CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Saw online that they're thinking about making OG Xbox games BC some time down the line.

If that ever happens it should be free for Mcc purchases, same with H3 and Reach if those ever happen

Just give mechassault
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just give mechassault

I can't imagine the XBL servers working, but if they did omg.. Mech Assault is the GOAT.  Rainbow Six 3 and Unreal Championship would also be godlike. I loved playing the small tiers because of their godlike strafe walking that could go up the steep inclines you weren't supposed to go over. 

Are you talking about the same die hard fans who spent the last fourteen years buying the "dogshit" sequels?

You mean those who bought a game because its box had halo printed all over it, and they were looking for their fix that they enjoyed from the earlier titles?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't imagine the XBL servers working, but if they did omg.. Mech Assault is the GOAT. Rainbow Six 3 and Unreal Championship would also be godlike. I loved playing the small tiers because of their godlike strafe walking that could go up the steep inclines you weren't supposed to go over.

Campaign is awesome. I have way too many hours just playing grinder, especially on the desert one where you can live forever.

If 343 only knew how much of their credibility they could gain back if they fixed MCC and continued to support it.....

What a shame.

Let's be honest, how can you fix something that was never complete to start with? It was a total train wreck of a game. It's playable now, it only took a year. *slowclap for 343*

My friend got back on Halo 3 MCC after playing Halo 5 for the last month. First thing he said..

"That's weird... The BR doesn't take up 1/3rd of my screen anymore"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love how every single comment is like, "they have this in H5 too, it's sooooooo skillful".

" bringing halo back to its roots"

If 343 only knew how much of their credibility they could gain back if they fixed MCC and continued to support it.....

What a shame.

To be honest, I don't think they'd gain any more credibility from it from 95% of the Halo population. Most people have moved on to Halo 5, and only the diehard original halo fans are still on MCC. 95% of the community probably wouldn't even know they "fixed" it or "upgraded" it if anything was done, and even if they did, most of the community would still remember how broke it was for how long so it wouldn't even matter. 

I wish you were right, but I honestly don't think they'd gain much from doing it, as much as I wish they would.

I really wish that we had a company that stayed true to their promises. Halo 5 is not only not that fun to me but it also doesn't even work for me due to lag. Going back to this game to experience a Halo again made me sad thinking that this is the 3rd time I've went back to classic a Halo game after each new Halo title since Reach came out. I also realized that I haven't really fully enjoyed a Halo game in over 5 years now. Sure there were moments here and there but nothing like it used to be.

On top of that we have a company that doesn't even want to finish what they started. Halo MCC is still not a fully functional game a year after launch and will probably never get another update ever again, and to make matters worse this is possibly the last classic Halo experience we will ever get again and it just got pushed under the rug once Halo 5 came out.

• Upvote (+1) 1