CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You will be able to search one game only. If you want to search OG Halo 2 only, you will be able to. Same with every other game (CE, H3, H4, H2A).

This will be limited though. Probably 1-3 playlists maximum per game.

He's already trash talking lol

This made me smile, I would watch a video of "Gandhi at the DMV" because somehow he would make it entertaining  :gandhi:

Love the enthusiasm he approaches Halo/gaming with, whether he wins or loses you get the feeling hes still the one having the most fun in the room. I hope the MCC can bring back the hyped feeling and just pure joy of competing that was so apparent in the competitive Halo glory days.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2A having problems in general will make sense. Some people did notice some screen tearing from today's footage, although it could have also been the stream. 

Hope they get that worked out. 

considering how much time on the project is free to focus on refining visual things, and how so much polish in games in general comes in during the final stretch, I'd hope it could be pretty smooth by the time it comes out.  from what Frank's said the campaign itself will probably have some significant actual graphics upgrades from what we've seen, beyond just framerate/tearing stability.  

But yeah, at RTX they aren't capturing at full quality and they're routing the footage through so many things before it gets streamed out, not the best place to judge quality.  I'd wait for something like an IGN hands on preview, they have a pretty high quality video player/capture setup.  it does 60fps.

As long as H2 gets it's own competitive playlist i can search with no risk of getting CE or H3. I'll be happy. 

If not... Well i guess i'll be sticking to custom games.

As long as H2 gets it's own competitive playlist i can search with no risk of getting CE or H3. I'll be happy. 

I'm going to go str8 Coachmayne prediction here and guess that 343 will fumble and not have Halo 2 MLG off launch, however, community demand will bring it into the rotation very quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This may be way too early to call but...

I think you may be sticking to custom games.

Just a gut feeling.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just a gut feeling.

Yeah, Ive had that feeling in my gut since i heard about cross game playlists. Not a fan of the cross game idea. 

Yeah, Ive had that feeling in my gut since i heard about cross game playlists. Not a fan of the cross game idea. 

I mean, they totally COULD give us great competitive playlists.

However, I think years of absolutely amazing Halo reveals and subsequent competitive disappointments has me a bit cynical in regards to the playlists at launch. I would obviously LOVE to be wrong, but if we get a competitive Halo CE 2v2 playlist, and dedicated competitive playlists for Halo 2 and Halo 3, I'll be pretty surprised.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a gut feeling.

So I just rewatched the panel (I was watching in the sun earlier, couldn't read everything perfectly) and I noticed the matchmaking menu has drastically changed from the E3 build, and this may be because of the community demanded for isolated experiences. At E3, the entire MCC matchmaking was cross game, mostly 1-gametype playlists, but as of today, this is what they showed off.

- Halo CE Team (4v4 Slayer and Obj)

- Halo 2 Classic Team

- Halo 2: Anniversary Team

- Halo 3 Team

- Halo 4 Team

- Team Slayer (Cross game)

- Big Team Battle (cross game)

- SWAT (cross game)

These team playlists will give you a general feel for each individual title, while still leaving enough room for more cross playlists. I'd imagine a few more cross game would be added such as:

- Action Sack

- Snipers

- Infection

- FFA

And I'd also imagine each game (or at least a few of them) getting their own FFA playlists as well. Along with of course Halo 2 and/or Halo 3 MLG

• Upvote (+1) 5

@the hole playlist discussion: I really don't get why you guys take what we saw so seriously. Now, let's just ignore the fact that playlists are by far the easiest thing to change in the entire game, even post launch. At e3 they showed a copied version of h4's playlist, even with the same pictures, and all of them were cross-game. Now at RTX they showed a lot of single game playlists with 2 cross game playlists. Obviously they acknowledge that we were all still kinda scared about only being able to play one game, as bravo was only talking about dedicated expiriences not playlists so they showed us dedicated playlists. They also said they'll be talking a lot more about playlists and matchmaking in general around Gamescom.

How does any of that imply much about the final playlists that we'll be playing in November? I'd just say it's safe to assume that there will be cross-game and single-game playlists, that's about it. I really don't understand how anyone would imply much of the ratio of those playlists given that they completely changed ALL playlists within a month.

Sooo, I've forged a LOT in halo 4 and if the bases in the real Coagulation look anything close to the artwork then I can see Coagulation being the 'forge world' of H2A. Mainly because the way the bases are drawn out in the artwork, they look very similiar to many forge pieces in halo 4. Although hoping that they will not have stupid designs on them like invisible edges and such.

All speculation though.

For anyone who's not aware. 343 has confirmed they'll have a panel at Comic-Con and GamesCon, so I wouldn't expect announcements outside of these two events for a while.

Comic-Con - July 24-27

GamesCon - August 13-17

• Upvote (+1) 4

Didn't they say the playlists atm were just placeholders and things would change between now and launch?

Didn't they say the playlists atm were just placeholders and things would change between now and launch?

Even if they didn't say it, this should be obvious.

So I just rewatched the panel (I was watching in the sun earlier, couldn't read everything perfectly) and I noticed the matchmaking menu has drastically changed from the E3 build, and this may be because of the community demanded for isolated experiences. At E3, the entire MCC matchmaking was cross game, mostly 1-gametype playlists, but as of today, this is what they showed off.

- Halo CE Team (4v4 Slayer and Obj)

- Halo 2 Classic Team

- Halo 2: Anniversary Team

- Halo 3 Team

- Halo 4 Team

- Team Slayer (Cross game)

- Big Team Battle (cross game)

- SWAT (cross game)

These team playlists will give you a general feel for each individual title, while still leaving enough room for more cross playlists. I'd imagine a few more cross game would be added such as:

- Action Sack

- Snipers

- Infection

- FFA

And I'd also imagine each game (or at least a few of them) getting their own FFA playlists as well. Along with of course Halo 2 and/or Halo 3 MLG

You would think it would work that way, but we will have to wait and see. I'm not sold at all on getting dedicated competitive playlists.

Yup, they said the ones shown there are what they're currently planning. A lot can change in four months.

Anybody notice that the dedicated Halo 4 playlist that they showed yesterday is 5v5, while the others are 4v4?

Just an observation.

The game is actually tailored more towards a 5v5. Everyone was just against the idea near the launch of Halo 4 and we slowly started seeing all of the 5v5 playlists disappear. 

It's not base Halo 4 if the game has one 5v5 playlist and seven 4v4 playlists, regardless of how the game plays best or how the game launched.

• Downvote (-1) 2