CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I've been able to rank up decently on each Halo, which means my dream of becoming the best at every Halo will be reality. It will just take some time.

So I was playing H2A Territories and just wanted to say that the announcer was really loud when saying some things in game. It was really distracting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully Bravo has time to write a couple of paragraphs today and let us know what's coming the next time we get an update. Seems like it's time to hear something. Maybe they should bring BS Angel back and let her keep us up-to-speed on MCC and let Bravo handle the Halo 5 and the competitive scene. Is BS Angel still with 343?

So I was playing H2A Territories and just wanted to say that the announcer was really loud when saying some things in game. It was really distracting.

I noticed that too. He's like a mix of the old announcer and the new one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I noticed that too. He's like a mix of the old announcer and the new one.

Isn't that because they literally ripped the audio from H2C for some of the captures etc rather than recording newer versions? Lol I'm pretty sure that was territories that I noticed that in

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't that because they literally ripped the audio from H2C for some of the captures etc rather than recording newer versions? Lol I'm pretty sure that was territories that I noticed that in

Territories and bomb are mixed from H3 and the new h2a "optimus prime" announcer. Sounds really weird

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everytime I hear his classic voice it's like sweet relief, and then we go back to the ADD autotune one.....

Hopefully Bravo has time to write a couple of paragraphs today and let us know what's coming the next time we get an update. Seems like it's time to hear something. Maybe they should bring BS Angel back and let her keep us up-to-speed on MCC and let Bravo handle the Halo 5 and the competitive scene. Is BS Angel still with 343?

She does but she's Studio Operation PM, whatever they do.

Bravo is fine as CM, it's just that he takes part in the HCS stuff which leaves us without a CM for HCS LAN weekends. The only reason we haven't heard from Bravo for so long is because of July 4th. Should hear something this week.

Just bought my dad MCC for his birthday, worried i might accidentally raise his blood pressure into a fatal heart attack, will i get bad karma for this?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo 3 is so bad. I don't understand some people that enjoy it.

Only time I'll choose it over H2 is if it's Pit BR's or Guardian BR's. Those are still really fun to me - especially in Doubles. Plus, H3 sniping is GOAT.

So i got a new XB1 last night and my account works fine, But my friend made a new account on it and everything works, The map will be picked. But after the map is picked and it goes to the map loading screen it just never loads. It's happened like 5 or 6 times now.

We switched back to my account and all the maps loaded fine, Then went back to his and the same thing was happening still.

Anybody know whats up?

Only time I'll choose it over H2 is if it's Pit BR's or Guardian BR's. Those are still really fun to me - especially in Doubles. Plus, H3 sniping is GOAT.

I've played THOUSANDS of games of Halo 3, and still can't don't know how I played so much of it back in the day.

Also, is Halo 3 pre or post patch. When I played today it felt like pre-patch.

Also, is Halo 3 pre or post patch. When I played today it felt like pre-patch.

I would assume pre-patch since Bungie took out the people flying off from a melee in TU1 and it's in MCC, but from what I've played, the melee trading works like post-patch, but I haven't played enough of MCC H3 to be sure.

Halo 3 is so bad. I don't understand some people that enjoy it.

It's great when you're playing MLG settings and arguably is the best game for Team Snipers, but vanilla Halo 3 is often rage inducing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The halo 3 haters won't like that @@EagleBurn @@Vetoed well said.

How ever Halo 3 in MCC isn't the same game I played on the 360, the movement and aiming is different in a very bad way.

A large appeal was Forge+Custom games. Unlike Reach and Halo 4, Halo 3's community was extremely active. Note, it was most played game on Xbox Live in '07, '08, and '09 (beating out CoD4, CoD: WaW, and MW2). This was also before party-chat and everyone still talked in-game. After a match (especially in BTB), there would almost always be someone asking to join him in customs. Adding friends who were usually in customs was common and people would hop online and scroll through their friends list looking to join a custom game. The custom game would usually start with BR's on MLG Onslaught and once more players joined, the host would start gametypes like Icy Train, Duck Hunt, Halo, and Fat Kid or one of the other 20 Infection variants. It wasn't difficult to get a party of 16 players in an hour. That was before Foundry came out and once it did, the the Forge+Custom scene was put on steroids. This lasted for three years all the way up to Reach's release.

Now slap Theater and a File Sharing system on this. Yes, the BR spread was terribad, but with the decent pool of maps and map packs that people were actually excited for, no Sprint/bloom/ADS/AA, a great ranking system (even better one after TU2), a fun campaign, plus all the Forge+Custom games I described, and most importantly, an active community during it's whole lifespan, you have one hell of a game to play with your friends.

That was so beautiful. Well said. This brought back so many memories when I would play countless hours of custom games with my friends and grinding for 50. Sure it wasn't the best game, but it sure was fun as hell to play it.

It's great when you're playing MLG settings and arguably is the best game for Team Snipers, but vanilla Halo 3 is often rage inducing.

Are they going to add Halo 3 to hardcore?

so there is still no party restrictions it would be nice to have them for sure, but i learned my lesson got a party of 4 and got a 44 still not enjoying myself.

Are they going to add Halo 3 to hardcore?

Apparently they're having "problems" with transferring the gametypes from the 360 to the Xbone, never mind the fact that the settings have already been created except for amplified. Could you imagine if the MCC team had a job where lives depended on them doing their jobs correctly? I can't help but look at the MCC team like this:

just-a-little-turbulance-folks.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

halo 3 has the best btb IMO, maps were great and vehicles were tough, so there was lots of large scale combat. I still have a lot of fun with default mp for h3.
  • Upvote (+1) 3