CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

t's obvious that you aren't a high level player if you have never used the (Sword + Bubble shield) combo...or even the Missile Pod

lol
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Just look at the popularity of Swordbase in Reach. 

I will never understand, no matter how hard I try.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hate the MCC UI with a passion, I can barely even read the font and colours they use for gamertags! Halo 3 had a great UI, and tbh I don't really remember what it was like for Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate the MCC UI with a passion, I can barely even read the font and colours they use for gamertags! Halo 3 had a great UI, and tbh I don't really remember what it was like for Reach.

Reach took what Halo 3 did and made it 100% better.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Reach was similar to Halo 3 but it had better colors, a really nice Armory, and beautiful concept art in the background that changed with each category (Campaign, Matchmaking, etc). Only downside compared to 3 is you couldn't get to someone's fileshare easily

I hate the MCC UI with a passion, I can barely even read the font and colours they use for gamertags!

I can't stand this, and why is the clan tag sitting on top of the GT instead of being on the left of the GT like every other game that has clan tags? It just makes the GT font smaller and harder to read.

Lol I just played Braaaains on Death Valley (Valhalla) in Infection.

I don't think whoever worked on the playlist realizes the map was designed for Speed Demons (there's literally turrets everywhere) and is literally impossible to do anything on as a zombie unless you have the super speed from that specific gametype.

Figured 343 wouldn't just get it right.

Noticed that also. Only 2 people got infected the whole game I played on Valhalla braaaains.

And on snowbound you can just run out of the boundaries and re spawn when you run out of ammo or if there are too many people chasing you, so it's almost impossible to lose if you know what you're doing.

Last problem I've seen is no medals in H2A 95% of the time. I got my first killionaire + 40 kills spree and neither show up in my medals (little salty lol but that's what game dvr is for). Most of the time medals only show up in like he last minute of a round, but usually they don't show up at all.

Also why does no one vote for H3 in Infection? I probably play it 5-10% of the time. Maybe just my opinion, but braaaains is one of my favorite game types ever (speed demons on Valhalla is also amazing), and Ranked Living Dead in H3 was no doubt one of my favorite playlists everrr. H2A and H4 are incredibly easy and boring regardless whether you're a zombie or human.

Idk I was hoping for that nostalgic experience when I saw Infection coming back, but whatevs. /rant I guess :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Noticed that also. Only 2 people got infected the whole game I played on Valhalla braaaains.

And on snowbound you can just run out of the boundaries and re spawn when you run out of ammo or if there are too many people chasing you, so it's almost impossible to lose if you know what you're doing.

Also why does no one vote for H3 in Infection? I probably play it 5-10% of the time. Maybe just my opinion, but braaaains is one of my favorite game types ever (speed demons on Valhalla is also amazing), and Ranked Living Dead in H3 was no doubt one of my favorite playlists everrr. H2A and H4 are incredibly easy and boring regardless whether you're a zombie or human.

Idk I was hoping for that nostalgic experience when I saw Infection coming back, but whatevs. /rant I guess :)

The kinds of players who run Infection heavy are mostly H2A/H4 13 year olds. The Infection playlist was very popular in Halo 4. Halo 3 Infection was definitely the best in the series but the series has experienced a demographic change from the H2/H3 days to the Reach/H4 days.

Really? Why? Damn fun for SWAT as a casual anyway! But hey I like Multi-team games types like Rocket Race and Headhunter. I think this is one of the reasons I played so much Reach. It had great variety. I know the competitive community hated Reach, but for me it had so much to offer when you were bored with objective game types or even straight slayer. Right now Halo is not fun. MCC is a disaster and everything I've seen so far anyway, says Halo 5 isn't bringing this kind of fun to the table. Hopefully Reach makes the backwards compatibility list sooner rather than later.

Really? Why? Damn fun for SWAT as a casual anyway! But hey I like Multi-team games types like Rocket Race and Headhunter. I think this is one of the reasons I played so much Reach. It had great variety. I know the competitive community hated Reach, but for me it had so much to offer when you were bored with objective game types or even straight slayer. Right now Halo is not fun. MCC is a disaster and everything I've seen so far anyway, says Halo 5 isn't bringing this kind of fun to the table. Hopefully Reach makes the backwards compatibility list sooner rather than later.

November.

I feel like halo reach had as much to offer as halo3, and halo3 had way better mechanics even though worse than halo2s and ces.so I just played halo3 for that type of stuff.

Just realised after that Valhalla/Turret post, that Infection probably is the fastest way to get into red reputation.

Its a pure casual and fun playlist, but just think about how mad people get if you stay in a good camping spot with 15+ kills. And since it is social they can also block you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's simple actually. Sword Base had a sword and shotgun and about half-a-dozen choke points on the map to camp with them. Plus red team had a tremendous advantage. The map didn't win votes in team slayer because it was fun or well-designed, it won because it was cheap, exploitable as shit for people of just about any skill level, and a near-guaranteed win/good stat game if the system randomly dropped you on red team.

That said I didn't hate it for SWAT.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Last problem I've seen is no medals in H2A 95% of the time. I got my first killionaire + 40 kills spree and neither show up in my medals (little salty lol but that's what game dvr is for). Most of the time medals only show up in like he last minute of a round, but usually they don't show up at all.

Ranked Living Dead on h3 was terrible due to the fact if you got on a turret, the other "humans" would stand in front of it so if you shot, you betrayed them and got booted. The grease was real in that playlist.

Reach took what Halo 3 did and made it 100% better.

Except the File Share.

Don't get me wrong, the File Browser was amazing and a much needed improvement, but Halo 3 had the ultimate standalone File Share. The layout was just awesome, being able to browse other people's stuff in pre-game lobbies was too. There was always something to look at.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Except the File Share.

Don't get me wrong, the File Browser was amazing and a much needed improvement, but Halo 3 had the ultimate standalone File Share. The layout was just awesome, being able to browse other people's stuff in pre-game lobbies was too. There was always something to look at.

Specifically talking about UI there

As long as the skill matching is on point, I think you could take Reach's v7 MLG settings, slap an AR secondary in there, and present that as default Halo, and the game would not only survive just fine, but probably have a resurgence.

This is, essentially, in my eyes at least, EXACTLY what Halo 5 looks like and is precisely why I am so damn excited for the game.

I agree about having a auto secondary, especially if it still has a purpose beyond being there for new players.

In Gears, the Lancer has the ability to provide mid range suppressive fire that the Gnasher doesn't. So it is used for that when the situation calls for it.

In Halo, the utility weapon is versatile for mid-long range optimally, and the instant headshot kill ability it possesses is mostly what allows it to be used in cqc, but it is still not what the weapon is for, and is why cqc combat with it is clunky despite being very skillful.

In Halo, that is what the AR is for. A mid-close range weapon that handles cqc fights easier than the utility weapon. It lacks the sheer power of cqc power weapons like the Shotgun and Sword, but has a lot more range making it more versatile.

Proper burst-fire that is much more viable than going full auto allows automatic weapons to contest and descope utility weapons, and provide the best counter to cqc power weapons if balanced right.

Perhaps you could classify autos as 'utility cqc weapons'.

They make the starting player more well-rounded, and add meaningful choices to combat, as well as providing counters to cqc power weapons that can break utility weapon only starts, plus are great for easing in new players.

Wether it is used for cqc via double-melee like in CE, shoot-beatdown in H3, gunning people down in H4, or a combination of the above in H5, I believe that autos have a place in Halo alongside the utility weapon off spawn in ALL matches.

I believe that Halo plays at its best with that assuming proper balance.

Which is why can't wait for Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is, essentially, in my eyes at least, EXACTLY what Halo 5 looks like and is precisely why I am so damn excited for the game.

I agree about having a auto secondary, especially if it still has a purpose beyond being there for new players.

In Gears, the Lancer has the ability to provide mid range suppressive fire that the Gnasher doesn't. So it is used for that when the situation calls for it.

In Halo, the utility weapon is versatile for mid-long range optimally, and the instant headshot kill ability it possesses is mostly what allows it to be used in cqc, but it is still not what the weapon is for, and is why cqc combat with it is clunky despite being very skillful.

In Halo, that is what the AR is for. A mid-close range weapon that handles cqc fights easier than the utility weapon. It lacks the sheer power of cqc power weapons like the Shotgun and Sword, but has a lot more range making it more versatile.

Proper burst-fire that is much more viable than going full auto allows automatic weapons to contest and descope utility weapons, and provide the best counter to cqc power weapons if balanced right.

Perhaps you could classify autos as 'utility cqc weapons'.

They make the starting player more well-rounded, and add meaningful choices to combat, as well as providing counters to cqc power weapons that can break utility weapon only starts, plus are great for easing in new players.

Wether it is used for cqc via double-melee like in CE, shoot-beatdown in H3, gunning people down in H4, or a combination of the above in H5, I believe that autos have a place in Halo alongside the utility weapon off spawn in ALL matches.

I believe that Halo plays at its best with that assuming proper balance.

Which is why can't wait for Halo 5.

I disagree. Especially considering the maps are littered with other auto weapons(SMG, storm rifle, suppressor) that have insanely low kill times.

File Share is part of the UI, but I'll go along with it.

I was talking specifically about looks, not functionality. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was talking specifically about looks, not functionality.

the reach ui for files and file sharing is garbo. theater too.

Can't find nothing.

reach's ui for matchmaking was better than halo3's but it was almost perfect in h3( well when the 360dash was snappy as fuck that is)

• Upvote (+1) 1