CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Nothing on specific layouts, but each game can have its own button layout. You can play Bumper Jumper in Halo 2, but have Green Thumb all ready for when a Halo 1 map loads up.

I also believe bumpers/triggers, sticks, and buttons each have their own separate layouts.

Customizable for each game, or you can choose to have a universal layout.

Gracias hombres. May jump sniping forever be easy.

Not gonna lie if I was there (I'm like 2 hours away) I would probably ask a lore question too. After asking about h1s netcode or something though

H2a looks cool. Gun goose and speed boost looks like it'll be fun. We can still be Elites though right? because I was always an Elite in h2, the tradition needs to live

I'm also gonna assume the playlist thing isn't close to what we get. I don't even think I saw btb in that.

We can still be Elites though right? because I was always an Elite in h2, the tradition needs to live

That was one of the first things they did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm also gonna assume the playlist thing isn't close to what we get. I don't even think I saw btb in that.

It says "Many more" at the end of the gametype list. It's safe to say BTB is in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Either way I'm pumped, as long as theyre balanced, no complaints from me. Did they mention anything about stat tracking?

When they were scrolling through the menu interface. I saw the option "Leaderboards" They didn't click It though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It says "Many more" at the end of the gametype list. It's safe to say BTB is in.

Ah gotcha. Then 2v2 for h1 should hopefully be in as well. I think with ghost bravo and snipedown they would know the h1 settings for 2v2. Hopefully it's in

I am liking that the new weapon waypoints are just small visual cues that only show up when you are near the weapon.

so much better than a needler icon clipping through everything in the map 100 meters away just to tell you it's spawned.  I don't care, needler, if I wanted you I'd have gone to get you!

• Upvote (+1) 4

That should be a red flag

Only thing wrong with Halo 3 is the netcode, but that should be discussed elsewhere. A red flag is either something that has been influenced by Halo Reach OR Halo 4. Anything else is cool. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

all the gray in the remakes don't make it feel like h4 already? it does for me, but i wont be touching the remakes only OG for me :)

Not sure if trolling or serious...

halo-2-ascension.jpge3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-comparison-as

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only thing wrong with Halo 3 is the netcode, but that should be discussed elsewhere. A red flag is either something that has been influenced by Halo Reach OR Halo 4. Anything else is cool. 

Random bullet spread, mostly awfully designed maps, double melees (and generally removing dynamic melee damage) on top of the invisible health are only part of the reason why halo 3 is a bad game. Netcode might have been it's biggest issue, but by far not it's only one. MLG had to change pretty much every single aspect to make it playable on a prolevel.

So it would be cool H2A took influence from, say, H3's movement mechanics?

Random bullet spread, mostly awfully designed maps, double melees (and generally removing dynamic melee damage) on top of the invisible health are only part of the reason why halo 3 is a bad game. Netcode might have been it's biggest issue, but by far not it's only one. MLG had to change pretty much every single aspect to make it playable on a prolevel.

I only said the biggest issue as we are currently discussing the Halo 2 Anniversary maps. I know that these are problems, (apart from the maps statement), but if I wanted to talk about it, I would create a forum post about it. Like I said, it is not a bad game by any means, but that discussion is to take place somewhere else. I respect the double melee complaint though, shit was annoying.

So it would be cool H2A took influence from, say, H3's movement mechanics?

Read my post to L0RCH. I respect your opinion.

I'm 5 for 6 on predicted map remakes...

We have Lockout, Midship, Zanzibar, Ascension, and Coag. What's your final map prediction? I'm hoping for Sanctuary but expecting Waterworks

I still cannot believe that people are actually angry about these changes. Nothing I have seen breaks the game, if anything it reminds me of Halo 3 with all the map interactions. I am now hyped for November 11th. (UK Resident sadly D:, lucky 'Muricans)

So you should be hyped for 14th ;) As that's when it's out over here, right?

We have Lockout, Midship, Zanzibar, Ascension, and Coag. What's your final map prediction? I'm hoping for Sanctuary but expecting Waterworks

Prediction was actually Headlong but based on the reach remake I might be wrong. Probably waterworks, but I have to stand by my official first guess.