CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't, my friends won't stop playing BF4 and I don't mind playing it with them.

I just couldn't get into BF and I've never been a fan of an COD, so there really isn't much other than Halo for me at the stage.

If I knew that Titanfall was going to grow stale quickly and the state that MCC would launch in, I would have waited to get the GoW:UE bundle. Would have saved me $150 and a brick (Kinect) taking up room in my closet.

I lost interest in Titanfall after playing the beta. Never even played the full game. I'm basically using my xbox to play Kinect Bowling with my kids at the moment. Money well spent, lol.

Strongly considering becoming part of the PC master race.

I just couldn't get into BF and I've never been a fan of an COD, so there really isn't much other than Halo for me at the stage.

I lost interest in Titanfall after playing the beta. Never even played the full game. I'm basically using my xbox to play Kinect Bowling with my kids at the moment. Money well spent, lol.

Strongly considering becoming part of the PC master race.

Keep in mind that it's not master race if you only play AAA console ports and mainstream eSports.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I knew that Titanfall was going to grow stale quickly and the state that MCC would launch in, I would have waited to get the GoW:UE bundle. Would have saved me $150 and a brick (Kinect) taking up room in my closet.

I think I'm one of the very few that really got all theirs monies worth from Titanfall; I played the living shit out of that game when it first came out. Mainly because I'm a really big fan of arena style shooters and the movement in that game made that game a 10 for me. I absolutely loved outslaying the living shit out of everyone on the 360 when it came out because I knew how to strafe so much better haha. I had like a 20.6 K/D ratio against pilots in that version because I was already used to the game when it dropped.

I wonder what this next content update is going to include... I'm tired of hearing "soon."  Soon is not MONTHS...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I'm one of the very few that really got all theirs monies worth from Titanfall; I played the living shit out of that game when it first came out. Mainly because I'm a really big fan of arena style shooters and the movement in that game made that game a 10 for me. I absolutely loved outslaying the living shit out of everyone on the 360 when it came out because I knew how to strafe so much better haha. I had like a 20.6 K/D ratio against pilots in that version because I was already used to the game when it dropped.

I wonder what this next content update is going to include... I'm tired of hearing "soon." Soon is not MONTHS...

Off topic, did you know you can strafe jump in Titanfall? What keeps you from avoiding friction by continuous jumping only happens when you have a movement component in the forward direction, not when you strafe just to the side. It means you never have to look at an ugly sprint animation again. Now if only you could shoot accurately in hip-fire with a weapon other than the smart pistol... sigh.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic, did you know you can strafe jump in Titanfall? What keeps you from avoiding friction by continuous jumping only happens when you have a movement component in the forward direction, not when you strafe just to the side. It means you never have to look at an ugly sprint animation again. Now if only you could shoot accurately in hip-fire with a weapon other than the smart pistol... sigh.

Yes I did.  :)

+

CAR SMG with the Hip Fire perk

• Upvote (+1) 1

dumbest thing about that game. A pistol that literally kills for you.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

dumbest thing about that game. A pistol that literally kills for you.

That sort of thing can never be balanced. It's always going to be a cheap kill.

The first thing I look for in any game I play is an accurate method of dealing lethal damage at all ranges. The only options are usually sniper rifles, but instead of making things like quickscoping and noscoping just really hard to pull off, so many games use randomness or "fix" it in the case of quickscoping. Despite having hundreds of options to supposedly fit the playstyles of all players, I'm never quite satisfied, as I like playing aggressively and good ol' ironsights doesn't like that, not to mention most games are dominated by hitscan automatics. I hate being forced to play a certain way.

How do people back out of a locked lobby? Do they use the leave party method? So damn annoying. You can dodge whenever you want.

Really disappointed Halo 3 kids have overrun the Team Hardcore playlist. Probably 19 out of 20 games are Halo 3.

In addition the fact that H3 isn't anything but a inferior H2, host is literally everything in that game. If someone pulls host and ghandi hops it is essentially impossible to kill him. When I had host one game I was dishing out 4 shots left and right and didnt get out br'ed in a single fight. I didnt even have to lead any of my shots either if it wasn't completly cross map. It feels like it's not even the same game.

And the one time H2 was voted a guy literally (i'm not making this up) ranted for 15 minutes about how "Halo 2 sucks and is so random, H3 is so much better". And the worst part is I couldnt even mute him, so I had to listen to him the full game length.

Cross game playlists were such a terrible idea. I mean if someone really wants to play BR-spread Halo they should be able to but putting multiple games especially of such different competitve quality in one playlist you are gonna have a massive problem.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder what this next content update is going to include... I'm tired of hearing "soon."  Soon is not MONTHS...

I love arena as well. I still play Quake Live regularly, but ADS didn't belong in Titanfall. It was counter-productive with the fast and vertical movement and hindered the game greatly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love arena as well. I still play Quake Live regularly, but ADS didn't belong in Titanfall. It was counter-productive with the fast and vertical movement and hindered the game greatly.

Definitely won't disagree with you there. While ADS didn't play awfully in this game, it would've been very interesting to see how the game would've played out in a pure-arena style.

Really disappointed Halo 3 kids have overrun the Team Hardcore playlist. Probably 19 out of 20 games are Halo 3.

In addition the fact that H3 isn't anything but a inferior H2, host is literally everything in that game.

Host is 100 times more over powering on H2 then it is in H3. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Host is 100 times more over powering on H2 then it is in H3. 

Hell no bro lol.... I'm all for Halo 3 MLG as much as the next guy, but you shouldn't have to adjust your shot/lead significantly on a per connection basis. Halo 2 shot registration is an ass ton better (not Vista). 

I obviously remember leading shots in H3 on the 360 bit I feel like I have to do it so much more on MCC, anyone else feel like this? Maybe bullet velocity issues? Or is it just connection stuff?

I obviously remember leading shots in H3 on the 360 bit I feel like I have to do it so much more on MCC, anyone else feel like this? Maybe bullet velocity issues? Or is it just connection stuff?

Yes the shot lead is way more than the original. I personally believe it's a velocity issue.

I feel like I have to lead a mile long distance but not lead at all on the short distances. on the 360 I remember having to lead more on the shorter distances and less on the longer distances unless it was like aussy host.

Actually I just feel like long distance on mcc is terribad for all 3 og games, like my bullets get lost into the abyss

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey TB fam, I made a simple sniping montage. I posted in my TB thread but I dunno if much people venture into it lol. So if yous have any free time feel free to check it out. Im not an editing God and the clips are not the best in the world but I am trying to improve  ;) Here is some context to what the montage is.

"I was always a pretty average sniper because I always over complicated it instead of doing it by feel and reaction. These are some clips that I've capped since I changed my mindset. The main thing I picked up is to always keep your reticle at head level (simple right?) and to put your reticle were you think the enemy is going to move. I have definitely improved and I hope to take what I've learned to H5 and get some great clips"

Hell no bro lol.... I'm all for Halo 3 MLG as much as the next guy, but you shouldn't have to adjust your shot/lead significantly on a per connection basis. Halo 2 shot registration is an ass ton better (not Vista). 

Yeah OG H2 but I'm talking about MCC Halo 2 Vista breh.

I remember some of the pro teams not wanting host in h3 at all at events/online. H2 both OG and MCC the host 100% is the biggest factor up there with Gears 1 host abuse. Think about Omega from XiT WoundZ h2 era, he was picked up strictly on how well he was on host online/LAN.

But I agree with the having to adjust your shot thing its awful. Both h2 and h3 on MCC are gimped versions of their OG forms, too many issues to name and its a shame that the MCC versions is all some people will ever experience. 

Keep in mind that it's not master race if you only play AAA console ports and mainstream eSports.

I just want to play a good arena shooter. I don't really care what category that comes under.

Bullshit that action sack/infection get their own playlists but not hardcore. Action sack should just have a slot dedicated to infection and then another for grifball when they finally make the settings.

I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 360 split screen with my little brother this past week and the difference in bullet speed is pretty insane compared to MCC. The 360 even with 30 fps and split screen performs 100x better than MCC. I don't know what version of the game MCC has or how people say "it's the same as it was on 360" but that is dogshit. They are 2 completely different games.

• Upvote (+1) 1