CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

AAs destroyed the maps in CE Anniversary. So did it being built in the reach engine 

So did it being built in the reach engine

Exploding-head.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Aiming in Halo 3 is virtually identical to CE and Halo 2. You people are crazy."

Quote from Neogaf

#Justcasualthings

I am not too surprised at the fact that people are so against the jetpack, as many have the bad image of loadout/AA jetpack stuck in there head, but i think it ABSOLUTELY can be made to work in halo as a map pickup, with a limited charge. I dont think i would want to see more than 1 on a map, and certainly not on every map. But i think its totally unfair to say the jetpack is totally map breaking in any shape or form. Its really not much different than the camo powerup if used in my context, teams will have to go get it just like camo, and it will allow you to move around the map much easier for a limited amount of time. That sounds balanced to me. The people here arguing that a jetpack can be a legitimate item are NOT arguing for the AA/loadout jetpack, but a tweaked version. Its not hard to comprehend. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am not too surprised at the fact that people are so against the jetpack, as many have the bad image of loadout/AA jetpack stuck in there head, but i think it ABSOLUTELY can be made to work in halo as a map pickup, with a limited charge. I dont think i would want to see more than 1 on a map, and certainly not on every map. But i think its totally unfair to say the jetpack is totally map breaking in any shape or form. Its really not much different than the camo powerup if used in my context, teams will have to go get it just like camo, and it will allow you to move around the map much easier for a limited amount of time. That sounds balanced to me. The people here arguing that a jetpack can be a legitimate item are NOT arguing for the AA/loadout jetpack, but a tweaked version. Its not hard to comprehend. 

I'm not a fan of the jetpack because the maps then have to be made to accommodate them. I would rather have maps with strategy and positioning as a focus. Camo allows you to sneak around the map a bit easier but it doesn't allow you to gain the high ground automatically like the jetpack does.

I think less is definitely more in the case of Halo powerups and abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow looking over my H2 stats for both of my old tags ive played over 12k games and a rough estimate of 30-50 days worth of time spent in game and who knows how long I've spent in lobbies just talking. Halo 2 was definitely the goat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Through modding, it would function more or less like that.

Personally, I'd rather see a much slower consumption rate, with no recharge at all. Unless that is what you described. In which case, that is entirely possible.

Yes, that's what I was describing.

So is this the new ORD?

Seems like it

You even have some people already getting salty as hell from a video game debate that's kind of irrelevant now

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of the jetpack because the maps then have to be made to accommodate them. I would rather have maps with strategy and positioning as a focus. Camo allows you to sneak around the map a bit easier but it doesn't allow you to gain the high ground automatically like the jetpack does.

I think less is definitely more in the case of Halo powerups and abilities.

I see what you mean, but i think the Jetpack can be tweaked to a point where it could work in a halo 1 style of halo and on maps styled like that. My ideal jetpack would be one that would give you maybe 6 seconds of continuous jetpack time before it runs out and disappears. it would slowly propel you straight up into the air or at a slight angle to the sides, forward, or backwords. It wouldnt move you well at all side to side and would be pretty loud and give off a fairly large flame burst to make you pretty visible, and would have to be used smartly or else those factors are going to leave u exposed and very weak. plus in a halo 1 style of game with fall damage, if you miscalculate distance or are just jetpacking straight up and derping around trying to shoot people, you are gonna fall to ur death or atleast take significant damage. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Speed boost is an acceptable map pick up, why shouldn't a jet pack be an acceptable map pick up?

whoops, my bad.

i'm not sure if there's been trolling or not going on here.. what i just read were people trying to make logical arguments and a guy just throwing straw man ad-hominems at them. smells like a troll to me but i also know there are people with such narrow minded vision out there as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm not sure if there's been trolling or not going on here.. what i just read were people trying to make logical arguments and a guy just throwing straw man ad-hominems at them. smells like a troll to me but i also know there are people with such narrow minded vision out there as well.

I read most of it and I don't consider that a troll. If it was, who did he possibly troll? That's probably just how he acts all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm having a small H2 lan with a group of people in the coming week or so but I have a quick question. Does anyone remember what the MLG settings and maps were used for H2 in 07? It's been so long since I've played any halo 2 I can't even remember the settings and maps used.

I'm having a small H2 lan with a group of people in the coming week or so but I have a quick question. Does anyone remember what the MLG settings and maps were used for H2 in 07? It's been so long since I've played any halo 2 I can't even remember the settings and maps used.

http://www.forrestheller.com/MLG/

• Upvote (+1) 3

I read most of it and I don't consider that a troll. If it was, who did he possibly troll? That's probably just how he acts all the time.

well, i've known trolls in the do stuff like that just to annoy people and i've also known people to also genuinely think like that which is why i was asking, ihonestly don't know. it smells like a troll but looks genuine ..

So, I'm gonna chime in on some of the discussion over the last 2 or so pages.  I'm going to preface it by saying, I know Larry and Sitri, both are intelligent, competent Halo players, and overall good guys.  Some people just don't have filters and say what's on there minds, that's Larry.  Moving on.

I believe Halo could definitely use a more dynamic and skillful movement mechanic.  Though things like thruster, jetpack, sprint, and evade have been attempted, nothing has really hit the spot.  Maybe Spartan Abilities will fill this niche, I'm currently very apathetic towards Halo 5 and will reserve any hype until I try the beta.  I don't know if there really is a good way to do it, but some ideas have been thrown out there and I don't think they are bad.  Jetpack is not bad to the core, just the implementation.

As for the pickups convo.  Rockets are a necessary evil in Halo.  Yes, they are easy kills that require minimum skill to acquire but no other weapon DEMANDS attention like the Rocket launcher does.  Rockets  make room based maps possible in competitive play.  I think Halo 1 pretty much perfected map pickup balance with effective camo, os, and rockets on set timers and that style should be emulated.

However, if a map is designed in a way that rockets are not necessary or very helpful in forcing map movement they should not be included.  Midship and wizard are good examples of this.  I would like to see the return of some semi power weapons like the grenade launcher and focus rifle in Reach to add a bit more variety to the weapon pool.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow looking over my H2 stats for both of my old tags ive played over 12k games and a rough estimate of 30-50 days worth of time spent in game and who knows how long I've spent in lobbies just talking. Halo 2 was definitely the goat.

I just checked my service record at Bungie and I logged over 21,500 games of Halo 2 (5 different gamertags). That's insane and I don't know how I lived after playing so much, lol.

It made you want to jerk off two dudes?

You have to pay for the Xbox One somehow. That shit's expensive.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I am super pumped about this. I have come out of hibernation and am going to buy an Xbox One just for this! A couple things I am confused about though:

1. First I read that each game would be available to play multiplayer on individually, then I read that they will all be combined into one? I don't understand. Will there not be an exclusive Halo 2 matchmaking setup that is identical to the original, with only and all Halo 2 maps? I don't see how they would combine maps/gameplay from each game into one multiplayer universe, or how two ppl could pop in 2 different games and still play each other.

2. Lastly, I initially heard in the video of the announcement made on stage by the Microsoft executive that in the middle of playing Halo 2 multiplayer you would be able to instantly switch back and forth between classic and updated graphics (on the

select maps that were retouched.) Then I read that you would not be able to play against someone who is using the updated graphics while you are using the classic graphics. Which is it? Thanks!