CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Welp, CE train ends with hang 'em high. Being 3 shot across the map by someone headglitching a wall and spawning on the bottom every time sure is fun. 

cheap kills aren't rewarding. 

Just wait til you're the one orchestrating a perfect trap.  You'd be surprised.

Also, don't vote Hang Em.  Worst map in the playlist currently.  Shit is just a connection test.  Great on LAN though.

I like dueling opponents. I don't like spawn killing or being spawn killed. 

I'll sit on a ledge and intimidate you to make a move, but if you're just on the bottom of the map with no cover waiting to spawn into my grenades, I don't find those kills rewarding in the slightest. It bores me. 

Prisoner, Dammy and Chill Out are great mind-game maps and everything I love about Doubles is exemplified in Rat Race. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

or one team gets lucky when my teammate and i spawn in a corner into their grenades.

it's probably just maps like that. i didn't have any trouble with spawns on dammy or chill out.

Luck is not really involved except on hang em high because it's full of random spawns. The rest of the maps have very few if any randoms. If this doesn't make sense to you, you need to study up on the spawn system

Does Prisoner always have lobsided spawns? The game started and all i did was jump, grab rockets and kill two people right off of their spawn. 

I like dueling opponents. I don't like spawn killing or being spawn killed. 

I'll sit on a ledge and intimidate you to make a move, but if you're just on the bottom of the map with no cover waiting to spawn into my grenades, I don't find those kills rewarding in the slightest. It bores me. 

I strongly recommend you spend a few minutes on www.halospawns.com  At least then you'll know how the system works and how you can use it to your advantage.  It really makes the game a lot deeper when you can intentionally spawn your teammate in specific spots, or predict where your opponent's teammate will spawn.  It's not the joy of the spawnkill itself that's fun, its the application of knowledge.  You're punishing your opponent for not giving his teammate a better spawn, and you're rewarded for knowing the game.  When both teams know how to use it, it's just understood that spawnkills are a part of the game sometimes.  If you're both dead and you spawn on a grenade, theres about a 1 in 25 chance of that happening and you just got shit luck that time.  But if your partner is alive, it's his fault for spawning you there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also regarding Hang Em - if Hang Em 2v2 CTF is voted and you're on red team... run. Run for your life.

I've won from Red plenty of times.  If you get a two down and your team has a snipe, you should be able to keep at least one dead for like 3 spawns, because most of the blue spawns are on front of the tower.  I feel like it's a lot easier to spawn kill from Red.  However, it does suck dealing with a camo sniper who stays on Z ramp the whole time.

I strongly recommend you spend some a few minutes on www.halospawns.com  At least then you'll know how the system works and how you can use it to your advantage.  It really makes the game a lot deeper when you can intentionally spawn your teammate in specific spots, or predict where your opponent's teammate will spawn.  It's not the joy of the spawnkill itself that's fun, its the application of knowledge.  You're punishing your opponent for not giving his teammate a better spawn, and you're rewarded for knowing the game.  When both teams know how to use it, it's just understood that spawnkills are a part of the game sometimes.  If you're both dead and you spawn on a grenade, theres about a 1 in 25 chance of that happening and you just got shit luck that time.  But if your partner is alive, it's his fault for spawning you there.

I respect that part of the game and appreciate the advice, but I'm really only making casual conversation. It's 14 years old and I'm not playing MCC again next month so i'm not interested in learning an old spawn engine unless it's in the next game. Just wanted to go on record and say I had fun playing something other than Halo 4 tonight. 

Does Prisoner always have lobsided spawns? The game started and all i did was jump, grab rockets and kill two people right off of their spawn. 

Every starting spawn is absolutely random.  Sometimes both of you will spawn OS 3 and be gifted full map control right off the start.  Other times people spawn OS 2 and Back Wall and its just a pistol fight right off the bat.  Its different every time and you have to be ready for anything when the game starts.

Every starting spawn is absolutely random.  Sometimes both of you will spawn OS 3 and be gifted full map control right off the start.  Other times people spawn OS 2 and Back Wall and its just a pistol fight right off the bat.  Its different every time and you have to be ready for anything when the game starts.

Sounds like an easy way to avoid flaws in map design with uneven spawns. It would explain why Red Team didn't have to run on my HEH game when they spawned up top and we spawned camo. 

I respect that part of the game and appreciate the advice, but I'm really only making casual conversation. It's 14 years old and I'm not playing MCC again next month so i'm not interested in learning an old spawn engine unless it's in the next game. Just wanted to go on record and say I had fun playing something other than Halo 4 tonight. 

It really doesn't take that long to learn, and you'll enjoy the game so much more.  Theres a reason why so many of us on here are adamant that H1 is the best Halo, and the spawn system metagame is a HUGE part of that.  Just do yourself a favor and spend 5 minutes on halospawns.  Read the main page and walk around on a map so you get the idea.  Seriously, 5 minutes and it'll completely change your Halo 1 experience for the better.  You may even find yourself wanting to play it after H5 comes out.  You definitely won't have the same frustration with the spawns as you did earlier.

It really doesn't take that long to learn, and you'll enjoy the game so much more.  Theres a reason why so many of us on here are adamant that H1 is the best Halo, and the spawn system metagame is a HUGE part of that.  Just do yourself a favor and spend 5 minutes on halospawns.  Read the main page and walk around on a map so you get the idea.  Seriously, 5 minutes and it'll completely change your Halo 1 experience for the better.  You may even find yourself wanting to play it after H5 comes out.  You definitely won't have the same frustration with the spawns as you did earlier.

Alright I'll look at it tomorrow then when the :salt: from that game dries up. Can't have a closed mind if I'm going to be forging anything. 

I think it's the best game too. There's something magical about shooting power ups down and just pistoling your way to victory. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright I'll look at it tomorrow then when the salt from that game dries up. Can't have a closed mind if I'm going to be forging anything. 

lol fair enough.  Feel free to add me if you feel like playing sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So random question/riddle

First Halo i played was Halo CE on launch

First Halo multiplayer I LANed was Halo 2

First Halo I played online was Halo 3

Favorite Halo multiplayer is Reach (not default)

Does that make me a Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 or Reach kid? 

lol fair enough.  Feel free to add me if you feel like playing sometime.

Might take you up on that. Doubles isn't fun when you don't have a reliable teammate who knows what they're doing. I'd rather be that person than have that person on my team lol 

Spawn systems generally go over my head though, especially because it keeps changing every game. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

So random question/riddle

First Halo i played was Halo CE on launch

First Halo multiplayer I LANed was Halo 2

First Halo I played online was Halo 3

Favorite Halo multiplayer is Reach (not default)

Does that make me a Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 or Reach kid? 

I feel like that's something you should answer for yourself. Most people are deemed "X kids" by playing a certain game a lot (mostly out of passion for it), so it's for the most part about which ever game you played and enjoyed the most I think.

Look back at whatever truly defined Halo to you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also, don't vote Hang Em.  Worst map in the playlist currently.  Shit is just a connection test.  Great on LAN though.

I dont think so. A trap implies you cornered them and they have no chance. How is that fun?