CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

No. All AR start Assault gametypes in BTB were removed and will be later re-added with BR starts.

Because taking out all the garbage at once is too mainstream.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Because taking out all the garbage at once is too mainstream.

It's hard to carry it all to the curb at the same time when you have more than two trash bins overflowing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know Bravo said thy changed the weighting of things in the Halo 3 playlist, but in my experience it's even worse. I've gotten 3 games in a row of Isolation BR's, 2 games in a row of Orbital BR's and 3 games in a row of Cold Storage BR's. Besides that my not played maps are Citadel, Assembly, and High Ground. What the heck man where are the good maps?

I know Bravo said thy changed the weighting of things in the Halo 3 playlist, but in my experience it's even worse. I've gotten 3 games in a row of Isolation BR's, 2 games in a row of Orbital BR's and 3 games in a row of Cold Storage BR's. Besides that my not played maps are Citadel, Assembly, and High Ground. What the heck man where are the good maps?

The weightings are all sorts of messed up.

Yesterday in Rumble:

6ec44a0df85e2e7b78de7df78e0176d9.png

Then again my expectations of variety shouldn't be so high.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The weightings are all sorts of messed up.

Yesterday in Rumble:

6ec44a0df85e2e7b78de7df78e0176d9.png

Then again my expectations of variety shouldn't be so high.

Oh God I am sorry you had to go through that. Zenith (any version of it) is probably my most hated map. Damn all the weightings are crazy.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

If you had to pick 1 MCC Player to run for President who would it be?  (Past, Present & Future counts) 

;)   :halo:

For a game that has literally 100 and something maps in it it still feels like any other game with 13 or so. I thought the point of having four games on a disc was to encourage going back through it all, not playing the "fan favorites" (and I use that term sarcastically. I swear to god if I play zenith one more time I'm going to scream) over and over again. It's also funny how you can tell who is in your lobby when H4 is chosen over H2. 

If you had to pick 1 MCC Player to run for President who would it be?  (Past, Present & Future counts) 

;)   :halo:

2gre is close to meeting the age requirement  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You playing with my dude smitty?

I've known Smitty since early 2006, lol. That guy is hilarious. I drove to Athens, GA to LAN with him, D Shots and Campbellz and it was lit. 

I've known Smitty since early 2006, lol. That guy is hilarious. I drove to Athens, GA to LAN with him, D Shots and Campbellz and it was lit.

I used to play Halo with a guy named Smitty in Athens. Is he a tall, skinny goofy guy? In his late 20s now?

And didn't Bravo say they removed all H3 AR start gametypes from BTB? Because Team Crazy King is still AR starts. Fucking lmao

That's typical 343 logic. They removed assault because it's AR-start, but left in AR-start Crazy King, which also has a terrible spawn system. Seriously, how incompetent can they be?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's typical 343 logic. They removed assault because it's AR-start, but left in AR-start Crazy King, which also has a terrible spawn system. Seriously, how incompetent can they be?

look at MCC and Halo 4. Look at the playlists they've had. They seriously don't understand at all.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

look at MCC and Halo 4. Look at the playlists they've had. They seriously don't understand at all.

I don't see why it's so difficult to get it right. Bungie had it right with Halo 2, why not just copy/paste the UI and ranking system from that? It was simple and perfect. When the game locked in, you were playing no matter what and if you quit, then your rank was affected. I remember finding games in ranked BTB Skirmish in under a minute and that was in mid to high 20's. If they want Halo to be huge again, just look at why Halo 2 was so addictive and competitive. It had something for everyone. Ranked head to head, doubles, skirmish, BTB, slayer, hardcore and social playlists for all the noobs and guests.

I don't see why it's so difficult to get it right. Bungie had it right with Halo 2, why not just copy/paste the UI and ranking system from that? It was simple and perfect. When the game locked in, you were playing no matter what and if you quit, then your rank was affected. I remember finding games in ranked BTB Skirmish in under a minute and that was in mid to high 20's. If they want Halo to be huge again, just look at why Halo 2 was so addictive and competitive. It had something for everyone. Ranked head to head, doubles, skirmish, BTB, slayer, hardcore and social playlists for all the noobs and guests.

It's a damn shame. Even the map weighting is terrible. Everything is just wrong.

Besides that my not played maps are Citadel, Assembly, and High Ground. What the heck man where are the good maps?

Ya yer really missing out

Why do all the pro's only play Halo 3. Do they not get BR spread?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I played a game of H3 and H2 back to back just now. Let me start by saying I am a huge Halo 3 fan. I love the game to death. But Halo 2 plays infinitely better on MCC. I don't understand the love for it at all. I love Halo 3 and I can't stand it on this it's just so broken. It's a real mystery.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Because they enjoy playing Halo 3 over Halo 2. Only on these forums is it cool to hate on Halo 3 all the time. Glad the Halo purists got Reach and H4 in return for their H3 hate.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I played a game of H3 and H2 back to back just now. Let me start by saying I am a huge Halo 3 fan. I love the game to death. But Halo 2 plays infinitely better on MCC. I don't understand the love for it at all. I love Halo 3 and I can't stand it on this it's just so broken. It's a real mystery.

False. Halo 2 is a mess on MCC. Spawns are completely screwed up in slayer variants, button glitches are inconsistent and the whole game is dark and unaesthetic.  

• Upvote (+1) 1