I wouldn't mind playing some custom CE this weekend :P Add me (GT: stunt man GMYF)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're looking for more MCC CE players I've got some in my Discord as well (it's CE-focused with rooms for PC/MCC/Xbox). I wouldn't mind playing some custom CE this weekend :P Add me (GT: stunt man GMYF)

Yours is probably a better fit then lol, ill join! And word ill add you once I can get on my xbox

This talk of MCC being ported to PC. lol

No thanks.

It will be a Win 10 exclusive, which is basically a glorified version of Games for Windows Live. For those that weren't around when Halo 2 Vista came out, this is what you have to look forward to: bugs, little-to-no moddability, closed multiplayer server list and matchmaking system, servers with keyboard/mouse and controllers playing together. And I strongly doubt any effort will be made to make this anything other than a straight port (which, incidentally, is already a port of a port).

Lol do you think they'll give it away for free on Win 10? Even for people that own it on Xbox? I wouldn't count on it.

Hasn't MS said that they are going to start releasing things on Steam as well? I thought that was one of the things mentioned at E3

Hasn't MS said that they are going to start releasing things on Steam as well? I thought that was one of the things mentioned at E3

They didn't say specifically which tells me that the games they'll release on Steam will be the "small" stuff that will sell decently at best. The big sellers will be W10 exclusives.

They didn't say specifically which tells me that the games they'll release on Steam will be the "small" stuff that will sell decently at best. The big sellers will be W10 exclusives.

Yes and No. There are some of their big name franchises on Steam.

Age of Empires Remastered

RoN Remastered

Granted they are a bit old and were acquired by MS rather than developed. Many people still enjoy playing those games.

Just like many people enjoy playing Bungie's original Halos.... cough cough cough

...There are some GUI things I would switch, specifically screen resolution and personalization, but that's just me being nitpicky about stuff...

lol reasons and seasons friend

Clarification: I'm not bashing Windows 10. I'm bashing the DRM system used for Windows 10 exclusive apps. I'll admit that I don't know all the details but I've heard that games purchased through the Windows store are pretty locked-down in terms of moddability. Do you know more about this?

When there's a will there's a way my friend. Damn near nothing is mod-proof. But DRM should not be a surprise to anyone. Just look at the biggest gaming platform on Windows right now (Steam). Regardless of the operating system, the DRM is going to be present.

The hate comes from data sharing and them changing things for the sake of change rather than improved usability.

I've also noticed quite a few bugs.

Change for the sake of change like what? A lot of the ABI-to-Interface changes improve a ton of usability actually. And quite a few bugs like what? There's bugs in every software.. Well, ever haha. There have been lots of improvements to almost every facet, including security. Which is the main reason why the DoD never upgraded to Windows 8 (8 sucked). However with Windows 10, a lot of the vulnerabilities have been mitigated and the DoD is currently pushing to windows 10 because of the improvements. It basically took all the good features of Windows 8, with on improved Windows 7 OS with a redesigned GUI. Even things like environment variables are easier to navigate now due to the GUI improvements.

lol reasons and seasons friend

I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what this even means man lol. That's a new expression for sure.

I still cant believe that they havent fixed the H2C Team Doubles glitch. Basically makes the playlist unplayable.

Whats this now? Sorry havnt started up my MCC in a long time. 

It still bugs me how this game isn't even complete.

The games don't have their original armor and emblem customization.

H4 is missing the Infinity Armor Pack and Champions Bundle weapon skins.

H4 custom games map layouts are still different from the updated Matchmaking settings.

H3:ODST is missing Firefight.

Various glitches with the H2A campaign, such as no duel-wielding Elites and the Grunt Birthday Party skull doesn't cause an actual Plasma Grenade explosion anymore.

Very poor playlist management and selection (why can't I play HCE and H2 in Rumble Pit? Why are SMG and AR starts still a thing? Etc).

It kills me to see this game the way it is man...

• Upvote (+1) 8

One thing that bugs me a lot is the map selection for halo 2 and 3.  I feel like I play gemini/foundation or orbital/assembly more than I play beaver creek/sanctuary or guardian/construct.  I've played orbital and assembly more on mcc than I think I ever did on halo 3.  

Also, I wish construct were in the snipers playlist.  I get really sick of people choosing longshore.  

Of course I'm upset about gameplay bugs, but the map selection has to be the easiest thing to get right and they still messed it up.  

Short rant: I'm never voting for CE BTB again. Betrayers, shitty maps, vehicles are a joke, MCC pistol is about as useful as the H3 BR at range, Slayer ends at 50 points and CTF has no time limit. I'd honestly rather play H4 or H5 BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Short rant: I'm never voting for CE BTB again. Betrayers, shitty maps, vehicles are a joke, MCC pistol is about as useful as the H3 BR at range, Slayer ends at 50 points and CTF has no time limit. I'd honestly rather play H4 or H5 BTB.

CE BTB is only fun at LANs, and only with very specific gameplay rules.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And my stats are still frozen / not register a whole week later.  Tweeted at them and nothing.  :tear: