CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Pretty sure when Bungie vs. World dropped, the concurrent population was well over 300k.

I'm trying to find a picture of someone searching in that playlist to prove it. I just remember looking at the numbers throughout the day and it got crazy. Shame the playlist was ruined by that stupid Foundry map that kept popping up... Colonnade or whatever.

And I'm sure someone will be tempted to say it doesn't count because of Recon, but to me, it shows the amount of people who were still invested into the game. The fact that people had found how to cheese the ranking system as bad as it was hurt Halo 3 a lot on the long run. It's impressive to see the amount of people who were still interested in the game and wanted just a special set of armor almost two years after the game came out. That day was still super thrilling to me, easily had some of the most competitive matches I had in a social playlist (somehow matched a good amount of pros and online legends) and also some of the most fun I've had grinding out a 24 hour session.

Yes that was a fun day. I matched triggers down like 8 times.

But, thats my point. On an extra special day it hit 300k. It wasn't like that every day.

Halo 3 had 300k concurrent for 3 years. In it's third year it started to fall into 250k range i think though. But yeah.

No

• Upvote (+1) 1

What?

You said the MLG playlist was averaging 3-5k when there was 100k total online? I asked what year?

Did I miss something here?

It's the most fun playlist. The only thing keeping people from thinking it's fun is the name. Calling it hard core or MLG makes it seem intimidating and then it becomes stressful to play for less skilled players.

But given a proper ranking system and skill based matchmaking that actually works - and that playlist can be the most fun because it has the best possible game settings for an exciting match.

Are people here really this delusional?

• Downvote (-1) 1

You said the MLG playlist was averaging 3-5k when there was 100k total online? I asked what year?

Did I miss something here?

08- 09

Are people here really this delusional?

What part do you find delusional? The part where people enjoy themselves more when a game is fair and not full of gimmicks and random elements?

What, pray tell, do you think is the most fun playlist then?

Did all the streamers go on strike? Where is everyone? PAX?

No one wants to play with all the issues :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one wants to play with all the issues :/

My drive to play any Halo or video games in that matter has dropped since MCC's release. Thank its the same way with alot of players

• Upvote (+1) 1

The blog post about nothing is coming out today right?

"More details regarding the patch when it it's closer to release " right?

Listen to these dumb podcasts and enjoy these Screenshots of H5 right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The blog post about nothing is coming out today right?

"More details regarding the patch when it it's closer to release " right?

Listen to these dumb podcasts and enjoy these Screenshots of H5 right?

It's already out.

"Avoid Me" reputation and the last CU really ruined MCC for me. Since the last CU, every time somebody quits before the end of the voting process, you either have to wait for more people or restart the search. This happens ALL the time in BTB, which is what I play, and it's more rage inducing than anything that happens in the actual games. Seriously, what are they thinking...or are they? Why would they make the already agonizing search times even longer? 

Also, they're finally removing AR-start Assault Halo 3 game types in Big Team, yet leaving AR-start Crazy King Halo 3 game types in Big Team. Ghost Town, a small map, is still in BTB, and Sandbox, a BTB map, is still not in BTB. God I hate 343.

What part do you find delusional? The part where people enjoy themselves more when a game is fair and not full of gimmicks and random elements?

Fun is subjective. Whatever I find the most fun is just my own opinion. It doesn't make it "the most fun playlist".

MLG/Hardcore would never and will never be the most populated list in a halo game. It is inherently less user friendly than default is. It has no radar and it is heavily reliant on precision weapons.

I got on to check out the new infection playlist and my reputation is suddenly red and says "avoid me."  I can no longer play.  Could anyone give some insight into this?  The last time I got on Xbox Live I had a green player reputation.  Is this a glitch or something?

I got on to check out the new infection playlist and my reputation is suddenly red and says "avoid me."  I can no longer play.  Could anyone give some insight into this?  The last time I got on Xbox Live I had a green player reputation.  Is this a glitch or something?

Probably some salty kids, I have hit red rep before but I was green and didn't play on my account for three days an I'm red rep as well.  I'm assuming someone has 20+ accounts reporting people that win a lot. 

Fun is subjective. Whatever I find the most fun is just my own opinion. It doesn't make it "the most fun playlist".

MLG/Hardcore would never and will never be the most populated list in a halo game. It is inherently less user friendly than default is. It has no radar and it is heavily reliant on precision weapons.

Way to make zero attempt to answer either question I asked. That's a super cool debating strategy. You can't be wrong if you don't say anything!

And how is no radar not user friendly? Radar isn't an advantage, sure it helps a player know where his opponent is but it also gives up his position.

But the biggest problems with radar are that it leads to less fun gameplay by encouraging lame ass crouch walking and acts as a crutch preventing players from learning about positioning and awareness.

Radar makes Halo play like a watered down version of itself. Take it out from default and the game doesn't become less fun or more unaccessible to new players.

And what makes precision weapons not user friendly?

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's the most fun playlist. The only thing keeping people from thinking it's fun is the name. Calling it hard core or MLG makes it seem intimidating and then it becomes stressful to play for less skilled players.

But given a proper ranking system and skill based matchmaking that actually works - and that playlist can be the most fun because it has the best possible game settings for an exciting match.

Obviously I disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's hard to understand how anyone can think Team Slayer is fun on Reach. To me, that playlist is a nightmare and one of the worst Halo playlists of all time. It's pre-title update. That means over-powered armor lock, overpowered invis, 100% bloom, and on top of that, it's AR start. At least in Big Team, every game is DMR start and title updated.

Fun is subjective.

It's statements like this that make me wonder why you come here.

I agree with what I learn about game play for the most part. I don't agree with statements that I have seen contradicted far more often than supported.

Read your post. Cause and affect are unrealistic.

And changing its name doesn't magically make it fun.

And making it default doesn't make it fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Way to make zero attempt to answer either question I asked. That's a super cool debating strategy. You can't be wrong if you don't say anything!

He brought the conversation back to the topic. Your questions didn't stay on topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1