CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo 3 is the GOAT. I'd pay $1000 for an authentic Halo 3 Anniversary, developed by Bungie. 60 FPS, upgraded graphics staying true to H3's art style, upgraded physics, dedicated servers, BR still having to lead shots, upgraded wraith/tank(Reach quality at least, not 343's shitty versions), and OG H3 ranking system.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree that Reach was the start of Halo's decline, but don't forget that it was Frankie's company that could have fixed the mess easily, but decided to half ass a TU, half ass the CE  remake, not add ranks to the MLG playlist, remove the few good playlists Reach had (this was when I first realized 343 doesn't understand playlist management, five years later we are still in the same spot) and moved on to their baby H4.

RIP squad slayer.

Halo 3 is the GOAT. I'd pay $1000 for an authentic Halo 3 Anniversary, developed by Bungie. 60 FPS, upgraded graphics staying true to H3's art style, upgraded physics, dedicated servers, BR still having to lead shots, upgraded wraith/tank(Reach quality at least, not 343's shitty versions), and OG H3 ranking system.

I would have it have significantly reduced BR spread... and that's about it really. 

How can people still believe anything that comes out of this guy's mouth? He's a pathological liar and Halo has been on a continued downward spiral since he was given the position of "Franchise Development Director"

You really got to hand to them there at the Halo division. Their PR team set the model Microsoft has been using for the entire Xbox platform. It's a really simple tactic. They introduce a new face every few weeks to see if one sticks. The most recent is Dave McCarthy. E3 week was Shannon Loftis. Before it was Mike Ybarra. Before that, it was Aaron Greenberg. Before that it was Kudo Tsunoda. Before that Phil Spencer. Problem is... none of the faces really stick. Why? Well something about creating a good product usually helps. Also, something about establishing good will with foundational fanbase seems to go a long way.

The Halo division can't even put a face out there anymore. The incredible vitriol surrounding them prevents it.

Hint: maybe it's time to bring in new people ;)

Halo 3 needs no BR spread, increased pistol ROF and increased damager modifiers. Then it would be pretty good and close to CE.

Halo 3 needs a netcode that doesn't murder bullets and an FOV that doesn't trigger claustrophobiacs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 3 needs a netcode that doesn't murder bullets and an FOV that doesn't trigger claustrophobiacs.

That too. FOV needs to be 90 minimum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would have it have significantly reduced BR spread... and that's about it really. 

There are a lot of other sandbox changes I would make.  Half the sandbox is unusable in a legit game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There are a lot of other sandbox changes I would make. Half the sandbox is unusable in a legit game.

Wasn't that one of the best selling points to BR starts though? Everyone is on equal grounds at all times besides power weapons, minimal snowball effects, no one won battles because they had a better/easier weapon out or spawned closer to an easier/better weapon, people didn't have random advantages due to weapons, you didn't have to plan your game around 5 or 6 diffetent possible weapons you could face. Advantages such as power weapons were earned rather than waking 10 feet off spawn and getting a better weapon, etc.

I love minimal sandboxes in FPS games. Simple and staight to the point. I loved BRs and power weapons only. I hate playing Halo 5 and being killed by a better/easier weapon off spawn, and I hate getting killed by someone that had a needler that I had no idea about because I couldn't track when it was picked up and who had it.

I can't get enough of pistol vs. pistol battles in Halo 5. Battles are determined by who outplayed who and nothing else. No one started that fight at an advantage because they had a better weapon. I love power weapons as well, but they have to spawn infrequently and should be earned. Large sandboxes like Halo 5 feel extremely muddy to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't that one of the best selling points to BR starts though? Everyone is on equal grounds at all times besides power weapons, minimal snowball effects, no one won battles because they had a better/easier weapon out or spawned closer to an easier/better weapon, people didn't have random advantages due to weapons, you didn't have to plan your game around 5 or 6 diffetent possible weapons you could face. Advantages such as power weapons were earned rather than waking 10 feet off spawn and getting a better weapon, etc.

I love minimal sandboxes in FPS games. Simple and staight to the point. I loved BRs and power weapons only. I hate playing Halo 5 and being killed by a better/easier weapon off spawn, and I hate getting killed by someone that had a needler that I had no idea about because I couldn't track when it was picked up and who had it.

I can't get enough of pistol vs. pistol battles in Halo 5. Battles are determined by who outplayed who and nothing else. No one started that fight at an advantage because they had a better weapon. I love power weapons as well, but they have to spawn infrequently and should be earned. Large sandboxes like Halo 5 feel extremely muddy to me.

Less like Halo 5, more like Halo 1.  I don't want a huge sandbox, but I want what weapons that are there to matter, and be good and different.  Halo 3 had an enormous number of weapons in the game, but only a few of them were viable, and some of them were redundant (shotgun, sword, mauler, carbine, beam rifle, etc).  That's just silly to me to have that bloated of a sandbox and have no one ever use most of it.

And if you can't handle more than a 4 weapon game, then I guess H3 MLG was the game for you.  The rest of the arena shooter genre probably isn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bloated > Non-existent

Halo 5 has a bloated sandbox with a bunch of overlapping viable weapons. Halo 3 has a non-existent sandbox with a few usable weapons and a bunch of useless ones.

A bloated sandbox can be fixed by editing weapon spawns. A non-existent sandbox is fucked no matter what.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bloated > Non-existent

Halo 5 has a bloated sandbox with a bunch of overlapping viable weapons. Halo 3 has a non-existent sandbox with a few usable weapons and a bunch of useless ones.

A bloated sandbox can be fixed by editing weapon spawns. A non-existent sandbox is fucked no matter what.

I prefer H3 weapon balance to H5's.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why?

Because it was even and was all about outplaying people that were on an even level. That's what I enjoy. BR/power weapons/power ups is something I always enjoyed. Other weapons can be good but they can also completely ruin the experience. Almost every weapon in Halo 5 that isn't the pistol is just an easy weapon that nets you an advantage. And you just walk to it and grab it. Autos are a nightmare and even weapons like the plasma pistol are waaaaaay too cheesy. Hell, even the boltshot is a tracking 4sk that doesn't require a headshot. Honestly the tracking/easy mode guns of halo 5 are more annoying for me to deal with (and harder to balance) than a 4 gun meta. It's also the reason games like Overwatch aren't too great to me. I like even battles a majority of the time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

RIP squad slayer.

Yes! And Action Sack, Anniversary BTB, Anniversary FFA (Headlong and Timberland are just completely gone from MP now, thanks 343), They also cut the (awesome) Classic Playlist before Anniversary came out and said they would re-introduce it later, which of course they didn't. It's been straight downhill since 2011 for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes! And Action Sack, Anniversary BTB, Anniversary FFA (Headlong and Timberland are just completely gone from MP now, thanks 343), They also cut the (awesome) Classic Playlist before Anniversary came out and said they would re-introduce it later, which of course they didn't. It's been straight downhill since 2011 for Halo.

The TU they introduced was pretty fucking dope though.

The H3 sandbox is superior in the sense that on LAN it was consistent with 110% damage and the guns required skill to aim with lower assist and projectile ballistics.

H5 is broken because of how easy most of the guns are to use. Only the pistol is remotely skillful.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The TU they introduced was pretty fucking dope though.

The content was awesome. The fact it never reached (no pun intended) its potential and how they later abandoned everything they could have learned from it left a sour taste in my mouth though.

Looks like some people haven't played Destiny. Bungie that once was is dead and will never come back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The content was awesome. The fact it never reached (no pun intended) its potential and how they later abandoned everything they could have learned from it left a sour taste in my mouth though.

Yea but lets be real the updated playlists NEVER got played on, I wish that they had TUed every single playlist but the Reach kids would get pissy.

Yes, if they didn't just remaster but actually added features and improvements, holy shit that would be incredible.

Looks like some people haven't played Destiny. Bungie that once was is dead and will never come back.

What is it about Destiny that makes you think Bungie wouldn't be able to deliver a quality Halo 3 Anniversary?

Yea but lets be real the updated playlists NEVER got played on, I wish that they had TUed every single playlist but the Reach kids would get pissy.

Actually, BTB is TU and still one of the most popular playlists.