CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

They are the absolute worst. Between the noise that always seems to be coming into their mics, their gamertags, their lack of any useful communication, their rude and vulgar insults when they do decide to speak, their lack of understanding of anything remotely resembling teamwork, to their complete and utter unreliability in game, they are all just walking, talking, diarrhea-people.

I gotta admit when the trash talking gets going in the pre-game lobby it can get pretty interesting especially in execution where the insults go flying in between rounds. :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I get a euro host I almost feel like I'm cheating at this point lol. So used to playing 100-180 ping than whenever I get 30 or so it feels like LAN.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do

• Upvote (+1) 2

This update has improved things quite a bit for me. I actually had a good time last night. Hit rec was much better. I'm thinking they may have finally got the game on dedicated servers. Of course now I'm so gun shy that I feel like I need a month's worth of play to know if it really is better.

Worthless video. Only mentioned a SINGLE fault (slow search times), and didn't mention that MANY problems still exist almost A YEAR after launch! Not to mention that this is MICROSOFT'S FLAGSHIP FRANCHISE!!! People BOUGHT CONSOLES for it in both 2001 AND 2014!!!

Y'all hit that dislike button, then!

Yeah I was disappointed that they hardly mentioned anything only search times. If they knew the full extent of the failure im sure if would have been higher than 7th.

Its simply not good enough (putting it lightly) that a Halo title would ever be on a list of the most broken games.

Why does bumper jumper (the real BJ, not this "universal bump and jump" crap) on mcc require A to do banshee flips? It was LB on 360 :bravo:.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Why does bumper jumper (the real BJ, not this "universal bump and jump" crap) on mcc require A to do banshee flips? It was LB on 360 :bravo:.

The real question here is what they did with the nade switch button.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The real question here is what they did with the nade switch button.

I have no idea, wasn't needed whatsoever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Accidental neg, my bad. I'll plus rep another post. And yes this is really annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Accidental neg, my bad. I'll plus rep another post. And yes this is really annoying.

Np and I just don't understand how it even happens.

@@Bravo @@Sal1ent @@Frankie

You guys need to get party restrictions made. What are the odds of a team of four losing to people searching in twos and alone? The fact that teams of four can match randoms makes your ranking system pointless and meaningless. Especially since players can't dodge now. Why fix the only good glitch without making party restrictions? Players often dodged when they were searching alone and didn't want to play teams. Seriously blows my mind.

im pretty sure the reason behind this is that the playerbase is too small to sort matchmaking with teamsizes in mind

with a larger playerbase surely you can match TO4s against TO4s, but if its as small as in most MCC playlists a team of 4 would probably search for 10-20 minutes until they find another team of 4 that

1) matches their skill

2) has an acceptable connection because of distance

its the same with rank 50s being matched against rank 20s, the population is too small to find acceptable gains for rank 50s which is why they often are matched against much lower players or else they wouldnt find any game at all

the only solution is to put this game into "Games with Gold" to increase the playerbase

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It seems counterintuitive but party restrictions will actually save the population bc people won't just get off when their friends do.

There are tons of people out there that would simply rather not play at all than play solo because it's impossible to win. Honestly who here doesn't feel like that??

• Upvote (+1) 4

It seems counterintuitive but party restrictions will actually save the population bc people won't just get off when their friends do.

There are tons of people out there that would simply rather not play at all than play solo because it's impossible to win. Honestly who here doesn't feel like that??

i think more social playlists would be a better approach for those players, if you play solo in a skillbased playlist you will be matched against parties at some point because higher ranks usually require teamplay

restricting a skillbased playlists to solo will only result in you being totally annoyed by how your teammates play regarding their ranks, them not using mics or whatsoever reasons

im pretty sure the reason behind this is that the playerbase is too small to sort matchmaking with teamsizes in mind

with a larger playerbase surely you can match TO4s against TO4s, but if its as small as in most MCC playlists a team of 4 would probably search for 10-20 minutes until they find another team of 4 that

1) matches their skill

2) has an acceptable connection because of distance

its the same with rank 50s being matched against rank 20s, the population is too small to find acceptable gains for rank 50s which is why they often are matched against much lower players or else they wouldnt find any game at all

the only solution is to put this game into "Games with Gold" to increase the playerbase

Bruh Halo 3 worked just fine all the way through to MCC. And it had party restrictions. It'll only take long to get a game at the higher ranks. And I'm sure 90% of those players at the higher ranks would want fair matches, even if it means a longer search time.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bruh Halo 3 worked just fine all the way through to MCC. And it had party restrictions. It'll only take long to get a game at the higher ranks. And I'm sure 90% of those players at the higher ranks would want fair matches, even if it means a longer search time.  

Playing on my own/as a two is some of the most fun I've had in h3 mlg. Even when we had three/four of us online, we would search as two to2s or four singles and try get in the same game just so we could play together, wouldn't matter if we matched on the same or opposite teams (this was quite late in h3 when it was a struggle to get to4 games or if we had a couple of lesser skilled friends on) and we'd happily wait the five to even sometimes ten minute search times for fair games.

I think 343 underestimate how long people are willing to wait to get a game, just throwing us all into the quickest available game isn't always the best solution, especially in ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 4