CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I have never felt apathy on the eve of a Halo release until today. Feels weird.

Just visited an old friend today, he asked me "How's Halo?" because he went with a PS4 due to how shitty Halo 4 was.

He meant MCC but I tell him Halo 5 comes out tonight. It's the first one he hasn't gotten at midnight and he didn't even know it was coming.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just visited an old friend today, he asked me "How's Halo?" because he went with a PS4 due to how shitty Halo 4 was.

He meant MCC but I tell him Halo 5 comes out tonight. It's the first one he hasn't gotten at midnight and he didn't even know it was coming.

My brother texted me this morning and asked me if H5 was coming out tomorrow. I told him yeah and his response to me was "wow you really don't care". He knows how much I love these games
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Ce should carry this game for a few years.

It would've if it had been:

cboxhalo.jpg

But unfortunately, it's:

250px-HaloCEA_boxart.png

Which was nothing more than smearing lipstick on:

23ih6kz.jpg

Plus, some:

1438673149117282127.jpg

was smeared on it for MCC as a final disgrace.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This was supposed to be the game that lasted over a decade. I could barely even play it for a year.

It was dead, burried and forgotten the day it released.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This game is pretty much gonna end next Tuesday. I'll always think of this game as "what could have been"

343 honestly should just make this game free with every copy of H5.

RIP MCC

We had at least 2 solid weeks of slightly above average match making together.

Will cherish that period for as long as I live.

I'll still play some mcc but -snip-

makes me sad. the potential this game had. all the promise. unfulfilled

Today is a sad sad day fellas, the potential for this game was soooo much. 

:(

Today kinda feels like the "last day" of MCC.

This is it baby. Hold me.

Legit feels like this game is dying today. Unreal. Most disappointing gaming experience I've ever had.

Damn, it's been fun MCC (ehh..sometimes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

RIP MCC. So much potential, so much disappointment. Huge issues still ruin this game a year after release.

Genuinely curious: what's your main game/playlist?

Call it wishful thinking but everyone I've come across (with a mic) in the CE 2v2 playlist said they aren't going anywhere. I can't imagine it being much different for the other games, except maybe H4.

Word I should stop over reacting. I played 360 H3 up until the Saturday MCC came out. I found games searching 50 high in any playlist.

I'm really hoping backwards compatibility brings some life back to 360. Searching solo 50 MLG was good competitive games almost all the time.

And I could only find other 1s/2s.

Call it wishful thinking but everyone I've come across (with a mic) in the CE 2v2 playlist said they aren't going anywhere. I can't imagine it being much different for the other games, except maybe H4.

Mine is usually h3 mlg so I'll continue playing that. I hope h5 gets rid of the to4s :ghost:.

Finally some normal people, the other threads are unbearable.

I have never felt apathy on the eve of a Halo release until today. Feels weird.

I feel you.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I play a mix of H1-H3. H4 is the only game I don't play.

I'm getting on soon. Hope I can still find a game....

My brother texted me this morning and asked me if H5 was coming out tomorrow. I told him yeah and his response to me was "wow you really don't care". He knows how much I love these games

Yeah, it's funny how I am literally the only one out of probably 15 friends I used to play Halo with every day to still have an Xbox One and getting Halo 5. Everyone has moved on after being burned by Reach, Halo 4, or Halo MCC. Halo MCC really was the one title that got half of my friends to play again, but after the launch it was the final nail in the coffin, and every single one of them has moved on. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really really really like Halo 1 and 2. Halo 3 has a weird charm that I like to it, but it's got nothing on 1 & 2. Been playing the CE 4v4 playlist with friends almost every night. Absolute blast. 

Halo 5 might be a good shooter but it doesn't look very Halo to me.

I'm not giving 343 any more money so I'll still be on the MCC. Well, occasionally since I hate playing alone and my friends will all stop playing this.

Is anyone else still going to be playing this? I'll probably be playing casual stuff like TS, h1 4v4, and BTB if anyone wants to join :)

Also, it's so sad how much I don't give a shit about a new halo game coming out. Fuck you 343

It would be interesting to compile a list of every person in the other thread who stated they weren't going to buy Halo 5 only to have a preloaded for tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H3 is the main game I played on MCC but a lot of that was a function of the fact that it was what everyone else wanted to play and you simply have to search parties. I give CE and 2 time when I make the mistake of searching alone.

All I know is that if ABearInTheWoods has H5 then I've given up on everything

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be interesting to compile a list of every person in the other thread who stated they weren't going to buy Halo 5 only to have a preloaded for tonight.

#Day2masterrace

Ce should carry this game for a few years.

Yeah, definitely going to enjoy this game until I /can/ get Halo 5, maybe I should dust off my Bing Rewards? Lol...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not giving 343 any more money so I'll still be on the MCC. Well, occasionally since I hate playing alone and my friends will all stop playing this.

Is anyone else still going to be playing this? I'll probably be playing casual stuff like TS, h1 4v4, and BTB if anyone wants to join :)

Also, it's so sad how much I don't give a shit about a new halo game coming out. Fuck you 343

Hey man, re-added you a while back but still haven't had a chance to play with you! Glad to know we're in the same boat in regards to H5. I'll still be playing MCC sparingly so if you ever wanna party up, send an invite.

Any Aussies here still plan on playing?

Im sure I will eventually end up with a copy of H5 but I will not buy it new, and I wont spend over $20 for it.

So about 2 months I reckon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey man, re-added you a while back but still haven't had a chance to play with you! Glad to know we're in the same boat in regards to H5. I'll still be playing MCC sparingly so if you ever wanna party up, send an invite.

Any Aussies here still plan on playing?

For sure. I feel like we probably won't be playing at the same time too often but if we are i'll invite ya