CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Seriously?? Why did they announce it like it would be exactly as originally shipped and make it a point to specify that the old graphics would be available if it's only for campaign?? No one gives a shit about the campaign, Halo 2 is known for it's legendary multiplayer. What a horribly misleading announcement whoever that was on the stage from Microsoft.

I care about the campaign

Seriously?? Why did they announce it like it would be exactly as originally shipped and make it a point to specify that the old graphics would be available if it's only for campaign?? No one gives a shit about the campaign, Halo 2 is known for it's legendary multiplayer. What a horribly misleading announcement whoever that was on the stage from Microsoft.

The multiplayer still is exactly the same, graphics and old.

I care about the campaign

Sorry didn't mean to sound like an ass I was just gonna say that's extremely misleading of them to advertise something so prominently that wouldn't be available for multiplayer which is what most people are interested in.

I'm sorry, but if you still don't understand how the MCC works then you need some help. All you have to do is listen to what they said at E3, in their blog posts, at RTX, etc. It's all clearly explained.

I understand if you are just now catching up on all this stuff and didn't watch the announcements or official stuff, but I have seen people who i know for a fact have been following this since E3 who are still confused or clueless abouts things that have been explained numerous times by developers and on these forums.

I don't know if people were expecting something else and refuse to accept it for what it is, or what. Its just annoying seeing people up in arms over something that everyone else already knows about or something they obviously don't understand.

/rant

EDIT: Not directed at any one person, just in general.

• Upvote (+1) 6

How about we try to keep the OP with a sort of FAQ? I think that may decrease the amount of questions people will be asking

• Upvote (+1) 1

Phew, so there will be an option for both?

The "new" graphics are just for the six H2A maps. Classic Halo 2 is the same, except in 1080p 60fps. Superbouncing is out as a result of the updated graphics, but otherwise identical gameplay-wise.

If you're talking about the classic H2 MP, then the graphics will still look like original H2 did, just upscaled to 1080, It will look much smoother, but still retain the "H2" feel. Campaign is where it will look a lot different, just like Ascension did in the E3 reveal.

The "new" graphics are just for the six H2A maps. Classic Halo 2 is the same, except in 1080p 60fps. Superbouncing is out as a result of the updated graphics, but otherwise identical gameplay-wise.

Major downer about the superbouncing...but great to hear the classic h2 will have a 1080p refinishing.

If you're talking about the classic H2 MP, then the graphics will still look like original H2 did, just upscaled to 1080, It will look much smoother, but still retain the "H2" feel. Campaign is where it will look a lot different, just like Ascension did in the E3 reveal.

Again, great to hear classic h2 will have a retouched and smoother feel. Which do you think ppl will play more in MP, the 6 maps that have new graphics version or classic?

Again, great to hear classic h2 will have a retouched and smoother feel. Which do you think ppl will play more in MP, the 6 maps that have new graphics version or classic?

Halo 1

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 1

Really?? I highly doubt that. Halo 2 is the one that got it all started regarding online, and no ones played it for years. Halo CE anniversary has been out already.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

H1 as much as I wish it would be the biggest for comp players is definitely going to be either 3rd or 4th in playlists

Really?? I highly doubt that. Halo 2 is the one that got it all started regarding online, and no ones played it for years. Halo CE anniversary has been out already.

haha, I'm just kidding because I'll be playing it more than any other.  I guarantee that H2A playlists have the biggest population upon release and the first couple of months.

We don't know if those are multiplayer leaderboards, or for the campaign high scores they showed right before that screen.

My guess would be multiplayer considering 343's approach to the competitive community and it is a multiplayer screenshot, however I think the use of the word "or" is a little misleading as it suggests there are only two options (campaign or multiplayer), it could easily be both.

H1 as much as I wish it would be the biggest for comp players is definitely going to be either 3rd or 4th in playlists

As far as competition goes I'm kinda curious where Halo goes long term.  I guarantee there will always be a market for H1 as long as we can play it online.  I don't feel H2 has that.  It will no doubt dominate the competitive scene in the beginning because of all the hype(H2A) but I feel it will suffer from fracturing as people try out H5 and some people even prefer H3 to H2.  H1 honestly stands out as a distinctive experience that(as people begin to learn it) offers a more fun/competitive experience in the long term.

I completely support any type of Halo competition though because I feel that any exposure benefits all the games as they are on 1 disc and offer extreme accessibility to one another.  MCC will be truly great for competitive Halo and Halo overall because of this accessibility.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As far as competition goes I'm kinda curious where Halo goes long term. I guarantee there will always be a market for H1 as long as we can play it online. I don't feel H2 has that. It will no doubt dominate the competitive scene in the beginning because of all the hype(H2A) but I feel it will suffer from fracturing as people try out H5 and some people even prefer H3 to H2. H1 honestly stands out as a distinctive experience that(as people begin to learn it) offers a more fun/competitive experience in the long term.

I completely support any type of Halo competition though because I feel that any exposure benefits all the games as they are on 1 disc and offer extreme accessibility to one another. MCC will be truly great for competitive Halo and Halo overall because of this accessibility.

Does Halo 2 Anniversary refer to the 6 maps w enhanced XB1 graphics?

Phew, so there will be an option for both?

The Halo 2 as you remember it will only be available with the old graphics.

The "new" Halo 2(The Ascension demo) for all intents and purposes is a new game trying to emulate the feel of Halo 2. Think Reach's Anniversary playlist, but with the weapons and engine actually fully tweaked to feel like Halo 2.

Does Halo 2 Anniversary refer to the 6 maps w enhanced XB1 graphics?

As far as multiplayer goes, yes.

But we never got Halo 1 MP in CEA.

Halo 2 will most likely be most played all around though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

IMO the classic H2. People will get bored of the same 6 maps, especially if they're just a 4v4 player or just a BTB player, you're looking at only 2 or 3 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Halo 2 as you remember it will only be available with the old graphics.

The "new" Halo 2(The Ascension demo) for all intents and purposes is a new game trying to emulate the feel of Halo 2. Think Reach's Anniversary playlist, but with the weapons and engine actually fully tweaked to feel like Halo 2.

As far as multiplayer goes, yes.

I'm not sure I understand - what makes it like Reach or diff than it originally was other than the graphics?