CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

New community update, a lot of MCC talk in this one!

Highlights

• Infection is coming in the next update, will feature Halo 3, Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4
  • Action Sack is staying
  • HCS is being removed
  • Correct Construct variant will be added to Team Hardcore for TS
  • SMG starts removed entirely from Team Doubles for H2C
  • All H3 AR gametypes in BTB will be removed, later replaced by BR starts gametypes in a future update
  • Dominion added to BTB (Halo 4)
  • Dominion added to Halo 4 playlist
  • Pitfall and Vertigo will now be playable with Legendary Slayer
  • Ragnarok CTF will be playable in Halo 4 playlist

Reporting & Blocking System Fixes

If you've blocked a player, previously you wouldn't match them ever. With a new Xbox One update, this has changed. If you've blocked a player, you will still be able to match them in the following ranked playlists:

• Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Team Doubles
  • Halo: CE
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Team Hardcore

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-8-21-15

I still don't understand why they are removing playlists. The logic behind this is completely stupid. So now we have Infection AND Action Sack taking up 2 "valuable" playlist slots. And still no CU. I'm becoming so bitter.

I still don't understand why they are removing playlists. The logic behind this is completely stupid. So now we have Infection AND Action Sack taking up 2 "valuable" playlist slots. And still no CU. I'm becoming so bitter.

Should kind of give you an idea on how low the population is in each playlist.

Should kind of give you an idea on how low the population is in each playlist.

I wish I could see numbers though that would definitely help me swallow what they are doing. Because even a population of 500 can still find games with relative ease.

Before anyone panics about H2A being added to THC.

Thank the lord, the last thing this game needs is for a perfectly good playlist to be ruined by something like that.

Good thinking on bringing it up.

Thank the lord, the last thing this game needs is for a perfectly good playlist to be ruined by something like that.

Good thinking on bringing it up.

They should've done the same with H3
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Just wanna give a quick shout out to all the Team Hardcore ragers out there who are playing games and yelling into their mics in the playlist like the MLG season opener is next weekend. Ya'll gotta just tone it down - for real.  :prayers:   :salt:  

• Upvote (+1) 4

• All H3 AR gametypes in BTB will be removed, later replaced by BR starts gametypes in a future update

Fucking finally....now remove AR/SMG starts entirely from the from H2C/H3/TS playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just wanna give a quick shout out to all the Team Hardcore ragers out there who are playing games and yelling into their mics in the playlist like the MLG season opener is next weekend. Ya'll gotta just tone it down - for real.  :prayers:   :salt:  

It's 2009 all over again!

but still no schedule for the content update, not even a rough one :(

Another month left in the dark.

It's 2009 all over again!

With the kid throwing his controller/remote/some object that was lough enough to be heard hitting something in his room after losing a Narrows TS game - it pretty much is 2009. 

Not sure why people are concerned about HCS being removed. There's other H2A lists... and I thought everyone agreed H2A is complete ass anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure why people are concerned about HCS being removed. There's other H2A lists... and I thought everyone agreed H2A is complete ass anyway.

It's one of the few games that actually works. And you can actually play obj on good maps not just Slayer BR's like the H2A playlist. And there was no Zenith, Remnant or Stonetown.

That is something that I have a very hard time believing. Everything that 343 has done so far, seems to prove otherwise. But thanks for posting here, it's nice to have someone who works at 343 actually engaging with the community!

josh and Quinn have posted here many times, maybe not in this specific thread but they do come to the site from time to time.

BUT THERE'S NO RADAR AND MY TEAMMATES CAN'T UNDERSTAND ME IF I DON'T YELL what's that Mom? NO, I'M PLAYING HALO! WHAT? HALO! GAH, JUST GIVE ME A SEC. WHO DROPPED ROCKETS AND DIDN'T TELL ME!?

I understand intensity. I don't understand straight vitriol, even with numb teammates.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Fucking finally....now remove AR/SMG starts entirely from the from H2C/H3/TS playlists.

Just updated my post to clarify but this change is only for Halo 3 Assault gametypes.

josh and Quinn have posted here many times, maybe not in this specific thread but they do come to the site from time to time.

That's a post from July man :/

Just updated my post to clarify but this change is only for Halo 3 Assault gametypes.

That's a post from July man :/

I said they come here. I didn't say they lived here like we do. But let's not pretend that they haven't engaged with us before.

Win a game, go down a rank.

15p5y4k.jpg

With the kid throwing his controller/remote/some object that was lough enough to be heard hitting something in his room after losing a Narrows TS game - it pretty much is 2009.

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I said they come here. I didn't say they lived here like we do. But let's not pretend that they haven't engaged with us before.

I was saying you replied to a post from July, not that they haven't interacted with us since July.

I was saying you replied to a post from July, not that they haven't interacted with us since July.

wow really? Shit that's the page the thread opened on. I'm also on mobile.

Don't I look foolish.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, I just played for about 2 hours without running into any issues.

I'm not saying the game is fixed but it's definitely playable now.

Well aren't you lucky.

I can get a game in one playlist that is plagued by people backing out if they don't get the game they want... not to mention the random times the game ends early, crashes randomly, can't load the map, loads the wrong map.  Every time I do a search I have to back to the main menu and then start the search again multiple times before I can find a game.  I get 2-3 games per hour in one playlist that is unranked because of this.  Maybe unlike yourself, I just expect more from 343 than this sloppy, barely functional piece of shit we have at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New community update, a lot of MCC talk in this one!

Highlights

• All H3 Assault AR gametypes in BTB will be removed, later replaced by BR starts gametypes in a future update

First off. Yay! Especially the SMG starts. F yes.

Reporting & Blocking System Fixes

If you've blocked a player, previously you wouldn't match them ever. With a new Xbox One update, this has changed. If you've blocked a player, you will still be able to match them in the following ranked playlists:

• Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Team Doubles
  • Halo: CE
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Team Hardcore

Secondly, and more importantly... Oh no...  :( I'm surprised no one talked about this yet.

Shoutouts to 2006 because It's about to be Host-boot heaven in the high 30's and 40s in ranked now. Fuck... These are the only douchebags I use the block list for and now they have a reason to grind the ranked playlist for all 50s. I'm ecstatic people can't block me because I win now, but man.. I already see this coming. Quote me in a week.

• Upvote (+1) 1