CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

But Ragnarok/Valhalla is the best!!!!! (Sarcasm). Seriously though that's all anyone votes.

I love Valhalla, but I'm kinda fed up with it in MCC. People need to start voting H2C.

LOL July is over. Two months and nothing from 343

um....maybe you didn't hear but we got action sack
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Significantly.

Had better reg playing columbian hosts on dial-up...

Seriously? That's shocking.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, in regards to MLG

Someone needs to create a Bravo twitter post generator

Delay/Frustrating/soon/team/more on that later/I understand/

• Upvote (+1) 4

This happened on many occasions in the tournament yesterday. I wasn't pleased but what are you gonna do? Bad port + online + my internet = not a fun time.

There was a point where this was happening consistently with BR shots as well. I'd snipe someone or drop their shields some how but still have to 4 or 5 shot them...XBL is a very good training camp for composure.

Significantly.

Had better reg playing columbian hosts on dial-up...

I concur, the netcode was seamless in OG. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know I'm late to the party on this because I dropped MCC for a long time but am now getting back into it and I'm really disappointed w/ the ancillary game features.  Let's start w/ stats.  Like, where are they?  The waypoint stats are garbage.  Getting post game stats is a big draw for people - where's the dedicated phone app w/ comprehensive stats?  Theatre.... that's crap too.  Where are my clips?  All I see are temp files from past game films.  Apparently clips end up on some garbage X1 "Upload" app in super high def 240p?  Am I right about this?  H3 doesn't even record the reticle, and while I could get it to OG 360 theatre w/ yy rs or whatever it doesn't seem to work here - it shows up when reviewing the film but in the recorded clip it's gone and no amount of button pushing seems to retrieve it.  I assume there's some solution to this I'm missing, since I've seen plenty of montage clips with it, although they could be using a capture card or the XBOX record I suppose, but why not fix that ridiculous annoyance?  It seems weird to have all this campaign speed running support, etc. (which is great and I applaud them for supporting this crowd), but it seems like they ought be making film creation as easy as possible since it's a main social outlet for the game.  I don't use forge, but since I'm not seeing any forge playlists I have to assume that doesn't work well either, or maybe they just have been too busy trying to match 8 people consistently they haven't had time to deal w/ any forge activity.  I realize I'm coming to the movie late, so I apologize if I've missed how all this works (and I don't use X1 w/ Kinect, and X1's interface is absolute trash, I wish there was a revert to 360 interface option), but the social aspects of MCC seem a bit hobbled to say the least.  If 343 can't figure out that creating/supporting a social platform is an absolute must in modern gaming.....wtaf   <end whining loop>

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the maps are pretty good really. Just the constant betraying ALL. GAME. LONG.

The maps are all wayyyyyy too big for 8v8 and most are just open plains with no real depth. Super boring every damn time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One of my friends got an Xbone the other day with MCC and I've been teaching him some stuff. It's great though because on his own he's been watching 2gre's and Walshy's videos on callouts as well as he wants to learn CE stuff. It's beautiful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I've been scouting around and I've determined that a primary factor in THE 4's popularity in MCC is that the game guarantees BR starts or similar every single time. Please, 343, do the ethical thing. Kill AR/SMG starts in H2, H3, and H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So I've been scouting around and I've determined that a primary factor in THE 4's popularity in MCC is that the game guarantees BR starts or similar every single time. Please, 343, do the ethical thing. Kill AR/SMG starts in H2, H3, and H2A.

Some interesting comments. Something to keep in mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias

• Upvote (+1) 6

One of my friends got an Xbone the other day with MCC and I've been teaching him some stuff. It's great though because on his own he's been watching 2gre's and Walshy's videos on callouts as well as he wants to learn CE stuff. It's beautiful.

That's awesome considering the modern gamer wants to pick up a game and have instant gratification and success. These kids are growing up on CoD now, they don't know what it was like back in the day when we had to catch our own fish.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like I'm always going to be addicted to Halo; every time I play again I get the itch to play all day everyday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's awesome considering the modern gamer wants to pick up a game and have instant gratification and success. These kids are growing up on CoD now, they don't know what it was like back in the day when we had to catch our own fish.

About the modern gamer... earlier I was watching a video of Destiny, and in the comments, someone said (and I'm paraphrasing) "I'm glad that the announcer has had encouraging lines added to his text when you get medals like double down and the such".

It made me realize that somehow, people REALLY want a little pat in the shoulder for everything. I remember how everyone said having a million different medals for everything was kind of dumb, but somehow, modern gamers like getting recognition no matter what it's for. All that matters is "wow I've been acknowledged", despite how little work it took.

I think it's kind of sad. Not sure what can be done about it. It's the same kind of people who quit as soon as something doesn't go their way.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anybody wanna bet that Rare Replay (30 games in one disc) will have a better launch than MCC? Cuz I think so. :salt: :salt: :salt:

I think it's safe to say any launch from here on out can't possibly be worse than MCC's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody wanna bet that Rare Replay (30 games in one disc) will have a better launch than MCC? Cuz I think so. :salt: :salt: :salt:

nine of them are backwards compat titles from the 360.

But yeah, it'll work better.

• Upvote (+1) 2