CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

LOL try to be nice to someone and get roasted for no reason, no wonder I am an ass to everyone.

If you want to have a somewhat decent player on your team, let me know.

Cool. Do you know someone? What is his gamertag? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hornet melts a warthog. And the point is that the Hornet just has to watch the middle doorway and hold R. You literally can't do a thing to it if it stays on their side and does that. That's exactly what happens most of the time. Your only hope is getting the spartan laser and hitting it from where it spawns which is wide open. Good luck rocketing a hornet. Dude the hornet on Avalanche is a nightmare if you play against competent people.

In general vehicles in Halo 3 are tanks. Without rockets or a Splaser you are gonna get murdered.

mate, if you could just melt a vehicles, no one would use them.

and no. A HORNET cannot kill a warthog worth fucking shit. go in splitscreen and try.

Unreal man...

If you're not Premium then one of the mods has to do it for you.

Big Halo 3 Fan

• Upvote (+1) 1

Real question: Does Damnation actually have any value as a 2v2 map? It's way too big for my taste and the time last fucking forever. That combined with the near impossibility of fighting back an enemy with top control makes it just feel like every match is who can snowball the advantage first.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Real question: Does Damnation actually have any value as a 2v2 map? It's way too big for my taste and the time last fucking forever. That combined with the near impossibility of fighting back an enemy with top control makes it just feel like every match is who can snowball the advantage first.

Damnation is one of my favourites, love the verticality. Nade tricks help a lot if you're trying to get that top power position back, also you can spawn your teammate into green from shotguns. It's manageable.

Damnation is one of my favourites, love the verticality. Nade tricks help a lot if you're trying to get that top power position back, also you can spawn your teammate into green from shotguns. It's manageable.

Verticality is fine so long as it's size is manageable (Prisoner for example). Maybe the problem is searching without a teammate because, without fail, 95% of my teammates immediately open fire with their AR's.

Held a 19 in Hardcore today, got kicked out of one game, and was deranked to 18. Won two games, got booted again, am now a 17.

Idk, I just need to vent, so frustrated atm.

The only way to figure out Damnation is to figure out how to nade Camo down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was under the impression that there were dedicated servers in MCC? Just not every game has them? Majority of the games I have played have had no 'lag' as in my nades come out super fast (almost as fast as if you were host in H3 360). The shot detection is definitely a little wonky; have to lead your shots a bit more than usual for sure but its a relatively simple adjustment.

^forgot to hit multi-quote, this was posted by My Namez BEAST.

I mean the first example you showed you weren't leading at all.. those wouldn't have hit in H3 360 either. Def have to lead a little bit more though at long distances.

Anyways.. I've been having lots of fun with H3 Hardcore. Feels like its 2009 with the grinding I'm doing lols. Hit this the other day, definitely one of the best clips I've gotten in my entire halo playing career:

The point of the clip was to show how aiming on someone doesn't even hurt them at all. The next part was showing how much you actually have to lead at that distance. Trust me the first part would've hit on OG I've tested it split screen. I have another clip I'll post soon. Nice clip btw!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was under the impression that there were dedicated servers in MCC? Just not every game has them? Majority of the games I have played have had no 'lag' as in my nades come out super fast (almost as fast as if you were host in H3 360). The shot detection is definitely a little wonky; have to lead your shots a bit more than usual for sure but its a relatively simple adjustment.

^forgot to hit multi-quote, this was posted by My Namez BEAST.

I mean the first example you showed you weren't leading at all.. those wouldn't have hit in H3 360 either. Def have to lead a little bit more though at long distances. 

Anyways.. I've been having lots of fun with H3 Hardcore. Feels like its 2009 with the grinding I'm doing lols. Hit this the other day, definitely one of the best clips I've gotten in my entire halo playing career:

Dam that was nice.

shocked_joey_friends.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

The point of the clip was to show how aiming on someone doesn't even hurt them at all. The next part was showing how much you actually have to lead at that distance. Trust me the first part would've hit on OG I've tested it split screen. I have another clip I'll post soon. Nice clip btw!

I really don't think it would have hit. Your aimer was almost behind the guy. On LAN maybe it would have, but on xbl? Not a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't think it would have hit. Your aimer was almost behind the guy. On LAN maybe it would have, but on xbl? Not a chance.

I just tested on my Xbox 360 and you can easily strip someone's shields from that range without leading at all. Both games I tested were split screen. On the 360 you barely have to lead and I mean barely. MCC definitely has bullet speed issues.

So was anyone here an AR scrub when you first started playing Halo 1 for the first time on MCC? I would like to ask one of these people a few questions

What was going through your head trying to AR people across the map?

If youre being killed by a pistol over and over, wasn't that a sign that you should maybe use yours instead of an AR?

Were you just generally unaware that you had a pistol as a secondary weapon?

Blows my mind man. No where near a top Halo player, but when I played Halo 1 the first time on MCC, it took me 2 seconds to figure out the pistol was the gun I should be using. Hell, even my friends figured it out within seconds. Not trying to be a super cool douchebag, but it's one of the stupidest things I've ever witnessed in video games.

My first ever LAN experience with Halo 1 was a 1v1 against a classmate. It was pistol starts only and the first thing that came to my mind was to stick him with plasma grenades because I couldn't out shoot him lol.

My first ever LAN experience with Halo 1 was a 1v1 against a classmate. It was pistol starts only and the first thing that came to my mind was to stick him with plasma grenades because I couldn't out shoot him lol.

That's better than the kids who started with Halo 3 who's first thought was rush for the double melee. Reach only made it worse by adding the sprinting double melee.

To me one of CE's greatest strengths is the weak melee. It's a first person SHOOTER, not a first person puncher.

That's better than the kids who started with Halo 3 who's first thought was rush for the double melee. Reach only made it worse by adding the sprinting double melee

yeah but where would we be without the term 'herpderp' that came from this
  • Upvote (+1) 1

when no one knows what they're doing ti does last forever. in reality it should go on for at most 25minutes assuming 2 kills/power up cycle, shorter than some 4v4 games. But if you avg 4 kills per power up cycle it goes down to 12.5minutes which is usually about right.

Nade camo down, nade snipe to yourself on red base, get os rockets and kill them from the pit.

Halo 3 has the best vehicle sandbox idc. Everything has a considerable amount of health to make them worth while, everything handles awesome (drive the h2a mongoose and see how clunky it is) and there's some really cool dynamics between vehicles. Hog hornet, chopper hog, hornet wraith, etc.

And then we have the mantis.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man I love getting people on my team who literally don't shutup for 2 seconds in the lobby, but as soon as the game starts they don't say a word.

Halo 3 has the best vehicle sandbox idc. Everything has a considerable amount of health to make them worth while, everything handles awesome (drive the h2a mongoose and see how clunky it is) and there's some really cool dynamics between vehicles. Hog hornet, chopper hog, hornet wraith, etc.

And then we have the mantis.

Don't shoot me for this, but I actually like the Mantis.

Besides that, I'd have to agree.

However, if there's one thing added by 343 that greatly improved vehicles, it's this neat little feature.

Don't shoot me for this, but I actually like the Mantis.

Besides that, I'd have to agree.

However, if there's one thing added by 343 that greatly improved vehicles, it's this neat little feature.

As do i