CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I cant even play anymore. Every game a person quits, quitting penalties please. If you leave you shouldn't be able to search, and every quit should add up for the day.

1 quit=5min of no matchmaking

2 quits=15min

3 quits=45minutes

Something along those lines

CS GO/LoL's systems are perfect. 343 just have to copy and paste.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just waiting 20 minutes for this match to end because the other team quit out in the lobby. Having the time of my life.

Next match I lose connection to the host and go down a rank even though my internet is perfectly fine. Love this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've seen the odd comment saying MCC H3 netcode is worse than it was on 360... hell no. I went over man cannon on Narrows yesterday and 4'd a guy jumping and gandhi hopping top mid. Never seen anything like that in my life online, I stopped playing for a second. Obviously you still run into god awful connections every handful of games but by and large I think it's clearly better than it used to be.

Also the game has been working way better for me the last week. I don't know what was going on for the 3 weeks prior but I can actually play relatively painlessly again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CS GO/LoL's systems are perfect. 343 just have to copy and paste.

We said the same about the playlists, and we all saw how that turned out.

I've seen the odd comment saying MCC H3 netcode is worse than it was on 360... hell no. I went over man cannon on Narrows yesterday and 4'd a guy jumping and gandhi hopping top mid. Never seen anything like that in my life online, I stopped playing for a second. Obviously you still run into god awful connections every handful of games but by and large I think it's clearly better than it used to be.

Also the game has been working way better for me the last week. I don't know what was going on for the 3 weeks prior but I can actually play relatively painlessly again.

Happens all the time online haven't you ever played on host before? Odds are, you were host or just playing on a faster server/host than you normally do.

Happens all the time online haven't you ever played on host before? Odds are, you were host or just playing on a faster server/host than you normally do.

I rarely pull host and rarely see it happen. The average connection is clearly better on MCC than 360, at least for me.

[previous comment was rightfully removed, censored version below]

My friends and I wanted to give MCC another chance since we haven't tried it in 3 weeks. We created a 5-person party and started up BTB like the good 'ol days. We get Territories on Avalanche. We're having fun, but the game is lagging (it wouldn't let us pick up weapons). At the beginning of the second round, the game crashes on all of us. We laugh on how bad of a state this game is in, despite being 10 months after launch, and decided to wait for GoW:UE to have some online fun.

Thanks, 343. I'm sure the update that has taken two months to get ready will 100% fix this game. With Halo 4, MCC, and Halo 5, I can't think of any reasons to not trust you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

[previous comment was rightfully removed, censored version below]

My friends and I wanted to give MCC another chance since we haven't tried it in 3 weeks. We created a 5-person party and started up BTB like the good 'ol days. We get Territories on Avalanche. We're having fun, but the game is lagging (it wouldn't let us pick up weapons). At the beginning of the second round, the game crashes on all of us. We laugh on how bad of a state this game is in, despite being 10 months after launch, and decided to wait for GoW:UE to have some online fun.

Thanks, 343. I'm sure the update that has taken two months to get ready will 100% fix this game. With Halo 4, MCC, and Halo 5, I can't think of any reasons to not trust you.

Much better than the first one for sure aha. 

Just waiting 20 minutes for this match to end because the other team quit out in the lobby. Having the time of my life.

Next match I lose connection to the host and go down a rank even though my internet is perfectly fine. Love this game.

This is my favorite part about MM. 2 more months  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

A patch would be great thanks 343.

How some people think this game is in an acceptable state I'll never understand...

• Upvote (+1) 3

A patch would be great thanks 343.

How some people think this game is in an acceptable state I'll never understand...

I mean, I just played for about 2 hours without running into any issues.

I'm not saying the game is fixed but it's definitely playable now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I mean, I just played for about 2 hours without running into any issues.

I'm not saying the game is fixed but it's definitely playable now.

What game? Because every game except H2A(sometimes) and H4 are fundamentally broken. So even on dedis these games have actual issues.

New community update, a lot of MCC talk in this one!

Highlights

• Content update still in the works, more info closer to release
  • Infection is coming in the next update, will feature Halo 3, Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4
  • Action Sack is staying
  • HCS is being removed
  • Correct Construct variant will be added to Team Hardcore for TS 
  • SMG starts removed entirely from Team Doubles for H2C
  • All H3 Assault AR gametypes in BTB will be removed, later replaced by BR starts gametypes in a future update
  • Dominion added to BTB (Halo 4)
  • Dominion added to Halo 4 playlist
  • Pitfall and Vertigo will now be playable with Legendary Slayer
  • Ragnarok CTF will be playable in Halo 4 playlist

Reporting & Blocking System Fixes

If you've blocked a player, previously you wouldn't match them ever. With a new Xbox One update, this has changed. If you've blocked a player, you will still be able to match them in the following ranked playlists:

• Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Team Doubles
  • Halo: CE
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Team Hardcore

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-8-21-15