CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I want to thank whoever posted about reducing your sensitivity to 2 in H3.  I don't remember who it was and don't feel like digging through threads to find it.  Makes an unbelievable difference in shot registration. 

It wont make shot reg any better, it will just mean your shots will be more steady.

Personally I think you should be playing on as high a sens as you can without it meaning your shot is terrible. Last thing I need is someone jumping over my head and it taking 7 years to turn around.

Im a 4 sens kinda guy on h3

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those newer CE players that weren't around back then, this montage is a must see classic. Too bad the resolution sucks, there used to be an hd version of it on Halo Pro, or some other forum.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 1:

It needs to be harder to snipe and pistol. Nades still aren't the same as OG. Post carnage report needs to show the total number of kills for both teams. 

Wireless:

There needs to be an indication if someone is on wireless next to their nameplate. Personally I don't think people on a wireless connection should even be allowed to do competitive matchmaking. But, I will settle for some sort of indication next to their name to show if a person is on a wireless connection. 

Matchmaking:

they need to get rid of objectives for 2v2 matcmaking for halo 1. replace that 3rd slot with a map for teamslayer.

Halo 1 is slowly getting there. 

(And of course offline LAN. get it together Microsoft)

I'm convinced I'm playing on a foreign host every single game. Is that possibly because of the wireless connections?

I want to thank whoever posted about reducing your sensitivity to 2 in H3. I don't remember who it was and don't feel like digging through threads to find it. Makes an unbelievable difference in shot registration.

You're welcome :) glad it helped.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wireless:

There needs to be an indication if someone is on wireless next to their nameplate. Personally I don't think people on a wireless connection should even be allowed to do competitive matchmaking. But, I will settle for some sort of indication next to their name to show if a person is on a wireless connection.

thats totally impracticable, on several sides actually

the vast majority of consoles are played via wireless, you cannot leave them out

houses outside of america are built with concrete and masonry, drilling cable holes through several walls and storeys aint as easy as through paperboard

aside from that you fully destroy the noise insulation when doing that as a non professional, your potental landlord will surely support that idea just to have your console running wired

aside from that what would it change if you could see the type of network connection people are using?

do you want to quit when you see a person using wireless?

people flooding their connection while gaming (eg upload or netflix) are much worse than people running wireless, id actually be surprised if you could tell the difference between a wireless gamer and a wired gamer as the difference is really pretty insignificant

wireless doesnt cause any noticeable warping or stuttering, that comes from generally weak connections or false useage of its bandwidth

(in some very rare cases from wireless interferences, yes, but even an average joe ISP router nowadays does switch you to an unused frequency band then)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are you and @@Batchford gonna be on in like an hour and a half? Would love to play with you guys tonight!

I'll be at work until 11pm est unfortunately. He might be available though. My buddy wants me to play BF4 with him, but if that falls through I'll jump on Halo.

You get your mixamp?

Not yet. It might come in the mail today. I couldn't hear you when you joined our party earlier btw.

anyone have any of their ranks reset? Just got on to play H2C and now I'm a level 1 for no reason

Halo 1:

It needs to be harder to snipe and pistol. Nades still aren't the same as OG. Post carnage report needs to show the total number of kills for both teams. 

did you like the previous patch with the zero magnetism?

• Upvote (+1) 1

did you like the previous patch with the zero magnetism?

As frustrating as it was I personally preferred the zero magnetism to what we currently have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As frustrating as it was I personally preferred the zero magnetism to what we currently have.

same here

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played a game of CE where the other team quit/lagged out before the game started, and the game decided to not end even though there was only one team in the game.

Played a game of CE where the other team quit/lagged out before the game started, and the game decided to not end even though there was only one team in the game.

Yeah, it's been to doing that to everybody. Not just in CE, in every game. It only happens about once or twice a day tho.

GG's! let's play some more.

For sure man, I'll probably be on tomorrow night sometime.

Never thought I'd say this, but I wish I was in America so I could play with you lads.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are a majority of matchmaking games still played on peer to peer? Also, what happened to that little box that would display "connecting to dedicated server" as the map would load? That notification should return.

I have two controllers that drift. One has a right stick drift going up and the other has a left stick drift going down. So my aiming is fucked up on one and my movement is fucked up on the other.

kobe1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are a majority of matchmaking games still played on peer to peer? Also, what happened to that little box that would display "connecting to dedicated server" as the map would load? That notification should return.

It only ever showed if the game was taking a little longer than usual to connect to the dedicated server. It still appears but very rarely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IDK if anybody has realized this yet but people are abusing the Xbox One Rep system. If you block somebody you can't match that person in matchmaking anymore.

And because of this if you have enough people blocking you. You will have red Rep and if you have Red rep you can only match people with Red Rep and no one else. So a bunch of people are getting fucked over and can't find matches anymore in any playlist. I'm stuck having to do customs or creating new accounts to fucking play matchmaking. 

People are saying the only way to get your rep up is you have to find more people and play more matches until it's yellow but It's fucking impossible to find matches...

B11, Gimp, Nizi, Syphon, Gil, metul x and a bunch of more people are getting fucked over because of this..

Fuck MCC 

• Upvote (+1) 9