CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Bullshit that action sack/infection get their own playlists but not hardcore. Action sack should just have a slot dedicated to infection and then another for grifball when they finally make the settings.

If you want a split THC playlist, get people to play it and show it deserves its own playlist.

Population = permanent.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Bullshit that action sack/infection get their own playlists but not hardcore. Action sack should just have a slot dedicated to infection and then another for grifball when they finally make the settings.

Except that Infection is 10x more popular than Hardcore will ever be... and so is Action Sack. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keep in mind that it's not master race if you only play AAA console ports and mainstream eSports.

This quote is so good I'm making it my sig.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really don't understand why 343 can't make matchmkaing for MCC run on 100% dedicated servers like H5 is for matchmaking...I hate having to deal with shitty hosts and keep the P2P option for customs.  :kappa:

If you want a split THC playlist, get people to play it and show it deserves its own playlist.

Population = permanent.

This is flawed logic. If population increases it will prove nothing, just that people are willing to play it as it currently is. And currently most people are not willing to put up with it 'cause they get the wrong Halo voted for half of the time and there is rampant quitting.

What would actually prove it is if they split it out for week and review the data to see if the population is sustainable.

If they keep things status quo it helps nobody though. You find matches "faster" but you quit half the time... might as well split it out, even if it takes longer to find matches at least it is what people want.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really don't understand why 343 can't make matchmkaing for MCC run on 100% dedicated servers like H5 is for matchmaking...I hate having to deal with shitty hosts and keep the P2P option for customs.  :kappa:

I wouldnt hold your breath on that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah OG H2 but I'm talking about MCC Halo 2 Vista breh.

Hell no lol. Post-patch MCC Halo 2 > Halo 3 RNG projectile bullets. The only thing that's better in Halo 3 is the Sniper. Even then, you can't tell me host is not an extreme advantage considering you get bloodshots all day on H3 (to be fair, the MCC H2 sniper is kinda ass with this crap too sometimes). Like I said, I'm all for H3 MLG as much as the next dude but on a projectile based game, connection/host is a hell of a lot more dominant.

I remember some of the pro teams not wanting host in h3 at all at events/online. H2 both OG and MCC the host 100% is the biggest factor up there with Gears 1 host abuse. Think about Omega from XiT WoundZ h2 era, he was picked up strictly on how well he was on host online/LAN.

But I agree with the having to adjust your shot thing its awful. Both h2 and h3 on MCC are gimped versions of their OG forms, too many issues to name and its a shame that the MCC versions is all some people will ever experience. 

I know exactly what you're talking about man. On H2, host had a slight advantage on LAN similar to online so there was a reason people liked to host; didn't make or break the game though. ItwasLuck and Bonfire were on a damn tear back in those days. Still remember getting destroyed by them in the Hardcore playlist back in the day lol. On H3 LAN though, no one wanted to host because the hit boxes on host are a little iffy. Online though? What lol? There was never a reason you didn't want to host in Halo 3 online. Online and LAN are like two different games considering how much people can tank with the ROFLBR in that game. If you had host and your team are all virtually near each other, your advantage is exponentially increased.  

Host abuse in H2 not EVENNNNNNN comparable to Gears 1... Or any of the gears series (because host advantage was the biggest deterrent in this game and every one who competed in this game knew and talked about it). Yes, your BR registration is better on host because as with every online game, host is better. But Halo 2 has hitscan bullet registration. With hitscan registration, while it matters to an extent how much you adjust your shot (again, as with every online game) you do not have to adjust NEARLY as much as you do in each and every game in Halo 3. Especially with the RNG projectile based bullet movement. There's a humongous difference.

As for the bold though, I agree with you 100% my dude. Been saying this for a while lol, we're playing shitty ports of shitty ports for CE and H2, and H3 is just as bad. The experiences are completely different.

I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 360 split screen with my little brother this past week and the difference in bullet speed is pretty insane compared to MCC. The 360 even with 30 fps and split screen performs 100x better than MCC. I don't know what version of the game MCC has or how people say "it's the same as it was on 360" but that is dogshit. They are 2 completely different games.

I did and said this same exact thing, but I was running the MLG playlist with @@Stoppabl3. It feels extremely different.

This is flawed logic. If population increases it will prove nothing, just that people are willing to play it as it currently is. And currently most people are not willing to put up with it 'cause they get the wrong Halo voted for half of the time and there is rampant quitting.

What would actually prove it is if they split it out for week and review the data to see if the population is sustainable.

If they keep things status quo it helps nobody though. You find matches "faster" but you quit half the time... might as well split it out, even if it takes longer to find matches at least it is what people want.

@@Bravo

Totally understand that, but it's painfully obvious that they keep using population as an excuse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wish we could all just talk about playlist organization with the playlist team and just discuss everything. Even in the state it's in MCC has a lot of potential if we could Judy's adjust playlists and game types

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wish we could all just talk about playlist organization with the playlist team and just discuss everything. Even in the state it's in MCC has a lot of potential if we could Judy's adjust playlists and game types

Agreed. After paying $60 for this game, their treatment has been pretty unjudy's. That's why I've just been playing Injudy'sice instead.

But for real, you're right. Judy's forget I mentioned it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Agreed. After paying $60 for this game, their treatment has been pretty unjudy's. That's why I've just been playing Injudy'sice instead.

But for real, you're right. Judy's forget I mentioned it.

man-clapping-gif-meme.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

This game is atrocious. Won 5 games straight and didn't rank up and then played one game when every single person lagged out of the game including me and get deranked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So am I the only one experiencing this issue where whenever an H3 game tries to connect to a new host it just goes to the lobby.

This wouldn't be an issue if we had the god damn dedicated servers we were promised. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would piss myself laughing if i saw someone at an event wearing anti-thumb sucking gloves.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I've won about 80ish games and lost 6 in the Halo 4 playlist. What rank would you guess I am? I want to see if this is normal.

Irrelevant, Halo 4 takes no skill  :kappa:

But seriously, should be like 20ish?

So I've won about 80ish games and lost 6 in the Halo 4 playlist. What rank would you guess I am? I want to see if this is normal.

Irrelevant, Halo 4 takes no skill :kappa:

But seriously, should be like 20ish?

I literally just hit 20 lol. I won about 8 games tonight and I haven't gained a single rank. I don't understand this system man. Yea Halo 4 may as well be unranked with how awful half the high rank kids are. It's just the only game I have good hit detection in. I can't believe I have a collection of all the Halo's and I am stuck playing 4.

I would piss myself laughing if i saw someone at an event wearing anti-thumb sucking gloves.

It's working though. I am using some semi fat gloves. I need thinner gloves for better movement, but my aim hasn't been this good since I started holding the controller the correct way.

I literally just got to 20. And I meant to put 80 wins since rank 15. Is that normal?

Every Ranked playlist is just a grind fest that's all it is /doesn't matter what level you beat as long as you get the W

Is 343i testing Warzone Bots in BTB?

I see so many people with an average of 30-100 total kills. Like WTF the game is out for 10 months.

They dont even change clan tags, armor, emblems and stuff. All 117 and UNSC people that cant even walk straight.

And at the end of the day BTB or THE4 is way more popular then THC because of people like this. I wanna see live population counters and not that stupid "unique players over 3 days".

But yeah, when I look at the quality of those players its no wonder that action sack and co. are more populated. Do any of you even enjoy action sack? I love fat kid, jenga tower and so on, but 90% of the AS gametypes are no fun at all to me. Like shwatguns and Hammers. Just slayer with another weapon.

Every Ranked playlist is just a grind fest that's all it is /doesn't matter what level you beat as long as you get the W

I thought they were using the Halo 2 system. Wtf man.