CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't agree with this logic at all.

Hits register on time, there is no real delay in firing and the shot registering on their shields.

There are far fewer people warping around, resulting in way fewer people lagging out.

Fewer (if not zero) bloodshots, times when your screen tells you that you hit a snipe, but the host disagrees.

No shot lead to hide behind, you know when you are being cheated. Same sorta goes for bullet spread. Halo 3's mechanics mask bad netcode (and amplify it) whilst Halo 4's doesn't. I think the amount of 4 shots HURTS the argument that Halo 4's netcode is bad, because in H4 it's so clear when you should be getting a 4 shot that it would stick out in your mind like a sore thumb if you didn't. I don't have those moments in Halo 4, but I do in Halo 3. Maybe my internet hides some problems with Halo 4 netcode, but I just don't believe that to be the case.

As for Reach vs H4 netcode, they both are pretty damn good, I don't know if I could choose one to be better. I think bloom in Reach hurt most people's opinion of netcode unfairly, so maybe Reach is actually better, idk.

Reach is easily better, coming from an Englishmans POV playing against North Americas in the last few months is fine for 4 v 4, for Halo 4 it can be a struggle on multiple occasions. MM BTB H4 compared to Reach really shows the difference between the two. I dont think H4 is bad, id say its well above average, but Reach was excellent.

Hell, playing Reach in South Korea on NA hosts was acceptable too.

Reach is easily better, coming from an Englishmans POV playing against North Americas in the last few months is fine for 4 v 4, for Halo 4 it can be a struggle on multiple occasions. MM BTB H4 compared to Reach really shows the difference between the two. I dont think H4 is bad, id say its well above average, but Reach was excellent.

Hell, playing Reach in South Korea on NA hosts was acceptable too.

That's a pretty interesting viewpoint. Good to see Reach holds up well internationally.

That's a pretty interesting viewpoint. Good to see Reach holds up well internationally.

H4 didnt help with its lack of options for connection. Not having a local connection option was silly.

Halo 4: Black screens, black screens everywhere.

Due to host changes because people quit all the time. Not due to connection or netcode or anything.

I really hope in the next Halo games you can select a 'same country' search, I've played in games where everyone is from the EU on H3 and the connection is still poor. Once me and some friends done an 8v8 all of us being the the UK it was literally the best connection I've played on in my life on H3.

I didn't play amazing, but I saved it in theater, just for the fact that the connection was so good.

I wonder if Halo 3 and 4 will use higher quality models and textures, or if they're just getting the rez/fr boost.  not like new models or anything, but just the full quality models they already had but downgraded to actually get it to run on 360.  Like the ones in this vid http://youtu.be/T6UAbizhsRo?t=50s

realtime visor reflections an shit

Any visual boosts would be kewl. I think they said there was going to add certain lighting effects, but idk if those are going to matter much.

Any visual boosts would be kewl. I think they said there was going to add certain lighting effects, but idk if those are going to matter much.

well lighting is one of the most important parts of game visuals.  hover over the images on this page to see them with or without lighting: http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/resume/lighting.htm#

who knows if the new things they're adding will be particularly dramatic changes from what's already there, of course.

is this gonna be 1080p NATIVE or upscaled?

native.  if devs don't mean native they don't mention it, these days.  otherwise every dev would say their game was 1080, lol.

Is anybody at all interested in Destiny from a multiplayer standpoint?

it doesn't look TERRIBLE imo.  it's got more verticality than CoD and in place of power weapons it has heavy/special ammo spawns, which essentially fill similar roles of wanting to get there first.

The Supers though... I dunno, I guess they're kinda like Titans from titanfall, except you only use them to do a super damaging attack.  which is maybe a little less powerful than a Titan when you put it that way, but I'm still not sure how competitive folks will feel about them.

I probably won't get it, as I don't want to end up playing it forever, since it's essentially an MMO with better mechanics.

From an MP standpoint I don't care about it at all. SP though im pretty excited

Looks like BL2 but more focus on gaining abilities and skills.

native.  if devs don't mean native they don't mention it, these days.  otherwise every dev would say their game was 1080, lol.

pretty interesting to see if the xboxone handles anything 1080p native at 60fps native.

pretty interesting to see if the xboxone handles anything 1080p native at 60fps native.

Forza 5 is awesome.

And I just am not struck by Destiny at all. My roommate seems to like it, but it's just not my thing. I'm not gonna buy it. Gonna catch up on PC games before MCC drops.

Forza 5 is awesome.

Hardly. It's just a racing game.

That, yes, even though it's truly running on 1080p and 60fps native, has medium quality graphics at best.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hardly. It's just a racing game.

That, yes, even though it's truly running on 1080p and 60fps native, has medium quality graphics at best.

what brought up this discussion? Xbox and Xbox 360 games being able to run at 1080p 60fps? I give you an Xbox one game that does that, and you say it only has medium graphics.

Soooooooo...

• Upvote (+1) 1

what brought up this discussion? Xbox and Xbox 360 games being able to run at 1080p 60fps? I give you an Xbox one game that does that, and you say it only has medium graphics.

Soooooooo...

you said nothing about Forza 5 specs

you just said Forza 5 is awesome

and I said hardly 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Forza is pretty good looking, flat crowd people aside.  it was also a launch game.  give em some slack.

We know that games can run on xb1 at native 1080p 60fps.  if the question you're actually asking is "can multiplatform games for xb1 consistently outclass the same game on ps4 in every visual regard" then obviously no because it's not as powerful a machine, though that doesn't mean that will NEVER happen.  Could be due to peculiar ps4 difficulties or xb1 breakthroughs that happen during dev.

If you care about raw IQ and nothing else, then ps4 is obviously the choice for you.  if games are more of what would sway you, I don't think it's as easy a decision.  Xb1 has quite a bit of variety, and personally its big exclusive releases appeal to me much more than PS4's.  but I'm sure many feel opposite, of course.

And if you don't care about exclusives but don't mind if a game is slightly less technically impressive as long as it has a good art style, then I don't think there's any one of those two consoles that's better than the other for you.  I'd argue the Wii U has more games with impressive art styles at this point.

Point stands.

f u

Forza is pretty good looking, flat crowd people aside.

gg

t was also a launch game.  give em some slack.

hardly an excuse, it was 2013 son

We know that games can run on xb1 at native 1080p 60fps.  if the question you're actually asking is "can multiplatform games for xb1 consistently outclass the same game on ps4 in every visual regard" then obviously no because it's not as powerful a machine, though that doesn't mean that will NEVER happen.  Could be due to peculiar ps4 difficulties or xb1 breakthroughs that happen during dev.

If you care about raw IQ and nothing else, then ps4 is obviously the choice for you.  if games are more of what would sway you, I don't think it's as easy a decision.  Xb1 has quite a bit of variety, and personally its big exclusive releases appeal to me much more than PS4's.  but I'm sure many feel opposite, of course.

....maaan fuck all that console BS. PS4 is equally pathetic. Maybe if these consoles costed around $100, with free online, they'd be cool but their current prices make them a joke.

~PC Master Race

And if you don't care about exclusives but don't mind if a game is slightly less technically impressive as long as it has a good art style, then I don't think there's any one of those two consoles that's better than the other for you.  I'd argue the Wii U has more games with impressive art styles at this point.

Wii U is legit actually. I like that it doesn't try hard to compete with a PC like its console competition does. 

But currently the Wii U is lacking its GOAT games. the new SSB, new Zelda (looks ugly, should stick to OOT or TP artstyle but upgraded) and Metroid Prime. Also, where is my Mario Strikers, that shit on the Wii was so clean.

Anyhoo, back on topic:

hopefully it's locked at 60fps and doesn't have FPS drops... . .

• Downvote (-1) 13

....maaan fuck all that console BS. PS4 is equally pathetic. Maybe if these consoles costed around $100, with free online, they'd be cool but their current prices make them a joke.

~PC Master Race

Spec check!

• Upvote (+1) 2

All I see on this page is some pc *** that cares more about graphics than anything else.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2