CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

so, i'm hoping I'm assuming correctly that there should be a team hardcore playlist for h2 like before? 

Nothing of the sort has been confirmed.

oooof those advanced movement techniques..

well what else am I missing? is there anything else even more wild that I haven't seen?

That trick is only situationally useful as in you would only find doing that usefull if your teammate was dead and both opponents were focused on you. Grenades can tear up an OS so fast so you could rocket jump to safety but you would give your teammate an awful spawn on snipe room. the trick is really only useful if your enemies dont see it coming from an offensive standpoint like one time i jumped up to snipe ran to green and because my opponents could not find me. they watched port due to that trick being so unknown and unused. i got a double kill.

why shouldn't a jet pack be an acceptable map pick up?

Why shouldn't a jetpack be an acceptable map pick up?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because it's bullshit.

It's just another tool to fight over. Are Rockets bullshit because you can one-shot people without even aiming?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's just another tool to fight over. Are Rockets bullshit because you can one-shot people without even aiming?

Yes.

Would the game not be more skilful if it was BR vs BR?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, rockets shape the Halo metagame. Jetpack is just some dumb thing that lets you fly in the air and bypass map geo at will.

Also, next time you play a Halo matchmaking game, please acquire a rocket launcher somehow and then shoot all the rockets without aiming at anything. Tell me how many people you kill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, next time you play a Halo matchmaking game, please acquire a rocket launcher somehow and then shoot all the rockets without aiming at anything. Tell me how many people you kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, rockets shape the Halo metagame. Jetpack is just some dumb thing that lets you fly in the air and bypass map geo at will.

And having a single Jetpack to fight over doesn't shape the metagame in any significant way?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And having a single Jetpack to fight over doesn't shape the metagame in any significant way?

Nope. It contributes nothing of value, so it shouldn't exist in the competitive sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope. It contributes nothing of value, so it shouldn't exist in the competitive sandbox.

It's very easy to say that when ignoring literally any redeeming factor of any element of a game.

Nothing valuable as in "it wasnt in Halo 3 so it cant be good "?

You could get pretty creative with jetpack in Reach MLG settings. Countdown flag comes to mind.

Rockets on the other hand are often just placed on a map because if nobody gets them and collects the 2-4 "free" kills nothing ever happens.

Pit ts/ctf games are a good example for this.

Would the game not be more skilful if it was BR vs BR?

yes, would the game be more skillful if it was ar vs ar?

Jetpack was the biggest waste of resources in Halo. It gave people a vertical movement without having to fight for it. That is completely game-breaking because the high ground in Halo is so valuable. I can't think of one power position in any Halo game that wasn't a high point in the map, and having Jetpack lets you take high ground on any opponent at the press of a button. It's cheap and doesn't belong in Halo what so ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jetpack was the biggest waste of resources in Halo. It gave people a vertical movement without having to fight for it. That is completely game-breaking because the high ground in Halo is so valuable. I can't think of one power position in any Halo game that wasn't a high point in the map, and having Jetpack lets you take high ground on any opponent at the press of a button. It's cheap and doesn't belong in Halo what so ever.

rockets give people free kills without having to fight for it.

ooo, i like this logic.

yes, would the game be more skillful if it was ar vs ar?

I'd say no. Spray 'n' Pray battles vs Precision Battles. BR vs BR is a lot more skillful than AR vs AR. 

I'd say no. Spray 'n' Pray battles vs Precision Battles. BR vs BR is a lot more skillful than AR vs AR.

but the AR requires more time on target and has bloom that needs to be controlled = higher skill. BR is just swipe and hit, piss easy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ooo, i like this logic.

It's not hard to miss a shot with Rockets. The problem with recent Halo games is the rockets(and almost every other weapon in Reach & 4) are too easy to use. Every explosion is so big that anything within 20 ft gets killed. If the explosions are dialed back a little bit, it would make them a lot harder to use. Same with grenades and all the other explosives. 

Nothing valuable as in "it wasnt in Halo 3 so it cant be good "?

More like it wasn't in Halo 1 so it can't be good. I mean if you're gonna play the nostalgia card, at least play the correct one.

You could get pretty creative with jetpack in Reach MLG settings. Countdown flag comes to mind.

So someone makes a kewl jetpack flag toss once every 15 games or something, and that suddenly forgives the fact that it breaks any vertically focused map? Ooookkkkaaaayyyyy.

Rockets on the other hand are often just placed on a map because if nobody gets them and collects the 2-4 "free" kills nothing ever happens.

Pit ts/ctf games are a good example for this.

It's called map flow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

but the AR requires more time on target and has bloom that needs to be controlled = higher skill. BR is just swipe and hit, piss easy.

If you have to swipe every BR shot, then you aren't going to be any better with an AR. I think the majority of people would get that using a precision weapon takes more skill than an automatic, even though the AR has bloom and everything, unless you're trying to kill someone from any kind of distance with the AR, the bloom really doesn't matter. 

ooo, i like this logic.

People don't fight for jetpack, but they do for rockets. Jetpack might be worthy of the sandbox if it was more powerful useful and had limited uses.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not hard to miss a shot with Rockets. The problem with recent Halo games is the rockets(and almost every other weapon in Reach & 4) are too easy to use. Every explosion is so big that anything within 20 ft gets killed. If the explosions are dialed back a little bit, it would make them a lot harder to use. Same with grenades and all the other explosives. 

Halo 4 grenades have a splash damage radius of about 0.3 centimeters. How much smaller do you want it?

Halo 2 and Halo 3 had the paper rockets that you're talking about, and they fucking sucked. They were barely worth making the effort to control. The entire point of rockets is that they're meant to serve as the super weapon/BFG. Their purpose is to direct map traffic. The more powerful they are, the better the job they will do.

• Upvote (+1) 2