CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah like when they finally put CE in Rumble Pit and decided having a good Halo game in there was bad and got rid of it. Still no H2 in there either.

Also I've been playing more of CE on Legendary and I don't know why people actually think H2 is harder. In CE you have shit weapons 80% of the time and the Elites are sicknasty MLGpros with the dirtiest strafes. I got stuck on AOTCR at the part where there are two bridges and the one you aren't on has 2 Hunters. So I decided to just cheat and learn the skip that disables all the enemies. Only took like 20 minutes to get right.

I can say CE is by far the easiest campaign for me... Although most people would agree with you.

In regards to not being able to noob combo the elites that I saw someone mention, I do not find this the case... Especially good for sticking them while they're stunned.

It always blows my mind though how the elites seem to get dumber and less athletic as the series progresses. Like they're just getting fat up there in the cruisers eating newly discovered human foods. The halo 4 elite Strafe is about half the distance as CE. The reach elites were pretty intimidating too... Really makes me mess bungie... I thought they were taking the campaign in a good direction. Also, really wish there was still firefight :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think your perception of which Halo campaign was the hardest depends a little bit on which you played first. I had the hardest time with legendary CE, but that was the first campaign I beat on legendary. By the time I got to Halo 2, I knew most of the tricks and didn't have that much trouble with it (except for Regret).

I dont understand why they never fix the root of the problem but instead throw a bandaid over it and let the player base deal with it.

MCC has a dodging problem. Why does MCC have a dodging problem? Because there are no level or party restrictions in the playlists. Instead of fixing the root of why people were dodging, they instead get rid of dodging all together, which is all well and fine, I never dodged, but it still doesnt fix the real problem, the fact that there are no level or party restrictions. So now when you search alone you still get placed into the same sorts of lobbies that caused people to dodge in the first place and we're back to square one.

I never dodged but I understood why people did it. It was a solution to an error thats 100% on 343. IDK about most of you guys, but I cant just sit around waiting to assemble a To4 everytime I want to play ranked. That is crazy, especially when the three games that had MatchMaking pre 343 understood this and implemented level and party restrictions.

Either they couldn't fix it or didn't want to fix it and either option is unacceptable

Dodging was not a "solution" in any way. It caused more harm than good.

I'm not defending the fact that people who are 20's get matched against 50's. I think thats horseshit.

But, people mostly used dodging to avoid playing anyone who was good. Even 40's-50's used the system to stop themselves from playing potentially competitive games.

While it was true that many used dodging to avoid T04 matchups, the fact is that more people used the glitch to get easy wins. 

People all seem to think that the 1-50 system is a progression system, where everyone eventually should get a 50. The fact is that some people are simply not good enough yet to get that 50. If you get matched against a 50, and lose, theoretically its because you are not as good as a 50. Plain and simple. People who get 50's are those who can assemble a decent team and are of a certain skill level.

IF you do get a team together, and still lose against a team of higher skill, then you do not deserve to rank up. Again, the system is not progression. Its to identify your skill as a team player and individually. If you are "stuck" at a 20, and cannot beat those who are higher rank than you, then you are a 20 skill-wise. As you get better, or find a better team, your rank will eventually increase.

The problem is that the population in MCC does not accommodate party matching or strict level matching. This isn't 2007.

I don't think that the way MCC MM is right now is perfect at all. All I'm saying is that if you want to rank up, you have to get a team together, and be good. Plain and simple. Thats just the way it is.

Neg me all you guys want, but you know that you will be matched against teams of 4 if you search alone. You have to team up in MCC. Its not ideal, but they can't put party matching in at this point because there are NOT enough players playing these days. Its the ugly truth.

Now that dodging is gone, I get matches twice as fast because poor sports aren't constantly dodging anymore. They are forced to play the games they are in, and can't just leave and screw anyone else over. Everyone on here seems to be complaining because they can't dodge t04's, yet are ignorant to the other side of the argument. If I get a t04 together, why should I have to wait 30 mins to get a game just because people are dodging us?

• Upvote (+1) 5

words

I disagree, h3 mlg had a really low population in 2015 and that game has the party restrictions you're talking about but I found games perfectly fine.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I disagree, h3 mlg had a really low population in 2015 and that game has the party restrictions you're talking about but I found games perfectly fine.

Oh, and the connection in those games was totally acceptable, right?...

Every other game was red/yellow bar.

Oh, and the connection in those games was totally acceptable, right?...

Every other game was red/yellow bar.

Majority of the games were fine and this is coming from someone who's from the UK who had to play on American host 80%+ of the games.

The connections are worse overall in mcc than h3 360 by far.

Did you even play h3 360 in 2015 lol?

CE 4v4 playlist is up.

edit, it keeps backing me out of the playlist though. is that just me? smells like 343 over here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

CE 4v4 playlist is up.

sierramadre1vp2.gif

edit, it keeps backing me out of the playlist though. is that just me? smells like 343 over here.

im_shocked.gif

No, it's me too. Really disappointed. Was excited to play it, only to find it broken. 

Infection was also removed.

Yikes.

Did they remove the HCS list? I don't ever recall them mentioning that they were going to remove infection though lol.

Don't think I would've killed the Infection playlist. The lineup does need pruning, but not like that.

Also, I believe you're supposed to be able to play the playlists.

Ah, I see, it's still "launching."

Did they remove the HCS list? I don't ever recall them mentioning that they were going to remove infection though lol.

Yup. Removed shortly after season 2 ended.

Infection was only ever rotational, just like CE 4v4 is so it was removed to take its place.

Yup. Removed shortly after season 2 ended.

Infection was only ever rotational, just like CE 4v4 is so it was removed to take its place.

Did HCS really get removed? It's still on the list for me.

Guess I'm thinking of another playlist. Thought they removed it ages ago.

>got on for the first time since the update

>halo CE 4v4 is broken

>try good ol h2c

>get dodged the first match

WHAT IS THIS GAEM

This kind of issue makes me curious about what's actually involved in adding/removing/updating playlists. I'm getting the sense that it's more of an undertaking than I assumed.

It's annoyed me across all Halo titles that they don't change them more often. Seems like a low effort way to keep the game fresh and refine the gametypes, but it's used so sparsely.