CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I personally don't play Halo in a hardcore (timing, spawn killing, power weapon nading) way. I try to do my best within the basic shoot/nade/melee fashion, and although it'll never make me pro, it can at least put me in the top half. It simply isn't fun for me if I try too hard. Same reason I don't play Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter/Killer Instinct style fighting games. Those damn button combos...

This is part of why I rarely had fun with Halo 2's multiplayer. It was pretty dependant on exploiting glitches and doing things in a mechanical way. Lone-wolfing it didn't work very well. Thankfully, Halo 3 loosened things up (I got up to rank 26 in the Lone Wolves playlist before I got bored of it), or I might've quit it early and not gone on to play Reach.

*sigh* I hope Battlefront isn't a bugfest and has deep-but-fun gameplay. I really miss the old days of stuff like MechAssault, Project Gotham Racing 2, and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - polished games that needed some skill, but were arcadey enough for the average Joe to not get completely turned off by them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll probably keep playing if only for the timeless campaigns (excluding H4). Rip multiplayer though, especially in Aus.

Thank you 343i. Thank you for releasing this game, and saving me hundreds of dollars that I would've spent on future Halo products. Thank you for being so inconcievably incompetent, so greedy, that you've eviscerated my loyalty to what was once my favourite game franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Today kinda feels like the "last day" of MCC.

This is it baby. Hold me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO to rebuild population for classic Halo you have to put them on Steam. No ifs, ands, buts. Populations can survive on PC, especially if the system requirements are low -- netplay is guaranteed.

as long as halo 1 is in mcc and I can play it online when I want....MCC is far from dead to me. It could be 50 guys in the playlist and I'd be happy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

MCC was so disappointing and frustrating at launch it's difficult to muster the time and energy to get on.

That said, it's got CE matchmaking. I was such a Halo 2 fanboy until I spent some real time playing CE. It's changed my entire perception of Halo.

Funny thing is if they had just done H2A and not given me a taste of CE I would probably be at GameStop at midnight tonight. Now that I know what Halo COULD BE - I can't bring myself to spend another cent on team-shot Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

RIP MCC. So much potential, so much disappointment. Huge issues still ruin this game a year after release.

- Unplayable for the first 4 months

- Dedicated server lie - Dan Anoob

- Game ends when host quits(lol)

- Many games with unplayable, teleporting lag

- Search resets when someone quits before the end of voting. This is an issue that was added by 343 two updates ago.

- No way to checkmark which games you want to play in a multi-game playlist. Obviously people love certain Halo's and loathe others.

- Ranking system is a joke. I could search solo on my 24 in Halo 3 right now and possibly match a team of four 50's

Also the stupid matchmaking decisions they have made. Ghost Town in Big Team(finally removed). AR start assault(recently removed) and crazy king(still there) in H3 Big Team. It's like 343 finally acknowledged AR start is bad for big team when they removed assault, yet they kept crazy king(which is even worse due to the random spawns) in to troll us or what? Where is neutral assault for H3 BTB? Where the hell are the H3 BR multi-bomb gametypes they said we'd be getting in the recent playlist update? Where is Sandbox?

The latest content update shows just how much 343 doesn't care about this game or the people who play(ed) it. An update 4 months in the making only to give us quit/AFK bans, what a joke. So is that a quit for me when the host quits and the game ends or when the game crashes? Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

as long as halo 1 is in mcc and I can play it online when I want....MCC is far from dead to me. It could be 50 guys in the playlist and I'd be happy.

I played h3 360 mlg with less than that up until the day mcc came out, never let go.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I played h3 360 mlg with less than that up until the day mcc came out, never let go.

basically...this whole idea that a game is dead because a new one just came out is funny to me...if you can find games...it's not dead...fuck how many ppl are playing...can you get on, search and find a match? MCC being a collection of the original trilogy alone is why it will never "die"..ppl loved those games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

basically...this whole idea that a game is dead becuase a new one just came out is funny to me...if you can find games...it's not dead...fuck how many ppl are playing...can you get on, search and find a match? 

Yeah I agree. Maybe they're talking about the support the game will receive.

basically...this whole idea that a game is dead because a new one just came out is funny to me...if you can find games...it's not dead...fuck how many ppl are playing...can you get on, search and find a match? MCC being a collection of the original trilogy alone is why it will never "die"..ppl loved those games.

As the king of dead, irrelevant games.. I completely agree with this.

Yeah I agree. Maybe they're talking about the support the game will receive.

Eh.. we weren't going to get the level of support we needed. I'm somewhat glad they fixed the game enough to this point cause there was a time I thought the game was going to remain as awful as it launched. These games are competitive enough to retain a small playerbase throughout the next couple years in my opinion. Two of the dead games I play are 8 years old, and 6 years old and both of those developers had shut down months after the games release, yet the community is still active enough to find games and scrims.

The only annoying thing is even with a LOW population, I would rather have hardcore split between H2 and H3.

As the king of dead, irrelevant games.. I completely agree with this.

Eh.. we weren't going to get the level of support we needed. I'm somewhat glad they fixed the game enough to this point cause there was a time I thought the game was going to remain as awful as it launched. These games are competitive enough to retain a small playerbase throughout the next couple years in my opinion. Two of the dead games I play are 8 years old, and 6 years old and both of those developers had shut down months after the games release, yet the community is still active enough to find games and scrims.

The only annoying thing is even with a LOW population, I would rather have hardcore split between H2 and H3.

I think I've played one h2 game in mlg in the past 150 or so, from the games I've been in there has been so little support so after h5 idk how many players will be left in hardcore for h2. They never should have been put together in the first place, that goes for anything in ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I've played one h2 game in mlg in the past 150 or so, from the games I've been in there has been so little support so after h5 idk how many players will be left in hardcore for h2. They never should have been put together in the first place, that goes for anything in ranked.

It sucks HAVING to play with a team just to get Halo 2, although playing with a team is much more enjoyable. The issue is I am having trouble finding players since a lot of my friends gave up with MCC. Last night I did get lucky and played about half Halo 2, half Halo 3, but about 75% was all midship lol.

Word I should stop over reacting. I played 360 H3 up until the Saturday MCC came out. I found games searching 50 high in any playlist.

You know it's bad when you haven't even thought about, let alone played halo at all for the past month. My interest has been steadily declining all year and I think it finally hit rock bottom. My ring is all I have left to remind me of the glory days. I couldn't care less about Halo 5 tonight/tomorrow. MCC Halo is all but dead to me. I'm almost envious of the kids who will enjoy Halo 5 and beyond because I know I won't be part of it. I don't want it to be over but I just don't care anymore. It was a fun 15 year run - I'm sad :(

Edit: Who am I kidding, I will never stop playing Halo 1, but this is still depressing.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You know it's bad when you haven't even thought about, let alone played halo at all for the past month. My interest has been steadily declining all year and I think it finally hit rock bottom. My ring is all I have left to remind me of the glory days. I couldn't care less about Halo 5 tonight/tomorrow. MCC Halo is all but dead to me. I'm almost envious of the kids who will enjoy Halo 5 and beyond because I know I won't be part of it. I don't want it to be over but I just don't care anymore. It was a fun 15 year run - I'm sad :(

feel in the same position. not even sure going to pickup halo tonight or maybe wait till the holidays.