CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So there is a new trick where you have your team in a party chat and if you dont like the map that was voted you can select the leave multiplayer option in the party chat and it removes you and your team from the game and doesnt count as a loss. This happened me 3 times while playing doubles, we were put into the game alone and had to wait it out for 12 minutes because we didnt know if it would count as a loss if we quit after the game had started. Shame people are doing this in MCC but its what Ive come to expect.

This "new trick" became a thing when Team Slayer first became ranked, so you must have been fortunate not to run into players using this exploit until recently. I was hoping that when 343i released the last CU (not the "fix" for the H:CE pistol) that this exploit would be fixed, but that wasn't the case. To my knowledge they have never officially acknowledged this exploit as an issue, most likely because they don't want to further popularize it. I tend to doubt that they will ever find a way to stop this exploit for working.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I decide to go into the Halo: CE playlist by myself. Big mistake. I played one game and I'm done. We get CTF Battle Creek. I think it's going to be fun.

I am the only one in the entire lobby to go positive. My teammate goes 3-10 and betrayed me twice. Intentionally. Both times because I got overshield. He just hit me in the back immediately (which never counts as an assassination when I play but it sure as hell counts when I'm being team killed).

We lose 3-1 (I had the only flag cap of course). It's so incredibly frustrating. I get I'm not the greatest at CE but why do I get people who just want to ruin the game?

Clip - Seriously, why?

It blows my mind that anyone would want to play H2, especially on Lockout.  That is the worst possible game/map in the history of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The complete lack of any good Halo streamers at the moment is killing me.

Been struggling with this all day. Snipedown and chig live in indiana, GET WITH IT.

on a real note, they probably dont feel like it after that long weekend of gaming lol

I was in a game of Halo 2 against a team of four, with two guys in a party on my team who I had beaten the last game. We were getting pooped on, and one of the guys said "Oh wait, we got this kid on our team? This kid fuckin sucks!" And then this happened right after that: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/25e0d897-69d0-4e57-8709-330d6f51fe65?gamerTag=Mythik%20Nick&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

• Upvote (+1) 1

This "new trick" became a thing when Team Slayer first became ranked, so you must have been fortunate not to run into players using this exploit until recently. I was hoping that when 343i released the last CU (not the "fix" for the H:CE pistol) that this exploit would be fixed, but that wasn't the case. To my knowledge they have never officially acknowledged this exploit as an issue, most likely because they don't want to further popularize it. I tend to doubt that they will ever find a way to stop this exploit for working.

They could make it so that the system thinks that the game starts in the map selection screen (as opposed to the actual game start time). So if anyone quits during that time it automatically counts as a loss and the person loses a rank. But this is 343 who we're talking about, I don't think that they could implement such a feature.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder if we'll ever see h3 mlg settings at this point?

Also doubles needs renaming to h2 doubles.

If there is something I don't want to play I just quit out before the game starts. Doesn't impact anyone, and the search just restarts.

Here is some pretty nice Doubles gameplay I played yesterday:

xboxdvr.com/D+Rare+Boy/ada354ec-09d8-4d23-a7b3-13b299cf7d32

I am so tired of playing TS. Fuck randoms matching everyone, fuck that I don't have a mic, and fuck that the ranking system still doesn't exactly work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This^

some of these kids who get 50+ viewers are terrible compared to some of the old streamers we use to have.

Tbf I've never really watched competitive Halo:CE but I seem to be watching a lot of Legend and Toxic. I suppose thats a plus

Am I the only one that wishes Team Slayer was still ranked? That was actually my favorite playlist as it offered a lot of variety with the different games and although this isn't a popular opinion here, I enjoy playing Team Slayer. I literally haven't touched it since they removed ranks.

Am I the only one that wishes Team Slayer was still ranked? That was actually my favorite playlist as it offered a lot of variety with the different games and although this isn't a popular opinion here, I enjoy playing Team Slayer. I literally haven't touched it since they removed ranks.

I just like having a social slayer playlist with most of the games. If I want ranked, I can jump into the individual playlists.

I just like having a social slayer playlist with most of the games. If I want ranked, I can jump into the individual playlists.

I completely get that argument and I know why it's unranked, I just personally got more enjoyment out of the playlist when there were ranks. The premise of getting a 50 in it and being able to say you're an overall really good Halo player is a reason why I enjoyed it so much

• Upvote (+1) 1

This^

some of these kids who get 50+ viewers are terrible compared to some of the old streamers we use to have.

;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I rank up to 50s in doubles for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way! Is this the same guy that said that in my chat every day? Lmfao!

I completely get that argument and I know why it's unranked, I just personally got more enjoyment out of the playlist when there were ranks. The premise of getting a 50 in it and being able to say you're an overall really good Halo player is a reason why I enjoyed it so much

But you didn't necessarily have to be an overall good Halo player to get a 50 in it, just good at Halo 2. If you had a squad of four good Halo 2 players together, you could get your best game every time with this POS voting system, a distinct advantage that Halo 2 kids had over everyone else. But then again, if they just made the game voting slots randomized instead of fixed, or even scrapped voting entirely, this wouldn't be an issue. I really enjoyed ranked Team Slayer, too, I'm just saying that they did it completely the wrong way lol.

The quitting, and AFK is just not keeping me interested in continuing playing this game. 343i finally made the game playable, but now people don't want to play it... it makes no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1