CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

@ I haven't been able to play MCC multiplayer for almost a year now because of Downloading Latest Matchmaking Data. Can we get a patch or something?

I reinstalled MCC and that problem went away for me. I know it's a hassle, but it worked. 

I reinstalled MCC and that problem went away for me. I know it's a hassle, but it worked. 

Yeah I tried that too but it didn't go away. Took me almost a week of non-stop downloading cuz of my crappy internet

Can't believe it's been 2 years since this was announced.

To think that they're gonna bring out on stage the same cast of characters to talk about HW2. Cringe.

If memory serves correctly, Microsoft cherry picks about half the attendees for their keynote.

So even if half the audience boos or is silent, the other half cheers.

Also... SFX

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I could like it without radar, regens, and the ghost

I actually like the ghost on it. Adds a little something extra for the guys that can actually use it without getting boarded. The map would be pretty plain without it. Like Narrows without a man cannon.

And @, I wasn't factoring in SMG/AR starts on anything. Every map is bad with those settings. Epitaph, Sword Base and Solitary are dumpster vomit at their best.

solitary was wasnt good, the classic version is fine, but that remake was the worst out of all of them, probably the only one i didnt care for. my favorite was damnation, i mean the original is my favorite halo map ever so that shouldnt surprise anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sad part is, there's only like 5-6 major things that need an update/patch and this game would be amazing.

the sadder part is, those 5-6 major things have been known since launch
  • Upvote (+1) 8

If anyone cares about H3A this might be real, they better not mess this up.

Confirmed fake.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who confirmed it?

this video was posted in the halo 5 thread a few days ago and it was confirmed by someone. Dont remember who

this video was posted in the halo 5 thread a few days ago and it was confirmed by someone. Dont remember who

I feel like i saw that same screen like over a year ago too
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I hope people use the new xbox arena feature to make some h1 MCC tournaments. Could be fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

To think that they're gonna bring out on stage the same cast of characters to talk about HW2. Cringe.

If memory serves correctly, Microsoft cherry picks about half the attendees for their keynote.

So even if half the audience boos or is silent, the other half cheers.

Also... SFX

E3 Followup: They rushed through everything 343 Industries related in a blatant PR move designed to minimize the shock of seeing the liar who brought the world MCC still employed by Microsoft in the public view at a trade show event. Teaser before DA went onstage. Least applause award goes to DA. Gameplay trailer immediately after. 343 Industries logo flashed onscreen for less than a second. Bonnie Ross was a no show.

Call me crazy, but I think Microsoft may finally realize how vilified that studio and their senior staff are. But back to square one, Phil Spencer ultimately approved this game for release. He was a new division lead and Xbox was really hurting with respect to the competition in sales. The game was approved on his stupidity as a new lead at the sacrifice of the incredible hostility it would create with longtime fans. He's gotten a pass by the media at large. As for his "gaming beyond generations" push... quick reminder: they still haven't fixed this game.

Go get your H2 fix elsewhere because Phil Spencer doesn't care.

• Upvote (+1) 4

E3 Followup: They rushed through everything 343 Industries related in a blatant PR move designed to minimize the shock of seeing the liar who brought the world MCC still employed by Microsoft in the public view at a trade show event. Teaser before DA went onstage. Least applause award goes to DA. Gameplay trailer immediately after. 343 Industries logo flashed onscreen for less than a second. Bonnie Ross was a no show.

Call me crazy, but I think Microsoft may finally realize how vilified that studio and their senior staff are. But back to square one, Phil Spencer ultimately approved this game for release. He was a new division lead and Xbox was really hurting with respect to the competition in sales. The game was approved on his stupidity as a new lead at the sacrifice of the incredible hostility it would create with longtime fans. He's gotten a pass by the media at large. As for his "gaming beyond generations" push... quick reminder: they still haven't fixed this game.

Port MCC onto PC - which is what their vision basically is right now. 

Crowd Source Modding community starts fixing it up.

It's like a win win.  But one can only dream

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dan Ayoub on having various teams working on one game

“...The teams gelled really fast, and it quickly felt like we were one team moving in the same direction. We have teams in the UK and teams here in Seattle, but really we’re just one team working in different locations..."

Oblivious PR department to release that quote knowing exactly what the public narrative was for MCC. Somewhat negates their entire story that multiple teams working on one game is too complicated. They'd get demolished on that discrepancy were a lawsuit ever filed. Amateur-move from Microsoft's Halo division... Why would anyone expect anything less?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-wars-2-at-e3-2016

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish Microsoft would put Halo in the hands of a new dev that that appreciate and love Halo - one that wants to bring Halo back to where it should be.  After H4, MCC and a game that cant retain players in H5 - how many strikes do they get?  

• Upvote (+1) 2