CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I remember the hope and excitement I had loading up MCC on midnightdan:mj:

I think even if it had launched in the state it is now it would have survived. When I think about what could have been done with this (what if we just had all the old stat collection?)....it's crying Jordan for days.

Are these dudes gonna be at E3? Another year of letting them slide with their BS?

Let's wait till E3. I doubt they will but we might get some kind of PR apologies about MCC.

According to Bravo there is still a "MCC Team" that works solely on the MCC.  Believe it? 

Yeah me neither. 

Whenever I think of the MCC team, I picture them being treated as the Milton of 343.

(Sorry for the quality. Only vid I could find of it.)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Whenever I think of the MCC team, I picture them being treated as the Milton of 343.

(Sorry for the quality. Only vid I could find of it.)

zWqgZAC.png

What am I looking at?

Edit. Never mind, TB fixed itself.

Let's wait till E3. I doubt they will but we might get some kind of PR apologies about MCC.

Mentioning MCC, at E3 of all places, would be a PR disaster.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Mentioning MCC, at E3 of all places, would be a PR disaster.

Notice how he wont respond to anything about an update? Or the future of MCC? Or the MCC team? or any kind of concrete feedback in regards to the state of the current game?

drives me nuts how precisely selective and PC he chooses to be (or is made to be).

Gotta love that job security though. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well how about this...

@@Sal1ent,

Apparently 343 hires individuals as contractors right? Where do I apply?

• 3+ years professional experience working as a developer/team lead on multiple development projects.
  • Very proficient in C++, JavaScript, PHP, batch/bash scripting, and CMake scripting.
  • Experienced in cross platform development environment.
  • Experienced in development and deployment on Linux, Unix, and Windows platforms.
  • Trained in the Agile/Scrum development process.
  • Configuration Management in Agile Process.
  • Efficient with multiple versioning applications such as Subversion and Git (Currently our division's Subversion & Configuration Manager).
  • Limited experience, but have worked with C#, Java, and C.

Resume and multiple references available upon request; and yes, I'm serious.

Yes, I'm familiar with 343's jobs page but I'm actually looking for a different position aside from the ones posted. I would actually be interested in becoming a "maintainer" if you will, for Halo: Master Chief Collection. I will dedicate my time to at least ensure that the population who are still playing this game are actually getting the most quality game types, playlists, updates (if possible) possible... And furthermore, I will do all of this for free. And once again, yes, I'm serious. If I'm able to do whatever I can to help make this game better, I will be willing to do so. I don't need to be paid for it because Halo and programming/development is what I love to do and usually what I'm doing anyway in my spare time. Any NDA agreements/contracts I would need to adhere is no problem at all.

Obviously this is rather informal, but I'll do anything to make this game better, or Halo in general.

Savior  :weback:

WTF I thought the ranks already were expanded? I see 40s match with 1s in the CE list.

They're lying like they lie about everything fam.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

WTF I thought the ranks already were expanded? I see 40s match with 1s in the CE list.

You wouldn't be able to find a match otherwise. Population is probably sitting around 10k total.

I honestly wish there was something I could actually do; I hope Josh reads that because I'm actually being genuine. I just care about the community to much and wish I could literally sit down and give the newer generation the experiences we had during the Halo 1/2/3 days. I mean I'm only 24, but it sucks when you start to get those reminiscing feels every time you get on the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well how about this...

@@Sal1ent,

Apparently 343 hires individuals as contractors right? Where do I apply?

• 3+ years professional experience working as a developer/team lead on multiple development projects.
  • Very proficient in C++, JavaScript, PHP, batch/bash scripting, and CMake scripting.
  • Experienced in cross platform development environment.
  • Experienced in development and deployment on Linux, Unix, and Windows platforms.
  • Trained in the Agile/Scrum development process.
  • Configuration Management in Agile Process.
  • Efficient with multiple versioning applications such as Subversion and Git (Currently our division's Subversion & Configuration Manager).
  • Limited experience, but have worked with C#, Java, and C.

Resume and multiple references available upon request; and yes, I'm serious.

Yes, I'm familiar with 343's jobs page but I'm actually looking for a different position aside from the ones posted. I would actually be interested in becoming a "maintainer" if you will, for Halo: Master Chief Collection. I will dedicate my time to at least ensure that the population who are still playing this game are actually getting the most quality game types, playlists, updates (if possible) possible... And furthermore, I will do all of this for free. And once again, yes, I'm serious. If I'm able to do whatever I can to help make this game better, I will be willing to do so. I don't need to be paid for it because Halo and programming/development is what I love to do and usually what I'm doing anyway in my spare time. Any NDA agreements/contracts I would need to adhere is no problem at all.

Obviously this is rather informal, but I'll do anything to make this game better, or Halo in general.

Robert-Redford-Nod-of-approval.gif

If only the people at 343 loved halo as much as you do man... 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Robert-Redford-Nod-of-approval.gif

If only the people at 343 loved halo as much as you do man... 

You know me more than most people on here and you know I've told you this before. If it weren't for Halo, I would've never pursued a degree in Simulation Programming. I would've never had the opportunity to work at MLG for three years. I would've never made half of the amount of friends that I consider more family than my own family if it weren't for this game. I attribute most of my success in life to this game, and frankly, I regret nothing. I'd do anything to make this series the REASON people buy an Xbox again as opposed to those who will play it 2-3 times and shelve it for every other game on the market. So many amazing experiences since my first tournament at an EGL tournament (The EG League for you old schoolers that remember haha) when I was 14. Great times.

With how good the HCS is doing, relatively speaking, hopefully the community can get back to where it once was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe if they extend the search ranges again we will go full circle and have some actual skill matching for once

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe if they extend the search ranges again we will go full circle and have some actual skill matching for once

Skill matching means absolutely nothing if parties of 3/4 can match solos/duos.

That would require acknowledging it's presence that won't happen.

Notice how he wont respond to anything about an update? Or the future of MCC? Or the MCC team? or any kind of concrete feedback in regards to the state of the current game?

drives me nuts how precisely selective and PC he chooses to be (or is made to be).

Gotta love that job security though.

Dude everything Bravo saids is a PR statement, it's literally his job
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Fix MCC to be 100% faithful and relaunch it for free for all Xbox users.

I would like that. Reboot it. Possibly on scorpio as a free launch title. Or Xbox One, but also have a free scorpio version