CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I am super pumped about this. I have come out of hibernation and am going to buy an Xbox One just for this! A couple things I am confused about though:

1. First I read that each game would be available to play multiplayer on individually, then I read that they will all be combined into one? I don't understand. Will there not be an exclusive Halo 2 matchmaking setup that is identical to the original, with only and all Halo 2 maps? I don't see how they would combine maps/gameplay from each game into one multiplayer universe, or how two ppl could pop in 2 different games and still play each other.

2. Lastly, I initially heard in the video of the announcement made on stage by the Microsoft executive that in the middle of playing Halo 2 multiplayer you would be able to instantly switch back and forth between classic and updated graphics (on the

select maps that were retouched.) Then I read that you would not be able to play against someone who is using the updated graphics while you are using the classic graphics. Which is it? Thanks!

1. Yes, each multiplayer will have seperate playlist to play on. There will also be some playlist that have only certain games (ex. Team Snipers had H1, H2, and H3 though it was probably a placeholder).\\

2. Yea in campaign you can switch from classic to new instantly, multiplayer you wont.

1. Yes, each multiplayer will have seperate playlist to play on. There will also be some playlist that have only certain games (ex. Team Snipers had H1, H2, and H3 though it was probably a placeholder).\\

2. Yea in campaign you can switch from classic to new instantly, multiplayer you wont.

Ok cool, thanks. Why did I read in another article that the games would not be available in multiplayer/matchmaking individually?

Ok cool, thanks. Why did I read in another article that the games would not be available in multiplayer/matchmaking individually?

there will be a single, shared user interface for all the games. Some playlists will feature multuiple games, some will be devoted to 1 game, the playlists have not(and probably will not) be decided until launch but we have been promised both mixed and dedicated experiences.

there will be a single, shared user interface for all the games. Some playlists will feature multuiple games, some will be devoted to 1 game, the playlists have not(and probably will not) be decided until launch but we have been promised both mixed and dedicated experiences.

What do you mean exactly by a shared user interface, and how can two different games be on the same playlist, don't they have different maps/ graphics?

If I was Ogre 2 I would just send one tweet to that man on the day the MCC drops...

"prisoner.....1v1....bitch"

and stream it

• Upvote (+1) 2

It made you want to jerk off two dudes?

I think you'll find its called "going skiing"

• Upvote (+1) 3

What do you mean exactly by a shared user interface, and how can two different games be on the same playlist, don't they have different maps/ graphics?

In the mixed game playlists, whichever map gets voted for, the game will load up that engine. After the game, you'll be booted back to the lobby where you can search again.

In the mixed game playlists, whichever map gets voted for, the game will load up that engine. After the game, you'll be booted back to the lobby where you can search again.

Gotcha. Please tell me there will be a Team Slayer exclusively for Halo 2?

How exactly will the two different versions (updated and non) be divided? Will there be a Team Slayer for old graphics and a Team Slayer for the new?

How exactly will the two different versions (updated and non) be divided? Will there be a Team Slayer for old graphics and a Team Slayer for the new?

Yea, Halo 2 Anniversary gets it's own playlist and Halo 2 remastered gets one too.

Gotcha. Please tell me there will be a Team Slayer exclusively for Halo 2?

How are we supposed to tell you what we don't know?

So far, all signs point to no. Things may change, but people expecting competitive playlists, game AND gametype specific playlists, and dedicated doubles/FFA experiences might want to brace themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea, Halo 2 Anniversary gets it's own playlist and Halo 2 remastered gets one too.

Cool, thx. I wonder which one more people will play? I popped it in the other day just to take a trip down memory lane and surprisingly the graphics have held up!

Did I miss the Leaderboard in TMCC discussion? Nobody cared about it at all?  :(

i did

But we have NO info atm for them so Not that much to talk about .

the Big ? for is will the Ranks be in game or how will they work from Game to game/ playlist to playlist

that's the info i want

• Upvote (+1) 1

i did

But we have NO info atm for them so Not that much to talk about .

the Big ? for is will the Ranks be in game or how will they work from Game to game/ playlist to playlist

that's the info i want

Even tho is a work in progress, having the option there is huge. Is more realistic than brand new ranks. It's quite interesting.

For anyone who didn't see the Leaderboard part, here you go!

(Options & Career - RTX 2014)

Uyu6Ni5.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Classic H2 MP won't have the original graphics option as far as I'm aware. It will be an upscaled 1080p 60FPS classic H2 MP and then Campaign you can switch between the old graphics and the completely new graphics. 

Classic H2 MP won't have the original graphics option as far as I'm aware. It will be an upscaled 1080p 60FPS classic H2 MP and then Campaign you can switch between the old graphics and the completely new graphics.

Seriously?? Why did they announce it like it would be exactly as originally shipped and make it a point to specify that the old graphics would be available if it's only for campaign?? No one gives a shit about the campaign, Halo 2 is known for it's legendary multiplayer. What a horribly misleading announcement whoever that was on the stage from Microsoft.

Even tho is a work in progress, having the option there is huge. Is more realistic than brand new ranks. It's quite interesting.

For anyone who didn't see the Leaderboard part, here you go!

(Options & Career - RTX 2014)

Uyu6Ni5.jpg

We don't know if those are multiplayer leaderboards, or for the campaign high scores they showed right before that screen.