CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Might be on my own here but I have absolutely NO interest in playing this Halo 4 version of Halo 2

Give me the OG H2 with the H2 ranks and everything else (clans ect)

Thats all I care about

I don't see it. You're going crazy, bruh. 

What's the difference between customization and ID?

Customization - Armour, etc

ID - Service Tag, etc

Halo 4 did a similar thing.

Qgc8qLs.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Player ID section has the flaming helmet from H3. Does this mean it will be available to all players?

ZivpKU4.jpg

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the Player ID section has the flaming helmet from H3. Does this mean it will be available to all players?

ZivpKU4.jpg

Stock images of Halo 3 - highly doubt everyone would have flames.

Seriously every map being remastered has been seen more than once already. What gives? There are plenty of choices out there that would be far more interesting than the same old things we see every game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey, it says in the article on Beyond that 60fps for H2A is not guaranteed at the minute, when did they say this?

Hey, it says in the article on Beyond that 60fps for H2A is not guaranteed at the minute, when did they say this?

I thought it was 1080p that wasn't guaranteed.

H2A campaign is not 100% confirmed to have 1080p because of the graphics buffer running both engines. But their plan is to overcome the technical hurdle and to get the entire game running at 1080p. Everything else runs at 1080p and 60fps, including the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. 

Worst case scenario, the H2A campaign will be 900p. 

Anything else would be a misprint unless said by a dev. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who is worried about MM? It's going to be so jarring going from game to game. Why not just have playlists like normal with a personal game filter? 

Yea me too, I have heard that 1080p might not be guaranteed for the campaign but that it was for the multiplayer. It just says in this article http://teambeyond.net/halo-2-vs-halo-2-anniversary/ that 60fps isn't guaranteed for H2A.

H2A campaign is not 100% confirmed to have 1080p because of the graphics buffer running both engines. But their plan is to overcome the technical hurdle and to get the entire game running at 1080p. Everything else runs at 1080p and 60fps, including the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.

Partially correct.

Around E3 Frankie said that 60fps is iffy for Halo 2: Anniversary MP because the 6 maps run on a new engine. Halo 2 Classic will be 1080p and 60fps.

As for campaign, it is also up in the air due to the fact that they are running two graphics engines simultaneously.

Both 1080p and 60fps are up in the air, but 343 will be working to reach that tech goal. Halo 1,3, and 4 campaign will be 1080/60 and Halo 1/2/3/4 MP will be 1080/60 as well. H2A is the only hurdle.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea I actually knew all of the above, I am really trying to keep on track with all the details about the MCC, so I was surprised to see the article say that 60fps wasn't guaranteed even though they had said that H2A would be 1080p 60fps.

Partially correct.

Around E3 Frankie said that 60fps is iffy for Halo 2: Anniversary MP because the 6 maps run on a new engine. Halo 2 Classic will be 1080p and 60fps.

As for campaign, it is also up in the air due to the fact that they are running two graphics engines simultaneously.

Both 1080p and 60fps are up in the air, but 343 will be working to reach that tech goal. Halo 1,3, and 4 campaign will be 1080/60 and Halo 1/2/3/4 MP will be 1080/60 as well. H2A is the only hurdle.

Oh okay thanks. I'd much rather the game was 900p 60fps than 1080p 30fps, so I hope they don't sacrifice frames for a higher pixel count.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Partially correct.

H2A having problems in general will make sense. Some people did notice some screen tearing from today's footage, although it could have also been the stream. 

Hope they get that worked out. 

Am I the only one who is worried about MM? It's going to be so jarring going from game to game. Why not just have playlists like normal with a personal game filter? 

You will be able to search one game only. If you want to search OG Halo 2 only, you will be able to. Same with every other game (CE, H3, H4, H2A).

I'm really excited to see what the leaderboards are like!

me too, leaderboards could end up really addicting me. I'm glad I recently became single, I'm sure MCC will keep me that way too.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

If the Master Chief Collection is good enough I'll probably stop running and lifting weights. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not worried about that at all. I think it'll keep things fresh. Especially if halo 3 gets the jump in quality I think it's going to.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not worried about that at all. I think it'll keep things fresh. Especially if halo 3 gets the jump in quality I think it's going to.

Yea I agree, Halo 3 still looks amazing 7 years later. Can't wait to see some of the games at 1080p 60fps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You will be able to search one game only. If you want to search OG Halo 2 only, you will be able to. Same with every other game (CE, H3, H4, H2A).

Yea but a Beyond article I just read made mention that the playlists for individual games were going to be very limited. So it will be curious to see how they handle everything. 

He's already trash talking lol

God I miss this. I need Halo. Hopefully my friends keep their word and buy the inevitable bundle edition.

• Upvote (+1) 3