CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

At first, I thought Halo 4 being that high surprised me a lot (hell my initial reaction was is this possibly fake) but if you think about it I guess it's right. You have to figure with all the issues MCC has had since November the population of the game has to be somewhat low (guessing now). The players that are still sticking around are probably the ones that stuck around when Halo 4 population counter was hovering around 15-20k or so. I'm guessing a lot of older Halo fans have already given up on the game or moved onto other games while the game was getting patched.

/removestinfoilhat

Personally I avoid anything related to H4 on MCC besides the campaign.

This is basically what I think. Hell, I'm one of those people. I was about to buy an Xbox One and I didn't because of all the issues MCC launched with. If I did own the console and game, I definitely would be playing H2A, H2C, and H3 before Halo 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember when this forum crucified me for not taking Frankie's shit when he dropped by here.

Funny how opinions change.

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Correct sir. 

(0 Friends Online) for almost 2 months now. It's insane.

Wow. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct sir. 

(0 Friends Online) for almost 2 months now. It's insane.

Same here and every game has been insanely laggy as well. I have 90down and 8up. I have only played a handful of games in the last 2 months and since it takes me 10 minutes to turn on my Xbox and have it actually work I just can't find the motivation to play anymore

In before they remove the ce playlist. Seeing h1 so low is depressing but not at all surprising considering the state of the game. I'm sure 343 see it as concrete evidence justifying the development path of halo 5 though. Honestly though, considering everything else is broken, is it too far off to believe their 'population counters' might be as well?

Honestly, if CE wasn't described to be so intimidating here, I would try it out. 

Or if the Skill Matching is perfect I wouldn't mind trying it out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Same here and every game has been insanely laggy as well. I have 90down and 8up. I have only played a handful of games in the last 2 months and since it takes me 10 minutes to turn on my Xbox and have it actually work I just can't find the motivation to play anymore

As I was reading this my cat jumped in my lap and put his nose against my Xbox power button, turning it on. He's never done that.

You, my friend, need a cat. It might help. :kappa:

Honestly, if CE wasn't described to be so intimidating here, I would try it out. 

Never let fear keep you from something. For all you know, it could be the most fun you've ever had in your life...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember when this forum crucified me for not taking Frankie's shit when he dropped by here.

2 seconds and enough people would brownnose again if he came back.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is your second player silver? I'm just trying to figure out the criteria that leads to late starts.

no, he's gold. It's happened 3 times now. Twice to me and once to the opposite team. No rhyme or reason.

I also had a crazy glitch where no one voted and the second map loaded with little to no textures. It was an all white map

Is your second player silver?  I'm just trying to figure out the criteria that leads to late starts.

If one person has gold on the Xbox One, all players on the console do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The skill matchmaking is "OK" after enough games. Just played it for the first time since ranks last night - I'm not that great but I completely embarrassed the opponents until I but level 9. That was the first good match I got.

Just make sure you go on with a teammate. It's worthless to play alone.

343 must be run by Harvey dent. You got h5 devs who have engaged with us on game design, and generally come off as good people, and then you got mcc devs, who don't engage anybody and as of now just dismiss fans who Have legitimate problems. I need a drink...

• Upvote (+1) 2

If one person has gold on the Xbox One, all players on the console do.

Is that true even if your Xbox is not your "home Xbox"? I share digital games with a friend and I thought that wouldn't work if you did that.

Is that true even if your Xbox is not your "home Xbox"? I share digital games with a friend and I thought that wouldn't work if you did that.

Been working for me.

Try it!  These might help you get started.

Here's my opinion on the pop counters and why halo 4 is above the rest and why it doesn't matter it is. The people that hardly ever played halo or the people that started out with reach or 4 are going to go to the Halo 4 playlist because it's the only one they are famialiar with and it's more noob friendly. 

The other playlist(5-13) Halo 4 98% of the time doesn't get voted so all the people that want to play halo 4 just go the halo 4 playlist to play. Halo 2 and Halo 3 both get voted alot in the playlist with all games incuded. So you have 6 playlist where you can most of the time play Halo 2 and Halo 3. Where as the h4 kids that want to play h4 have to stick to that playlist to play h4.

BtB and team slayer are always at the top because they are just popular playlist.

The playlist pop list honeslty means nothing without the numbers included because it could just be like this

• Big Team Battle - 2000 population
  • Team Slayer - 1900 population
  • Halo 4 - 1800
  • Team SWAT - 1700
  • Team Snipers - 1600
  • Halo 3 -1500
  • Team Doubles -1400
  • Halo 2: Anniversary - 1300
  • Halo 2 Classic - 1200
  • Halo: CE - 1100
  • HCS- 1000
  • Rumble Pit - 900
  • Team Hardcore - 800

Obviously I was being generous with my numbers since the population is no where near that. I don't know just my opinion on it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I personally believe that they just waited for the longest span they could find where Halo 4 was on top.

If that's not the case you can kind of see why Halo 4 could be up so much higher. Halo 3 has AR starts galore H2C has broken melees HCE is obviously broken. It's as if 343 is like "Look at how gray out game is! Come play it!"

Yeah, the most accurate word I can use for Frankie is douche. He's just arrogant, and shows no signs of empathy. 

In other news, the pop counters are already garnering pro-sprint arguments on Waypoint: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/proof-that-sprint-didn-t-destroy-halo/146d3052-e345-4269-afca-381fd063e613/posts

HEY LOOK AT ME....I'M SHOCKED...and as far as those numbers 343 released

whitney_receipts.gif

I don't believe none of that shit

• Upvote (+1) 3

At that point it was like the first communication we'd got from that high up for the game. If you recall a lot of people were pretty pissed with him then, as well.

Did anybody's rank reset today? My friends account he has at my house went from a 7 (When he stopped play) we come back and it's a 5. haha. And it happened in another playlist too.

And nah nobody else play on it.

Did anybody's rank reset today? My friends account he has at my house went from a 7 (When he stopped play) we come back and it's a 5. haha. And it happened in another playlist too.

pure uncut incompetence...how does this keep happening?

So it didn't reset, it just went down two levels?

Could be the game catching up. Happened sometimes in Halo 3.