CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is OS the strongest power position on Prisoner? I know I should ditch it when Rocks spawn, but what about camo? Stay up top or drop? (H1 noob)

you just look for spawners. os is a pretty weak position, its easily naded and you will spawn fuck your teammate. It's ok to chill there but you should rotate between red 3 and red window depending on spawns. Priz is all about spawn killing people so nade common spawns.

you just look for spawners. os is a pretty weak position, its easily naded and you will spawn fuck your teammate. It's ok to chill there but you should rotate between red 3 and red window depending on spawns. Priz is all about spawn killing people so nade common spawns.

We are talking about h1 here, right?

H1 is all about spawn killing....

Ya... That's the ticket.

Ya... That's the ticket.

well its like that in every halo, but priz is arguably the smallest map in the series. So when you see where they spawn, you kill them. Just like all the other halos except theres no places to hide on priz.

Maps where spawn killing is part of the meta:

h2:

midship

lockout

warlock

sanctuary

h3:

guardian

amplified and onslaught (this one is ridic)

narrows

construct

pit

heretic

hr:

zealot

countdown

sanc

maps where spawn killing aren't part of the meta:

chiron

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ya... That's the ticket.

Dude I like you but you have the completely wrong idea about h1. Fuck all spawn killing happens. If you are spawn killed it's because your team mate is an asshole or rng. Meaning if you and your partner both die and you (or both) spawn into a nade/snipe/rocket. It was unlucky- happens more often on priz because of how small the map is but just play the damn game and you'll know!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Dude I like you but you have the completely wrong idea about h1. Fuck all spawn killing happens. If you are spawn killed it's because your team mate is an asshole or rng. Meaning if you and your partner both die and you (or both) spawn into a nade/snipe/rocket. It was unlucky- happens more often on priz because of how small the map is but just play the damn game and you'll know!

People here know I know spawn killing isn't the big picture for h1. When anyone even suggests that spawn killing is a fun play style I harp on them. To me each evolution of the spawn engine repeatedly got more complicated and refined to eliminate spawn killing. Which I think should never exist in any shooter.

It's funny how people talk about abuse of game mechanics but when it comes to spawn killing it is satisfying.

People here know I know spawn killing isn't the big picture for h1. When anyone even suggests that spawn killing is a fun play style I harp on them. To me each evolution of the spawn engine repeatedly got more complicated and refined to eliminate spawn killing. Which I think should never exist in any shooter.

It's funny how people talk about abuse of game mechanics but when it comes to spawn killing it is satisfying.

I shan't be one of them cunts who harps on and explains away as if you've no idea but from seeing a few of your posts on h1 I think it's fair to say you probably haven't played "enough" of it. Play it, play it! You'll love it and yeah proper spawn killing is trash but I still wouldn't have it any other way in gaylo 1th.

I Figured that but I have no idea what it could have been.

Immersion crates

• Upvote (+1) 3

I usually just nade spam anywhere because I can't predict spawns too well. I need to learn some weapon launching asap.. especially for damnation/HeH..

Holy fuck the Hornet is OP as shit in H3. Such a stupid vehicle. At least in H2A you can destroy it. Not in H3 that shit just tanks and murders.

Back in the days on avalanche the Hornet couldn't use rockets(Can it now?). Basically you wouldn't be able to kill it, and it wouldn't be able to kill you assuming you had above average awareness and was able to circle around an object to hide from it.

It goes down pretty quick if you have a Spartan laser, hog, plasma grenade, rocket if your patient, sniper to head.  If you have some team coordination you can even gun it down with a BR or AR. 

Back in the days on avalanche the Hornet couldn't use rockets(Can it now?). Basically you wouldn't be able to kill it, and it wouldn't be able to kill you assuming you had above average awareness and was able to circle around an object to hide from it.

It goes down pretty quick if you have a Spartan laser, hog, plasma grenade, rocket if your patient, sniper to head. If you have some team coordination you can even gun it down with a BR or AR.

Yea I was on Avalanche but my team was all camping the middle doorway. So the Hornet would just fly behind us and rape and you literally can't shoot it down without a laser. Even if it takes a while to kill you it's a huge problem and an annoyance.

No it doesn't have rockets in H3 thank The Lord. That thing on Bloodline is ridiculous.

Yea I was on Avalanche but my team was all camping the middle doorway. So the Hornet would just fly behind us and rape and you literally can't shoot it down without a laser. Even if it takes a while to kill you it's a huge problem and an annoyance.

No it doesn't have rockets in H3 thank The Lord. That thing on Bloodline is ridiculous.

Yes, It's not so easy when your teammates doesn't have thumbs. 

Do you know how I add text over my profile picture btw?

the hornet does have rockets in h3 just not on avalanche.

also you can kill the hornet, it just takes a team effort. You can't just have 1 guy shoot it. Not to mention the turret on rocket spawn will wreck it, even if the hornet shoots at you first.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So was anyone here an AR scrub when you first started playing Halo 1 for the first time on MCC? I would like to ask one of these people a few questions

What was going through your head trying to AR people across the map?

If youre being killed by a pistol over and over, wasn't that a sign that you should maybe use yours instead of an AR?

Were you just generally unaware that you had a pistol as a secondary weapon?

Blows my mind man. No where near a top Halo player, but when I played Halo 1 the first time on MCC, it took me 2 seconds to figure out the pistol was the gun I should be using. Hell, even my friends figured it out within seconds. Not trying to be a super cool douchebag, but it's one of the stupidest things I've ever witnessed in video games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So was anyone here an AR scrub when you first started playing Halo 1 for the first time on MCC? I would like to ask one of these people a few questions

What was going through your head trying to AR people across the map?

If youre being killed by a pistol over and over, wasn't that a sign that you should maybe use yours instead of an AR?

Were you just generally unaware that you had a pistol as a secondary weapon?

Blows my mind man. No where near a top Halo player, but when I played Halo 1 the first time on MCC, it took me 2 seconds to figure out the pistol was the gun I should be using. Hell, even my friends figured it out within seconds. Not trying to be a super cool douchebag, but it's one of the stupidest things I've ever witnessed in video games.

There is some really dumb people in the H1 playlist, hence why I refuse to search alone in it majority of the time.

the hornet does have rockets in h3 just not on avalanche.

also you can kill the hornet, it just takes a team effort. You can't just have 1 guy shoot it. Not to mention the turret on rocket spawn will wreck it, even if the hornet shoots at you first.

It takes around 5 BR clips to take it down. The odds of having multiple people look at it, fire, and hit all their bullets with the H3 BR are slim to none. It's almost as bad as the banshee.

There is some really dumb people in the H1 playlist, hence why I refuse to search alone in it majority of the time.

Are you running a program or some shit that alerts you anytime Halo 1 is mentioned?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you running a program or some shit that alerts you anytime Halo 1 is mentioned?

LOL try to be nice to someone and get roasted for no reason, no wonder I am an ass to everyone.

If you want to have a somewhat decent player on your team, let me know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It takes around 5 BR clips to take it down. The odds of having multiple people look at it, fire, and hit all their bullets with the H3 BR are slim to none. It's almost as bad as the banshee.

theres no place for him to hide tho. it takes 5 full clips from full health yeah, but you'll damage it with just like 2which he wont get back. Plus you have 2 warthogs, your own hornet/banshee, your own rocket, your own powerdrain, your own turret. like fuck man, it aint a big deal

theres no place for him to hide tho. it takes 5 full clips from full health yeah, but you'll damage it with just like 2which he wont get back. Plus you have 2 warthogs, your own hornet/banshee, your own rocket, your own powerdrain, your own turret. like fuck man, it aint a big deal

Hornet melts a warthog. And the point is that the Hornet just has to watch the middle doorway and hold R. You literally can't do a thing to it if it stays on their side and does that. That's exactly what happens most of the time. Your only hope is getting the spartan laser and hitting it from where it spawns which is wide open. Good luck rocketing a hornet. Dude the hornet on Avalanche is a nightmare if you play against competent people.

In general vehicles in Halo 3 are tanks. Without rockets or a Splaser you are gonna get murdered.

Halo 1!!!! Now that I got your attention.

How do you write text over your profile picture?

Halo 1!!!! Now that I got your attention.

How do you write text over your profile picture?

Unreal man...

If you're not Premium then one of the mods has to do it for you.

• Upvote (+1) 1