CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Who ever decided to put the pistol as your secondary in Team Snipers playlist for CE should be fired. What is the point of having CE in team snipes when your secondary is the primary gun? That's like making h3 snipes have a BR as your secondary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who ever decided to put the pistol as your secondary in Team Snipers playlist for CE should be fired. What is the point of having CE in team snipes when your secondary is the primary gun? That's like making h3 snipes have a BR as your secondary.

Some H2-onwards kid that thinks pistols are supposed to be secondary weapons

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah me too :( I feel like my Halo days are over now. I really wish it was ended with Reach at this point.

Although Reach was trash, i still played it when v7 was out and it still resembled some bit of Halo IMO. Now I don't even care to watch streams, play the newer halo's, or try to get games in MCC. I know people might say if you love the old games you can still play them but my favorite was Halo 2 and there is nothing about Halo 2 that i remember 10 years ago and MCC just left a bad taste in my mouth. Even the lans I go to there are only 3 good people including me and although they are fun, I'll never get to experience competitive Halo 2 much again.

Even if they fixed the game the entire appeal is gone. There is no point grinding a ranking system when I match the same 15 people over anyways because back in the day that hardly happened until you got extremely high ranked. The saddest part of all are people who were once on our side telling us now if you don't like the new direction Halo is going then to move on lol. Truth be told those people can't relate to the days I can where I played halo 8-12 hours a day for 3 years straight. They never truly got to experience the best years of Xbox live and it is sad I will not get those days back again. Fuck it its life though!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know of a place where I can h3 mlg gametypes/maps please? Also an octagon on foundry or sandbox too please?

Does anyone know of a place where I can h3 mlg gametypes/maps please? Also an octagon on foundry or sandbox too please?

Sorry for the name drop of this person if they browse these forums, but this is the person I added to grab the MLG settings.

Gt: xAcer95x

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for the name drop of this person if they browse these forums, but this is the person I added to grab the MLG settings.

Thank you sir. After I download them I shall annoy him endlessly and tell him it's your fault :lxthul:.

The only people I play from reddit are other moderators, which of who are chosen based on maturity and activity (yes, that is hard to find). I rarely participate in the /r/Halo threads beyond moderation stuff. We try to have /r/Halo be for fans of every Halo game/media and if I give my opinions there, they'll automatically think that my opinions matches my moderation and that I ban people who have the opposite opinions as me, which would be ridiculous since we've removed a moderator for that very reason.

I've seen that type of drama happen in the Battlefield and Super Smash subreddits with its moderators and I feel bad for the guys because all they were doing is giving their opinions on a series they love. We all know how reddit loves to bring out the pitchforks so I just stay as neutral as possible when I'm there. Besides, I've already pissed off half of the power users so I think I'm done with any drama that happens on that site.

moderating large forums aint easy, you cannot and should not try to appeal to everyone ;)

Thank you sir. After I download them I shall annoy him endlessly and tell him it's your fault :lxthul:.

You guys know you don't need to add people to download files, right?

On the menu, press X to open the roster, press A on your name and choose Find Player. Enter their GT and then choose File Share.

So, on a scale of 1-class dunce, how dumb is it to believe deep down that they're so silent on the MCC because they're planning a re-launch in 2017 w/ the release of Halo 3 anniversary on Xbox one and W10 simultaneously calling it MCC 2.0 and it being completely rebuilt from the ground up with more than 2 years of development time?

lol

:prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, on a scale of 1-class dunce, how dumb is it to believe deep down that they're so silent on the MCC because they're planning a re-launch in 2017 w/ the release of Halo 3 anniversary on Xbox one and W10 simultaneously calling it MCC 2.0 and it being completely rebuilt from the ground up with more than 2 years of development time?

lol

lmao that would be the only thing to bring me back

You guys know you don't need to add people to download files, right?

On the menu, press X to open the roster, press A on your name and choose Find Player. Enter their GT and then choose File Share.

Welp.

Is this the same for Halo 5?  Or do you have to add people in Halo 5?

Welp.

Is this the same for Halo 5?  Or do you have to add people in Halo 5?

Have to add people in Halo 5 AFAIK

Lol, you don't like being able to backpack reload(reload, reload, switch weapon) your sniper when playing team snipers in Halo CE? The sniper in Halo CE can easily over power the pistol because of it's fast ROF especially on maps with open LOS such as Hang 'Em High and Boarding Action.

Do you also not like power-ups being on the map in team snipers for Halo CE? IMO power-ups being in team snipers adds a extra element to the game type even though they aren't as important to control like they are in team slayer.

lol

343 making h3a? Can't think of anything I'd want to see less.

Lol, you don't like being able to backpack reload(reload, reload, switch weapon) your sniper when playing team snipers in Halo CE? The sniper in Halo CE can easily over power the pistol because of it's fast ROF especially on maps with open LOS such as Hang 'Em High and Boarding Action.

Do you also not like power-ups being on the map in team snipers for Halo CE? IMO power-ups being in team snipers adds a extra element to the game type even though they aren't as important to control like they are in team slayer.

Adding rockets would also add an extra element to the game, doesn't mean it's a good one lol.

Adding rockets would also add an extra element to the game, doesn't mean it's a good one lol.

True but power-ups can't directly get you kills like rockets can, even though you pick up a power-up from the map in H1 team snipes you still have to get kills with your sniper/pistol. I think it's arguable if power-ups add a good element to team snipers or not.

On one hand people can make the argument that power-ups being in team snipers is detrimental to the game type because it takes away from the true essence of team snipers since there are items on the map other than sniper rifles. On the other hand people can make the argument that power-ups being in team snipers makes the game type have more depth to it because it adds a extra element to the game type that players have to be aware of and control.

Either way it doesn't matter if people dislike having the pistol and power-ups in team snipers for Halo CE because you can't disable them since the custom game settings are so limited. Either adapt to using a pistol and controlling power-ups in team snipers for Halo CE or don't play it.

So long as they don't touch the actual game mechanics they could make it work. Quite literally they just need to go back to basics... File share/customs/forge need to work as well as they did on the 360, improve the UI to be more similar to h3/reach. Fix matchmaking and ranks. Maybe (just maybe) bring over some CE/H2 maps using minimalist h3 artwork style.

What would most likely kill me would be to slap H3 settings on a different game's engine and using map remakes with the over-embellished artwork that we saw with h2a...

Sure I see everything through rose-tinted lens but I feel like the only way to restore halo to its former glory is to bring a classic halo to the latest gen platform with nothing but functionality upgrades that are made possible through better hardware and dedicated servers.

So basically it would need to be everything we thought MCC would be capable of.

This isn't going to happen. MCC exists because of two reasons

1. Microsoft needed a Halo game on the Xbox One asap

2. It was a new console and an opportunity to get more fans

H3A isn't going to happen because it isn't needed as MCC was. Besides, 343 will find a way to fuck it up. They'll probably cut out all the file share options or something stupid like that. Either way, a Halo 3 Anniversary won't be anything like we would expect if 343 is leading development.

• Upvote (+1) 3

H3A isn't going to happen because it isn't needed as MCC was. Besides, 343 will find a way to fuck it up. They'll probably cut out all the file share options or something stupid like that. Either way, a Halo 3 Anniversary won't be anything like we would expect if 343 is leading development.

Could be better. They could fix the annoying aiming issues, remove the equipment, and fix the netcode.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly, they will find a way to mess it up. Look at what they did to h2a compared to h2c...it was absolutely disgusting.

Best thing for h3 is wait for it come become backwards compatible so games can actually be found in mlg again.

I hope for halo 3 anni, but i also hope 343 don't develop this. 

Please don't pawn the MP off to Certain Affinity if H3A ever becomes a thing. They make good looking maps... but that's about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2