CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Um, what?

How does a ranking system make the gameplay fun for them in a game featuring 8 bad players?

• Downvote (-1) 7

How does a ranking system make the gameplay fun for them in a game featuring 8 bad players?

I guess I'm not done responding to you... ugh.

Because then no one is getting stomped on, regardless of starting weapons. Everyone in the game has an equally good chance of doing well, even if the gun is difficult for them to use.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why do i not notice the ce pistol's projectile? its basically hitscan.. Was I lied to? D:

I guess I'm not done responding to you... ugh.

Because then no one is getting stomped on, regardless of starting weapons. Everyone in the game has an equally good chance of doing well, even if the gun is difficult for them to use.

Ok?

You do realise it is possible to not have fun in a game and for it to have nothing to do with losing or doing poorly individually right?

I can play COD and go +40 every game and still not have fun. I can play close, nail bitter games in COD. And still not have much fun. I can play SWAT in Halo and have close, nail bitter games or go +40 and still not have much fun.

If they don't like the settings it doesn't really matter if the ranking system is working. The ranking system can work perfectly and they can still find the lack of weapon variety boring, or the lack of radar aggravating, etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok?

You do realise it is possible to not have fun in a game and for it to have nothing to do with losing or doing poorly individually right?

I can play COD and go +40 every game and still not have fun. I can play close, nail bitter games in COD. And still not have much fun. I can play SWAT in Halo and have close, nail bitter games or go +40 and still not have much fun.

If they don't like the settings it doesn't really matter if the ranking system is working. The ranking system can work perfectly and they can still find the lack of weapon variety boring, or the lack of radar aggravating, etc

So doing well isn't fun... playing super close matches and trying for the win isn't fun... but radar is? Starting with a worthless weapon is?

Coop, I can't follow you man. I know it's "subjective" and "opinion" and "irrelevant" but you gotta tell us what you actually find fun in Halo or we can't even tell what point your trying to get to.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So doing well isn't fun... playing super close matches and trying for the win isn't fun... but radar is? Starting with a worthless weapon is?

Coop, I can't follow you man. I know it's "subjective" and "opinion" and "irrelevant" but you gotta tell us what you actually find fun in Halo or we can't even tell what point your trying to get to.

He's getting at that what we think is fun is not fun for the casual audience on the whole. I can't speak for all of them, but personally, I don't find Halo 4 fun, even when I dominate. However, other people do. A ranking system doesn't make games inherently fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For some people, playing with radar and having AR starts is more fun. I'm literally baffled that it is taking you this long to be able to understand the fact that different people have different opinions and that your preferences are not objectively better for all people.

What I enjoy has literally nothing to do with this discussion. This discussion is about whether MLG/hardcore settings are "the best settings" for everyone. Since you are so dead set on my preferences though; no, I have never thought MLG/Hardcore settings were the most fun(other than Reach ZBNS).

Gee, thanks.

I did tell you...

I've always preferred default over MLG/hardcore. With the exception of ZBNS in Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is Super Slayer not a good example?  Its like the perfect example!  The playlists were incredibly similar.  I think the only differences were the TU changes (85% bloom), a few different forge maps, and no armor lock.  If those playlists traded places but the names stayed the same, the populations wouldn't fucking budge.  I'd bet a thousand dollars.

They were even more similar than that. You're thinking of Squad Slayer, which Super Slayer replaced, which was 5v5, had the TU, was 75 kills to win. and lacked Armor Lock, Sword Base, and Uncaged. Super Slayer was identical to Team Slayer in every way besides having the TU without bleedthrough and a stupid name

I agree with you. Most people probably wouldn't have really noticed most of the changes.

EDIT: Super Slayer eventually had Zero Bloom Slayer (with full loadouts) consolidated into it. I forgot about that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

havent checked in in a while. is mcc getting fixed or no? content update? anything?

"More details regarding the patch when it is closer to release. In the meantime enjoy these H5 podcasts"
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So doing well isn't fun... 

WHAT??? You really don't get that concept? Dominion wasn't fun even though I could stomp on the other team once I had control of a base. It was BORING. Why on earth would you be involved in an adult conversation and not understand this simple concept? The fact that you were posting here made me assume you were better than that.

I'm blown away that I wasted any time discussing this with you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey I liked Dominion...

Playing the H4 playlist I figured out what there is so far available in the playlist for Dominion Light.

Forge Island

Inheritor

Onyx

The Ark

Impact

Honeycomb

Station 9

Ravine

Plazza

Settler

Shoutout

I'm sure there are way more maps to but even then Dominion Light doesn't pop up, hopefully in the future Halo 4 has the 1st option as OBJ on regular maps, 2nd option as OBJ on Forge maps & remove Team Slayer from 2nd slot.  And then just keep the 3rd slot as Legendary Slayer BRs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing the H4 playlist I figured out what there is so far available in the playlist for Dominion Light.

Forge Island

Inheritor

Onyx

The Ark

Impact

Honeycomb

Station 9

Ravine

Plazza

Settler

Shoutout

I'm sure there are way more maps to but even then Dominion Light doesn't pop up, hopefully in the future Halo 4 has the 1st option as OBJ on regular maps, 2nd option as OBJ on Forge maps & remove Team Slayer from 2nd slot.  And then just keep the 3rd slot as Legendary Slayer BRs. 

I played Honeycomb for the first time last night.  It really grew on me over the course of the game.  The lifts are really clunky though.

• Upvote (+1) 1