CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If there is one thing this company will always struggle with it's got to be playlist management. They have yet to put out ONE good playlist lineup

Plus they have a looong history of removing good playlists for no apparent reason

They should just have 1 good ranked playlist per game with the accepted competitive settings, and add a public custom game browser for the rest. The balancing act they're trying to do is stupid.

Frankly I don't even consider myself a Halo fan anymore.

I'm a Halo 1 fan.

I suppose I could stretch it to "I'm a classic Halo fan" but tbh CE feels like it doesn't belong to the same series as H2/H3/Reach, at least in terms of multiplayer.

I'm right there with you, dude.

Lolllllllllllllk

Last verse, same as the first.

Looking back at MCC (I truly can't remember the last time I played it ... my 'bone is merely a glorified Blu-ray player at this point), and comparing it to good, working games, it's clear that it is UNFIXABLE. Not by 343, not by Bungie, not by Nintendo EAD (teh kingz of quality).

Pardon my language, but it's permanantly fucked.

The final hope for Halo is that Microsoft's next console is also a failure, forcing them to put out "MCC 2.0 - The One That You Can Actually Play*".

Stop draining your souls, people. Stop playing Halo. All of it. (Halo 1 OG excepted, of course.) Sell your 'bones. Get a Wii U (or go retro until NX shows up if you're worried about Ninty dropping support). Have some danged FUN:

*TOTYCAP...I like that acronym. :P

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm right there with you, dude.

Last verse, same as the first.

Looking back at MCC (I truly can't remember the last time I played it ... my 'bone is merely a glorified Blu-ray player at this point), and comparing it to good, working games, it's clear that it is UNFIXABLE. Not by 343, not by Bungie, not by Nintendo EAD (teh kingz of quality).

Pardon my language, but it's permanantly fucked.

The final hope for Halo is that Microsoft's next console is also a failure, forcing them to put out "MCC 2.0 - The One That You Can Actually Play*".

Stop draining your souls, people. Stop playing Halo. All of it. (Halo 1 OG excepted, of course.) Sell your 'bones. Get a Wii U (or go retro until NX shows up if you're worried about Ninty dropping support). Have some danged FUN:

*TOTYCAP...I like that acronym. :P

I find Mario Kart more frustrating than any competitive shooter I have ever played, so I am going to pass on your "fun" offer.

@@Hard Way

Any chance of you getting that damnation video up? Your tutorials are pretty slick

Yes.  Sorry about the delay.  I'm truly embarrassed of my procrastination.  I just needed like 30 seconds of gamplay to fill a hole, and Batch recorded some for me the other day.  It's just a matter of going into his clips and capping it.  Honestly I could probably get it up tomorrow if I just do it.  Thanks for the kind words.

Yes.  Sorry about the delay.  I'm truly embarrassed of my procrastination.  I just needed like 30 seconds of gamplay to fill a hole, and Batch recorded some for me the other day.  It's just a matter of going into his clips and capping it.  Honestly I could probably get it up tomorrow if I just do it.  Thanks for the kind words.

No problem and no apology needed, im not entitled to your content. Some of those tips you've given have really helped up my game (even if i am still just a bk)

I am a new member of this community.

Have some rep, on the house.

I can't believe how good Halo 1/2/3 feels after Halo 5. There's a simplicity to it that deceives you into thinking you've learnt the game, only to get absolutely destroyed by someone that knows more than you. Halo 5 feels... I guess "cluttered" is the word I would use. Like you have all of these new abilities within the same experience, but it loses that attractive simplicity. 

It's hard to describe.

I know right? I jumped on halo 3 Saturday night, and it was a blast, the aiming is still terrible compared to the 360 version but it still beats the aiming in halo 5. I'm glad people still play MCC, don't give up!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Stop draining your souls, people. Stop playing Halo. All of it. (Halo 1 OG excepted, of course.) Sell your 'bones.

Negative fam.

MCC CE (specifically, the 2v2 playslist) will always hold a special place in my heart. Without it, myself and hundreds of others would never have had a chance to play against you nerds and be forced to learn the metagame. Every time someone here says anything along the lines of "MCC isn't even worth playing," or "MCC isn't the same game" it makes me laugh, because no one seems to realize how many new players we got since it launched. Say what you will about 343i, but there are more CE players now than ever thanks to them. Sure it could be better, and they're still a shit company. But people can actually play CE 2v2 at a relatively high-level without buying a 16-year old console and CRT TV, not to mention the fact that they'll need to convince others in their area to do the same if they want to get the best experience.

Aside from some local LANs back circa 2002, I've been getting my CE fix from the PC version for the last 13 years. It's been much worse than MCC, and an extremely shallow representation of the original. (Well, until recently :D see this thread to see how much has changed: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/).

So for anyone that stopped playing MCC CE: I hope you're at least playing OG LANs regularly (or XLink if you're a masochist), because I personally don't ever plan to stop playing CE. There are more ways to play the game now than ever, and more players, and all I ever see here is complaints and cynicism.

• Upvote (+1) 8

CD Projekt Red just released their 12th update for The Witcher 3. It has been out for 9 months now.

MCC has been out for 14 months and how many updates did it have? 7, 8? So sad to think about that. The potential the game had.... #FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 5

CD Projekt Red just released their 12th update for The Witcher 3. It has been out for 9 months now.

MCC has been out for 14 months and how many updates did it have? 7, 8? So sad to think about that. The potential the game had.... #FeelsBadMan

From Wikipedia:

According to Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED, maintaining its independence is a company priority.

Ahhhh, so refreshing.

Meritorious. Principled. Vision.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Negative fam.

MCC CE (specifically, the 2v2 playslist) will always hold a special place in my heart. Without it, myself and hundreds of others would never have had a chance to play against you nerds and be forced to learn the metagame. Every time someone here says anything along the lines of "MCC isn't even worth playing," or "MCC isn't the same game" it makes me laugh, because no one seems to realize how many new players we got since it launched. Say what you will about 343i, but there are more CE players now than ever thanks to them. Sure it could be better, and they're still a shit company. But people can actually play CE 2v2 at a relatively high-level without buying a 16-year old console and CRT TV, not to mention the fact that they'll need to convince others in their area to do the same if they want to get the best experience.

that might be true but the terrible bullet magnetism 343i decided to use that favours no lead in mcc ce which often doesnt work on higher ping hosts certainly doesnt make the experience very enjoyable once you reach a certain level

they should finally re-introduce the lead

• Upvote (+1) 4

that might be true but the terrible bullet magnetism 343i decided to use that favours no lead in mcc ce which often doesnt work on higher ping hosts certainly doesnt make the experience very enjoyable once you reach a certain level

Yes that's true - the only true way to play the game at that level is on OG LAN. But it's still a good thing that MCC CE exists, if only because of the exposure the game is getting due to easier accessibility. So I understand the frustration of the players at the top, and I'm not defending 343i's shortcomings. It just grinds my gears when people say "they should have never even bothered releasing MCC" and stuff like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nor does it feel good shootting someone 8+times to only have them 3 you while walking in a straight line.

• Upvote (+1) 1

C'mon now, you can't call some of the updates "updates". One step forward, two steps back for some.

• Upvote (+1) 1

C'mon now, you can't call some of the updates "updates". One step forward, two steps back for some.

Yeah very true. Some of them didn't qualify for a true update like the last one for example. 4 months to work on it and we had like 14 changes that barely helped the game?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe how good Halo 1/2/3 feels after Halo 5. There's a simplicity to it that deceives you into thinking you've learnt the game, only to get absolutely destroyed by someone that knows more than you. Halo 5 feels... I guess "cluttered" is the word I would use. Like you have all of these new abilities within the same experience, but it loses that attractive simplicity. 

It's hard to describe.

Besides the abilities, less skillful players can't get as many kills on you as they would  get in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 just feels like a braindead version of halo. Take some of these "good" H5 kids you play online and put them into one of the originals and they will be lost.

• Upvote (+1) 3