CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This game is pretty much gonna end next Tuesday. I'll always think of this game as "what could have been"

343 honestly should just make this game free with every copy of H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd say my experience with MCC has been rather grand compared to the majority of the player base. Never had issues with connecting to people (depending on XBL and NAT of course), everything 'worked' right up until the time I started downloading H5. As soon as H5 began to install on my console, my MCC turned into all kinds of busted. Always downloading latest matchmaking data, check my privileges, etc. RIP the dream, MCC knows H5 is going to kill it dead, and it wanted to get some revenge.

The fact that you put worked in quotes is the problem breh... 

Well it obviously had problems outside the game I was playing, ie ranks, matchmaking restrictions.

I just never had the myriad of problems that the general populace had in terms of error messages, connecting to friends, playing customs.

I'd say my experience with MCC has been rather grand compared to the majority of the player base. Never had issues with connecting to people (depending on XBL and NAT of course), everything 'worked' right up until the time I started downloading H5. As soon as H5 began to install on my console, my MCC turned into all kinds of busted. Always downloading latest matchmaking data, check my privileges, etc. RIP the dream, MCC knows H5 is going to kill it dead, and it wanted to get some revenge.

You simply cannot have played from launch.

Just played H2A for the first time on US connection. Never playing H2A again. The connection advantage is unbelievable. My god.

Try playing it in h2c haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did you buy and play mcc? Are you aware of the changes from the games original versions to the mcc versions?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You simply cannot have played from launch.

Played since day one, I've always considered myself lucky because I didn't have as many issues as most people.

Try playing it in h2c haha.

People actually miss in Halo 2 classic though. H2A it's impossible to miss.

I really hope everyone is wrong and CE maintains a decent population. At least after the H5 hype dies down

I don't see why the CE population would drop.. Maybe there'll be less AR warriors.. People didn't move on to H2/H3/Reach/H4 so why move on to H5?

i'm just hoping with h5 dropping that it will filter out the ppl I match on the regular in the h1 playlist that have no idea how to properly play the game but yet somewhere managed to win enough to get over a lvl 5

Just curious, how long would you say it takes to gain a marginal amount of high level understanding of CE? Like spawn knowledge, weapon nades, and whatnot. 200 games? 300?

Really sad this game is pretty much dead on Tuesday for majority of the community. There'll be the die-hards and try-hards but its gonna tank in population within the next two weeks

I dunno man, I'll definitely still hop on occasionally ... I played H1-H4 for a decade, still love those games.  I figure I'll use MCC as a break from H5 (and other games); at least a few games a week.  There's nowhere else that I can play H1 BTB.  MCC isn't perfect but it's definitely playable

• Upvote (+1) 1

RIP MCC

We had at least 2 solid weeks of slightly above average match making together.

Will cherish that period for as long as I live.

• Upvote (+1) 2

RIP MCC

We had at least 2 solid weeks of slightly above average match making together.

Will cherish that period for as long as I live.

I will always despise 343, no matter what they do from now on.  No matter how good Halo 5 turns out to be, MCC was the biggest pile of shit - especially for Australians.  It is disgusting that it took them 11 months to make the game functional for us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just curious, how long would you say it takes to gain a marginal amount of high level understanding of CE? Like spawn knowledge, weapon nades, and whatnot. 200 games? 300?

Depends entirely on how much a person actually pays attention and remembers information. 

If you actually give a shit to learn the numbers, nade launches, and the spawn locations, then it's really all right there for you to take advantage of. 

The real test becomes learning how to approach power items around spawn time, and how to juke your opponents by coming at them from angles they don't expect. That's just general Halo talent at that point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1