CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Probably going to stop playing Hardcore because of H3. Game is literal trash, and is anything but competitive. Combine that with one of the worst map pools in comp Halo and you got yourself a real bad time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It was a mistake in terms of multiplayer. All the weapons in CE were designed around the campaign. The multiplayer was an after thought that was controlled by a handful of people (mainly map designers) that designed the multiplayer around the existing weapons.

??? Yes, the weapons were designed around campaign, but they clearly thought about MP, since weapon balancing was different there. 

EagleBurn isn't completely off concerning the multiplayer being an afterthought - but it's not like it was put together by a bunch of interns. The design philosophy behind CE's multiplayer was established by a different Multiplayer Design Lead than the sequels. Sure it uses the same sandbox that was designed around the single player, but all the other elements of the multiplayer suit that sandbox quite nicely - you can even see from another of Hardy's blogs that there were certain aspects of the multiplayer environment that can be found in single-player (powerups on maps, plasma pistol tracking, etc).

So SP/MP were never really mutually exclusive, but it does seem like the focus was mainly on the single-player sandbox.

So he doesn't regret making it a tsk, just regrets not enough spread.

Oohhhh boy would he enjoy MCC then

I know, I know - it's not necessarily the spread that's the current issue with the MCC pistol - but it sure as hell feels like it sometimes on Hang 'Em. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

??? Yes, the weapons were designed around campaign, but they clearly thought about MP, since weapon balancing was different there. 

-snip-

I didn't say that they didn't put any thought into multiplayer, just that the CE pistol and it's strength was because it was designed around the campaign first. The pistol wasn't famous because of the recoil (though it did help), it was because of the strength, which in terms of multiplayer, was a lucky mistake.

I don't understand how games can start with nobody else but my team in the game. Do i get penalised if i quit this?

Make sure you always wait a little, sometimes people join really late. Like really late, cos yknow. . 343 are good devs and all that jazz.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably going to stop playing Hardcore because of H3. Game is literal trash, and is anything but competitive. Combine that with one of the worst map pools in comp Halo and you got yourself a real bad time.

I understand the shot registration is complete ass, but I'd take Pit, Guardian, and Narrows over most maps in Halo history. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't understand how games can start with nobody else but my team in the game. Do i get penalised if i quit this?

A lot of people do this intentionally; especially if you match them constantly and outvote them on something they don't want to play (This is probably infamous in the doubles playlist when you pick H2 over H3). What they'll do is wait for the game to start loading, and then just quit the build. Doing this, they don't get a loss and they keep you in a match for 12-15 minutes so they don't have to match you again. If you wait it out though, you should get the win.

Make sure you always wait a little, sometimes people join really late. Like really late, cos yknow. . 343 are good devs and all that jazz.

I've had that happen before. Teammate betrayed me then quit so I just quit too. Might have counted as a loss but who knows.

I've had that happen before. Teammate betrayed me then quit so I just quit too. Might have counted as a loss but who knows.

Probably a win.

A lot of people do this intentionally; especially if you match them constantly and outvote them on something they don't want to play (This is probably infamous in the doubles playlist when you pick H2 over H3). What they'll do is wait for the game to start loading, and then just quit the build. Doing this, they don't get a loss and they keep you in a match for 12-15 minutes so they don't have to match you again. If you wait it out though, you should get the win.

Pretty sure I got penalised in some way for quitting out because I haven't ranked up when I should have. I'd have waited it out if my teammate didn't betray me. Think it may have been a loss either way then but not exactly sure.

If you quit it's definitely a loss. I know that for certainty because I was playing on an alternate at level 3 and this happened, I quit, and deranked to a level 2. This has happened to me a few times where I waited it out and I've gone up a level. Not every time but a few times it's happened (because you don't always go up a level after a win).

The idea that this game may stay this way forever is so depressing. I guess it's time to move on. :(

Yeah, I'm not angry about it anymore.  I'm just disappointed in you 343. #dad

This is 343 we are taking about. You get penalized for starting up the game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I understand the shot registration is complete ass, but I'd take Pit, Guardian, and Narrows over most maps in Halo history. 

3 of the most overrated Halo maps in Halo history imo. 2 of those are just linear aggression with little to not tactics, and the other is a bad Lockout, which was already considered "meh".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is there a way to tell if someone has OS in CE because I can't see the difference. Or maybe the shot registration is really that bad? lol

Is there a way to tell if someone has OS in CE because I can't see the difference. Or maybe the shot registration is really that bad? lol

The shot reg is RNG city. The only way to tell if someone has OS is if they pick it up whilst oneshot, as when you shoot them you will see no shield flare when they have the OS.