CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

a non random spread would still be a problem, it would still be competitive but you're br would still be useless past 15m

That isn't a problem, but a design choice. It's only a problem when your aim is affected by a random generator. 

That isn't a problem, but a design choice. It's only a problem when your aim is affected by a random generator. 

its a poor design choice, hence why its a problem. extreme example: you die .1s after spawn. It's fair for both sides and not RNG, but it's a huge fucking problem. 

Oh God Batch is probably having a heart attack at some of these posts.

Halo 3 could've been an absolutely incredible game with faster strafe accel and no BR spread

Could've been.

Don't forget about upping the god-awful FOV that was designed for people living in boxes and fixing the horrendous net-code.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't forget about upping the god-awful FOV that was designed for people living in boxes and fixing the horrendous net-code.

Halo is a console shooter, so most people play it from their couches. Smaller FoV can be optimal when sitting further away from the screen.

Right about the netcode though, holy shit was it bad.

I'm curious, 2 profiles or you and a guest?

always 2 profiles. Guests can't search the playlist. However, as long as 1 player is Gold the other can be silver.

always 2 profiles. Guests can't search the playlist. However, as long as 1 player is Gold the other can be silver.

Is your second player silver?  I'm just trying to figure out the criteria that leads to late starts.

Halo is a console shooter, so most people play it from their couches. Smaller FoV can be optimal when sitting further away from the screen.

I'm just going to go ahead and call this total bs. 

For 1, I have never met any gamer who sits across the damn room.

for 2, watching ce from across the room is totally fine. I feel like my tv is on zoom when i pull up something like h3, that i'm missing so much of the game

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just going to go ahead and call this total bs. 

For 1, I have never met any gamer who sits across the damn room.

for 2, watching ce from across the room is totally fine. I feel like my tv is on zoom when i pull up something like h3, that i'm missing so much of the game

I was speaking about the average gamer. Bungie was catering to them hard in Halo 3. Hence the ranged weapons that couldn't shoot straight and AR starts as far as the eye could see.

But it isn't black and white. I've seen Quake pros play on incredibly low FoVs. Some people prefer the extra precision of a low FoV, while other want more situational awareness. I prefer mine around 100-110 depending on the game.

IMO the majority of Halo games have had FoVs that work well with their mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is your second player silver?  I'm just trying to figure out the criteria that leads to late starts.

Well I played split screen with both gold+silver and gold+gold and never really had lots of problems with late starts, when it happend, I always thought it's just a connection/lag based issue?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I played split screen with both gold+silver and gold+gold and never really had lots of problems with late starts, when it happend, I always thought it's just a connection/lag based issue?!

Yeah I've had no issues with gold+silver splitscreen.

But who knows with MCC.

This should be coming out BEFORE the matchmaking update.

• Upvote (+1) 6

they kept team snipers holy shit is it permanent ? i hope it is if so i hope they say it in the blog post and say it will be ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Action Sack and still no H2 in Rumble Pit and for some reason taking CE out.

I don't think Halo 3 even has Slayer BR's, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't ranked when it's the ONE fucking playlist where ranks make the most sense at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we please fix emblems in halo 2? I know a small problem compared to what's out there shown from the previous two posts, but it really makes a difference when trying to call things out for teammates.