CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I imagine most peoples reaction would be

YRZLkFC.gif

Yeah, ASTRO are a bunch of randoms man :/

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Naded just said Halo CE is all about spawn killing on his stream. Cue the hate.

lemme guess....he was getting raped? His opinion on CE means nothing...because he doesn't know how to play it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They'll probably only promote tourneys if they're played on H2A or the 4, but it's still pretty cool to see.

That's pretty damn cool of 343 to do that. Are the Ogre's definitely entering? What about Roybox?

Me and my mate are tempted to enter... but I'm absolutely crap  :bravo:

And he's worse :wutface:

I really wish they would rank team snipers already. Bravo just ignores me when I request it :( everyone spam it

Well Gears of War matchmaking works without a hitch.

Y MCC. Y.

It's my understanding that Gears of War has true, honest-to-god, offline LAN functionality. Do you have any means of testing or confirming that? Supposedly both Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Gears of War 4 are supposed to support it.

It's my understanding that Gears of War has true, honest-to-god, offline LAN functionality. Do you have any means of testing or confirming that? Supposedly both Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Gears of War 4 are supposed to support it.

If true then not even surprising. If Halo players want it then its guaranteed to be implemented by another developer. I actually want to see some gears tournaments. 

If true then not even surprising. If Halo players want it then its guaranteed to be implemented by another developer. I actually want to see some gears tournaments. 

I haven't yet played Gears of War Ultimate Edition, and obviously Gears 4 isn't out yet. But, I've been following some of the LAN info. Here's what I found the other day.

Gears of War Ultimate edition

http://www.windowscentral.com/gears-ultimate-edition-preview

More welcome additions include dedicated servers, LAN support, and Spectator mode. The latter two are geared towards tournament play. You won't hear about any Gears Ultimate tournaments getting cancelled over server issues!

Gears of War 4

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-4-could-have-lan-support/1100-6428240/

"Competitive players want to be able to go to a hotel ballroom and have an event, and LAN support is an important part of that, so we just pushed on it and we got that exception."

They've said it but I've still seen nobody confirming it. I don't have a second Xbox One laying around, or a second copy of the game otherwise I'd test it. I can say there's a local network play option in the Versus menu, though.

hi Eamon :) eve films throwback

I know the problem, I just hate it. I sit through every h3 game, but no one can pay the same respect to sit through h2 IF it gets voted that is :/ ppl ruin gaming

Thought your name was familiar haha.

They just really need to separate the playlists, even if it means two low population playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a menu option called "Local Network". Am yet to try it though, it DID allow me at open it up when I was disconnected to Xbox Live though, so that's a good step.

I played a game of Team Hardcore and had one guy in the lobby besides me with a mic. Didn't know who it was because we didn't have eight people yet. All I heard was him talking about how he would dodge because he didn't want to play Halo 2 and it was a waste of his time. I'm thinking to myself, "why would anyone do that? how can you expect to go pro in anything if you just keep quitting out because you don't get what you want."

Then I notice who the guy is that's talking because we got eight people. It was Goofy. So even ex-pro's dodge. :wutface:

Oh we promptly got slaughtered.

His opinion on CE means nothing...because he doesn't know how to play it.

I want to agree with you but I really dislike this kind of elitism. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I played a game of Team Hardcore and had one guy in the lobby besides me with a mic. Didn't know who it was because we didn't have eight people yet. All I heard was him talking about how he would dodge because he didn't want to play Halo 2 and it was a waste of his time. I'm thinking to myself, "why would anyone do that? how can you expect to go pro in anything if you just keep quitting out because you don't get what you want."

Then I notice who the guy is that's talking because we got eight people. It was Goofy. So even ex-pro's dodge. :wutface:

Oh we promptly got slaughtered.

I played him yesterday, his blainers were ridiculous. It's hard to imagine he'd say that though, maybe he's talking about how when the opposing team quits it counts as a loss for everyone in Halo 2.

I was always curious to see what peoples' favorite halo to spectate is? I've always enjoyed watching NBNS/ h2/ h3. 

I absolutely love to play h1, but for some reason its never been my favorite to watch... 

H4, welp is h4

You guys ever felt like H2A lacked a map or two? Worry not, for the Forger behind this map understands you perfectly and has you covered! Relive your best memories in H2A, starting today!

86ddf42f9fb2bea6c8bcb0a86aa23bf8.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

I was always curious to see what peoples' favorite halo to spectate is? I've always enjoyed watching NBNS/ h2/ h3. 

I absolutely love to play h1, but for some reason its never been my favorite to watch... 

H4, welp is h4

I'd say H2 was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of entertainment.

I'd say H2 was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of entertainment.

I feel like I'd appreciate watching H2 more if:

- Death cams didn't suck

- Warlock wasn't so dark

- All existing competitive footage wasn't in 480p or less

- Melee registration wasn't so shit

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was watching Snipedown's stream yesterday, and it's astounding how bad the H3 pros are at H2. They played a Beaver Creek game against a to4 H2 guys, and they only got 1 OS and made no real attempt to hold Red. Nearly got steak'd. So of course afterwards everyone's like "I'm done fuck Halo 2". It's just sad how unwilling to learn everyone is.

He's still a beast at h2 though, but who was he playing with? I think many people would consider APG a "Halo 3 kid" or w/e but don't realize he's competed a bunch during h2 FFA's and placed pretty well that way. A decent number of later players were very capable Halo 2 FFA players. Regardless of that I stand by your point about how sad it is that everyone is unwilling to learn something new or difficult. I had talked to Snipedown about trying Monday Night Combat as a sniper class, and he was pretty down but then H3 hardcore came back out and I'll never hear from him again. I guess Halo's kinda sucked for so long that people just want to jump back to what they know. Can't say I blame them though.

I want to agree with you but I really dislike this kind of elitism. 

It's kinda an elitist thing to say but it's also kinda true.. If that's all someone can understand about the game then they don't understand the game fully. Spawn killing ends up playing a big part of the game when you have no idea what to do. I've seen h1 gameplays from a few top pro's that aren't big CE players and none of them besides legit seemed like they cared about their partner and weapon control.
  • Upvote (+1) 5