CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Played this game for 7+ years and never knew that, crazy 

You can do it on pretty much any map that has soft kill boundaries which register as "killed by the guardians".

You just need to touch someone else and then go there and wait. A lot of maps have very obscure spots, but Narrows is a common one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can do it on pretty much any map that has soft kill boundaries which register as "killed by the guardians".

You just need to touch someone else and then go there and wait. A lot of maps have very obscure spots, but Narrows is a common one.

Never knew that, thanks

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh man... I didn't know that either. I know what I'm going to do to troll next time I'm dicking around.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope, him and Naded dodge. They did it on stream multiple times. Especially Naded.

Guess it says something when one of the top H2 players is wanting to play H3 more. h3 4 lyfe

;)

Never knew that, thanks

Oh man... I didn't know that either. I know what I'm going to do to troll next time I'm dicking around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a great way to forcibly remove boat anchors from your team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love getting booted out of games right before they start and de-ranking because of it. 

So was this always possible in Halo?

That glitch was always there and you can do it on several maps. Snowbound, Standoff, and Black Out. 

Whenever you had an AFK or someone deranking on your team that's how you got rid of them.

Narrows is the easiest one to do, as you have to die from the "guardians" before you get shot by the enemy team. 

it has nothing to do with elitism...it's common sense....if one doesnt understand how something works then their input on it should be taken with a grain of salt..

How it works?

How it works?

I'll tell you how it works.

You make a product that you like to play, like cod, slap the title halo on the box so you can keep your job for at least another six months, then cater to the largest segments of the population first. This means an infection playlist well before you even dream of hard core.

Elitism is you thinking you know what is best for halo so much you can't see the business motivation necessary for your own product.

How it works?

How it works?

I'll tell you how it works.

You make a product that you like to play, like cod, slap the title halo on the box so you can keep your job for at least another six months, then cater to the largest segments of the population first. This means an infection playlist well before you even dream of hard core.

Elitism is you thinking you know what is best for halo so much you can't see the business motivation necessary for your own product.

Demik's post was in reference to Naded saying H1 is only about spawnkilling, and how his uninformed opinion shouldn't carry much weight.  You're referencing a playlist suggestion made by Cursed Lemon, in which he suggested 3 different "Hardcore" playlists (in which the only change from what we have now would be separating H2 from H3).  Your confrontational tone is misplaced.  Demik is right.  Someone that doesn't know dick about something shouldn't spout off about it like they do, because they end up looking dumb.  Their opinion shouldn't carry any significant weight.

As for Hardcore receiving priority over other playlists, in theory you are correct.  We are a minority and we shouldn't be the top priority.  However, Hardcore players by nature have very specific preferences.  Theres no point in lumping them in with each other when one group is just going to back out any time they don't get what they want.  You might as well just give them their own playlists and allow the smaller populations.  Those smaller populations will be happier, and in turn maybe those populations might not stay so small if their playlists can actually provide what players are looking for consistently.  And we're talking about playlist management.  There's no reason 343 couldn't cater to everyone, all at once.  There's no rule that says they can only add one playlist at a time.  They should have added Infection and separate H2/3 playlists a long time ago.  One doesn't need to be placed as a higher priority than the other.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guess it says something when one of the top H2 players is wanting to play H3 more. h3 4 lyfe

;)

I just think dodging in all forms is dumb. Honestly, if you intentionally dodge you should not be allowed to play for a certain amount of time. It's unfair to those of us who are just looking to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just think dodging in all forms is dumb. Honestly, if you intentionally dodge you should not be allowed to play for a certain amount of time. It's unfair to those of us who are just looking to play.

Until 343 fixes these god awful playlists dodging is pretty much a necessity. I'm not gonna keep playing AR starts because some To4 is controlling the game I have to play. Sorry.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really want to play Halo MCC, but the playlist setups are just continuously terrible.

Rumble being 8 player FFA is a cluster fuck. That is too way too many people on 99% of the maps played and it only encourages excessive kill stealing.

I understand that an opportunistic kill steal/clean up/pick off is going to happen every now and then, and it can kinda help one learn to look for weak opponents in team games, but when it feels like teamshoot is so OP that it is a must even in a NO TEAMS gametype, it just ruins FFA for me. There needs to be some emphasis on 1v1 battles (the most fun thing to me in Halo, especially in FFA). The only good way to do this is to reduce the player count to 6.

There was a reason H3 6-man Lone Wolves was ranked and H3 8-man Rumble Pit was social.

Rumble Pit also doesn't have H1 and H2C either, and I grew up playing FFA LANs at parties in those games. So that saddens me again.

Another thing that bothers me is how, as an H4 kid(the Halo I mostly started playing Halo online with), the H4 playlist is 5v5! Again, it wasn't like that on 360 and like Rumble Pit the H4 playlist is a cluster fuck with too many people on 99% of the maps. Again making teamshoot even more OP when there is no such thing as an individual battle. Even H4 is not 'exactly as I remember it'.

Constantly getting shot in the ass every time I try to move somewhere is FUCKING aggrevating.

I'm not an idiot who is just going to run out into getting shot, but I have no patience for sitting in the exact same position an entire game just to NOT get shot in the ass.

Not to mention automatic-only starts ruin almost every playlist in this game. Don't get me wrong, I actually like spawning with and using an auto when the situation calls for it, BUT ONLY with a utility weapon to spawn along side with it. Burst-firing autos only extends the range so far on autos, especially in the early Halos.

The only playlist that is actually set up right is HCE, but none of my friends care for it and as cool as some TeamBeyond people are @@Hard Way @@Batchford and @@Jawshe I just don't know or get to hang with you guys plus it ain't the same as playing with old friends.

(Sigh)

Fucking MCC...

/end rant.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Until 343 fixes these god awful playlists dodging is pretty much a necessity. I'm not gonna keep playing AR starts because some To4 is controlling the game I have to play. Sorry.

That's your right but there still should be a punishment in place for intentionally hurting the experience of other players. You're not going to get what you want every single time no matter what playlist you're in. If everyone dodged, there wouldn't be any games played. It's completely unfair. There are playlists without AR starts. Team Hardcore has Halo 2 and 3. HCS has H2A. H:CE has AR starts but the pistol is your secondary and that is the competitive weapon. SWAT doesn't have AR starts. That's every single game in MCC with a playlist that has no AR starts (or in H:CE's case, has the competitive weapon) that I just named. It's stupid that dodging is even an option.

Oh well, at least I can block players who dodge and never have to deal with them again.

Oh wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's your right but there still should be a punishment in place for intentionally hurting the experience of other players. You're not going to get what you want every single time no matter what playlist you're in. If everyone dodged, there wouldn't be any games played. It's completely unfair. There are playlists without AR starts. Team Hardcore has Halo 2 and 3. HCS has H2A. H:CE has AR starts but the pistol is your secondary and that is the competitive weapon. SWAT doesn't have AR starts. That's every single game in MCC with a playlist that has no AR starts (or in H:CE's case, has the competitive weapon) that I just named. It's stupid that dodging is even an option.

Oh well, at least I can block players who dodge and never have to deal with them again.

Oh wait.

The only penalty that will stop people is a time out for that specific xbox. Any other penalty will be meaningless because a lot of people don't care about their rank they just want to stomp people. And if they don't dodge they'll just quit anyway. If thy just fixed the playlists there would be a lot less dodging. That's the main problem. I only dodge when the worst of the worst things are voted.

Now that one gold account gives you unlimited profiles there is no actual way to penalize people. They'll just make a new account.

Oh wait.

As long as there are no party restrictions in this game, "dodging" is a necessary evil.

It's a great way to forcibly remove boat anchors from your team.

Was also a way to out derank a deranker on the other team if you were deranking.

I dont think the word derank was in that sentence enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Obviously fixing the playlists is the ideal option, but people will always have preferences and be overly picky.  I remember people crying when The Pit would get vetoed in MLG in H3, and every gametype in that playlist is good.  So there needs to be an additional incentive to stay besides well organized playlists.  There needs to be a playlist XP system like Halo 3's.  

And if I had my way, the ranked playlists wouldn't allow parties.  You should have to use game chat.  That way people would always be able to hear their teammates if they had mics, and using the leave multiplayer exploit wouldn't be possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And if I had my way, the ranked playlists wouldn't allow parties.  You should have to use game chat.  That way people would always be able to hear their teammates if they had mics, and using the leave multiplayer exploit wouldn't be possible.

Yeah game chat only would be good if game chat actually worked consistently
  • Upvote (+1) 1