CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm not sure I understand - what makes it like Reach or diff than it originally was other than the graphics?

Well, for starters, it's going to add new things in, some from previous games, like Ricochet from H4, a "Gungoose" and some weapons like the AR, Silenced SMG etc. Watch the RTX panel, it will explain everything. The maps are also going to be altered slightly, to add in interactive features or new jumps. They're basically trying to improve on the H2 formula and add in some things that never made the final cut of the game due to time constraints or technological constraints. 

IMO the classic H2. People will get bored of the same 6 maps, especially if they're just a 4v4 player or just a BTB player, you're looking at only 2 or 3 maps.

6 maps is something I won't be getting bored with sounds amazing because they are all good maps.

I am fairly certain that more maps will be remastered for H2A down the line as DLC as well. It would be cool if they released some new armor for the older games and possibly expand upon weapon skins. 

6 maps is something I won't be getting bored with sounds amazing because they are all good maps.

I would say you're in the minority then. 6 maps is not a lot, people like variety, and when you have H2 on the same disc, it's extremely accessible for people to hop over if they want to play more maps. As I said earlier in this thread, the 6 maps are probably going to be split half and half with 4v4/BTB so if you're primarily a 4v4 or BTB player, you're looking at a very limited map pool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They already confirmed Coagulation and Ascension, those are already two meh maps. Ascension was really only good for tower of power while Coagulation SMG start is a joke compared to Blood Gulch AR/Pistol start in H1. And let's be real here we will have to deal with SMG start in h2 again....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would say you're in the minority then. 6 maps is not a lot, people like variety, and when you have H2 on the same disc, it's extremely accessible for people to hop over if they want to play more maps. As I said earlier in this thread, the 6 maps are probably going to be split half and half with 4v4/BTB so if you're primarily a 4v4 or BTB player, you're looking at a very limited map pool.

I'm thinking maybe Coag and whatever other BTB maps will be a large source for Forge Maps, so perhaps they could ask for some original maps to fight on later in the game. That way, nearly every person will have a good map selection to choose from if they don't want to play H1, H2, H3 or H4. As long as the maps added don't suck, H2A fans can be happy alongside the rest of the MCC.

I'm thinking maybe Coag and whatever other BTB maps will be a large source for Forge Maps, so perhaps they could ask for some original maps to fight on later in the game. That way, nearly every person will have a good map selection to choose from if they don't want to play H1, H2, H3 or H4. As long as the maps added don't suck, H2A fans can be happy alongside the rest of the MCC.

It's possible, yes. DLC could happen, we'll have to see. I'm just saying if the map count stays the same for H2A, I don't see it having a very stable population once the hype dies down.

They already confirmed Coagulation and Ascension, those are already two meh maps. Ascension was really only good for tower of power while Coagulation SMG start is a joke compared to Blood Gulch AR/Pistol start in H1. And let's be real here we will have to deal with SMG start in h2 again....

@47:30 of the RTX panel they talk about selecting the pistol option in weapon sets.  This could just be referring to starting/pickup weapons.  I wonder if they won't let you choose between AR, SMG, Silenced SMG, BR, etc...  I mean, that could easily fall under the category of modernizations.  IDK, we'll see as we get more info.

With utmost honesty, I thought Neutral Bomb on Coag was fucking awesome when H2 launched.

*Edit*

I expect AR/mag, BR/SMG, BR/AR starting weapons across the board as the standard (except Halo 4 of course).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am fairly certain that more maps will be remastered for H2A down the line as DLC as well. It would be cool if they released some new armor for the older games and possibly expand upon weapon skins. 

The pack is only going to be out a year before the next Halo launch. I doubt they will put any more time or effort into the game since they have a new product to market for new sales. I know a lot of people would love to get new maps and whatnot, I'm one of them, but I wouldn't get your hope up. That being said, I would love to be proved wrong. 

Am I understanding this correctly?

The MCC will be one playlist from H: CE to H4. So one game you could play 4v4 H1 TS on Prisoner, then next round it be H3 4v4 TS on Narrows? Maybe I am reading it wrong from some other posts I've seen.

Only one playlist will work like that and there were others shown at RTX for searching just Halo 2, for example. The playlists will probably change.

@47:30 of the RTX panel they talk about selecting the pistol option in weapon sets.  This could just be referring to starting/pickup weapons.  I wonder if they won't let you choose between AR, SMG, Silenced SMG, BR, etc...  I mean, that could easily fall under the category of modernizations.  IDK, we'll see as we get more info.

Yeah I'm curious about those weapon sets. Is it just a nice way of saying "Loadouts" or is it more Reach-style where there are only presets to choose from in the gametype options? Maybe even something else entirely.

Yeah I'm curious about those weapon sets. Is it just a nice way of saying "Loadouts" or is it more Reach-style where there are only presets to choose from in the gametype options? Maybe even something else entirely.

They are weapons on the map. Like when you go to custom games and you can select what weapons you would like on the map (Snipers only, Humans only, etc.)

There have been A LOT of people streaming and watching Halo 3 on Twitch.

Not sure how people enjoy that game in its current form.I'll play a gimmicky Halo game with a playable online experience every time over the Halo 3 cocktail of slippery aiming, shot lead, bullet spread, and unacceptable netcode.

That being said I definitely will play Halo 3 in the MCC if the dedicated servers are as good as I hope they are.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There have been A LOT of people streaming and watching Halo 3 on Twitch.

Not sure how people enjoy that game in its current form.I'll play a gimmicky Halo game with a playable online experience every time over the Halo 3 cocktail of slippery aiming, shot lead, bullet spread, and unacceptable netcode.

That being said I definitely will play Halo 3 in the MCC if the dedicated servers are as good as I hope they are.

I find H3 to be more fun than H4 regardless of the bad aspects in H3 you pointed out. I have a decent connection to most games and hardly get the Black Screen like in the past, but I still get far more bull shit in H4 than H3. I get shot through walls constantly and all sorts of stuff in H4 that I can't stand. H3, I can forgive, because it is old and full of people who will manipulate the game, but a game that's not even 2 years old and is a lot farther along from a  technological standpoint and has dev support, I can't forgive that which is why I won't play H4 anymore.

I have a decent connection to most games and hardly get the Black Screen like in the past, but I still get far more bull shit in H4 than H3. I get shot through walls constantly and all sorts of stuff in H4 that I can't stand.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I have pretty amazing internet, and Halo 3 is an inconsistent mess win basically every game I'm in due to the factors I listed earlier.

With that same internet, Halo 4 is an inconsistent mess with standard gameplay, but I never get cheated due to netcode. Never. No bullets through walls, no kills missed due to spread or inconsistent shot lead, my reticule goes where I want it to go, the game is fully functional unless there is a huge lag spike.

Default Halo 4 is a dumpster fire of an experience. Legendary Slayer in Halo 4 is annoying because the gun is too easy to use, the maps are pretty bad, and there are radars.

In Halo 3, there is a laundry list of problems that I find much, much more unforgivable than Reach or Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I have pretty amazing internet, and Halo 3 is an inconsistent mess win basically every game I'm in due to the factors I listed earlier.

With that same internet, Halo 4 is an inconsistent mess with standard gameplay, but I never get cheated due to netcode. Never. No bullets through walls, no kills missed due to spread or inconsistent shot lead, my reticule goes where I want it to go, the game is fully functional unless there is a huge lag spike.

Default Halo 4 is a dumpster fire of an experience. Legendary Slayer in Halo 4 is annoying because the gun is too easy to use, the maps are pretty bad, and there are radars.

In Halo 3, there is a laundry list of problems that I find much, much more unforgivable than Reach or Halo 4.

I don't know what to tell you. My experience is just different than yours. I get plenty of problems with H4. I always do. I don't know why. That's why I just play H3 though.

I don't know what to tell you. My experience is just different than yours.

I think this is the problem with bad netcode. Everyone is playing a different game and no two games are the same. 

I don't know what to tell you. My experience is just different than yours. I get plenty of problems with H4. I always do. I don't know why. That's why I just play H3 though.

Hey if your experience is different, then I don't blame you.

@@Rudzki - the problem with it all is, I think Halo 4 has a pretty stellar netcode. Problems with gameplay aside, I don't feel I get cheated.

@@Rudzki - the problem with it all is, I think Halo 4 has a pretty stellar netcode. Problems with gameplay aside, I don't feel I get cheated.

I disagree with this tbh, the games easier ability to shoot makes it seem like the netcode is better, but I ran into alot more problems in 4 than reach.

However, anyone saying 3 is better than 4 netcode wise is silly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been playing Halo PC lately, and after having to hack it to get the FOV working properly I realized something.

Halo PC breaks when played on a widescreen monitor and the FOV goes down to like 50.  CEA had that same problem, which is why I never played past the first level in CEA.  Even split screen felt bad, althoug I would have tried playing coop with an idle controller if I had an extra one at the time.

If 343 didn't see this as a problem the first time, it worries me that they may not see it as a problem with MCC.

the games easier ability to shoot makes it seem like the netcode is better

I don't agree with this logic at all. There are more factors at play than "People die faster overall, so it masks shots that aren't registering".

Hits register on time, there is no real delay in firing and the shot registering on their shields.

There are far fewer people warping around, resulting in way fewer people lagging out.

Fewer (if not zero) bloodshots, times when your screen tells you that you hit a snipe, but the host disagrees.

No shot lead to hide behind, you know when you are being cheated. Same sorta goes for bullet spread. Halo 3's mechanics mask bad netcode (and amplify it) whilst Halo 4's doesn't. I think the amount of 4 shots HURTS the argument that Halo 4's netcode is bad, because in H4 it's so clear when you should be getting a 4 shot that it would stick out in your mind like a sore thumb if you didn't. I don't have those moments in Halo 4, but I do in Halo 3. Maybe my internet hides some problems with Halo 4 netcode, but I just don't believe that to be the case.

As for Reach vs H4 netcode, they both are pretty damn good, I don't know if I could choose one to be better. I think bloom in Reach hurt most people's opinion of netcode unfairly, so maybe Reach is actually better, idk.

• Upvote (+1) 1