CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is Matchmaking not working for anyone else?

I've been playing for the last hour and a half with no problems so far.

Still cant believe you can match parties while searching solo. Last game I get a level 5 on my team (I'm 13) and play a party of 13s... The guy on my team was shooting at me when I had camo because he couldn't tell I was on his team... HMU if someone good wants to try CE with me

Let's play tonight, I got reset to a level 1.

I haven't played since we last did; hopefully I'll be on tonight (probably not till late though).

In other news, I feel this is interesting:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/17/technology/att-unlimited-dat-plan/index.html?iid=Lead

"Consumers deserve to get what they pay for," said FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler in a statement. "Broadband providers must be upfront and transparent about the services they provide. The FCC will not stand idly by while consumers are deceived by misleading marketing materials and insufficient disclosure."

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm kind of enjoying matching up with the same people over and over again. It's almost like we're playing customs, haha

I want to thank whoever posted about reducing your sensitivity to 2 in H3.  I don't remember who it was and don't feel like digging through threads to find it.  Makes an unbelievable difference in shot registration. 

It sucks the population for this game has died down so much. Ran a bunch of hardcore today and I got this kid on my team who clearly wasn't old enough for this game who went a combined 0-54 in all 3 games we played. The sad thing is I won all those games with him which means my opponents were just as bad. I really want to get out of the lower level ranks already and actually get competitive matches.

Interesting Response from Phil about the state of selling broken games. Not sure if this has been already posted

Go to 3:21:24

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting Response from Phil about the state of selling broken games. Not sure if this has been already posted

Go to 3:21:24

Dude on the right had the biggest "shit, how do we answer that" smile on his face.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MCC's back to that post-launch state it was in for a while. I can find one game fairly easily, but after that, nothing. It's like I time out of the system or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

played a game of doubles and the blue team didnt even spawn into the game, my partner quit and i was holding the oddball alone when they both magically re-entered the game at 100 seconds of ball time. They won by 8. Fucking 343'd.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Against my better judgement, I'll be playing some MCC tonight. I had to activate my 1-month XBL compensation before it expired, so I might as well use it.

I'm up for Halo 1/2/3 customs and Halo 1 ranked - Go ahead & add TurboChickenMan to your friends list if you want.

Against my better judgement, I'll be playing some MCC tonight. I had to activate my 1-month XBL compensation before it expired, so I might as well use it.

I'm up for Halo 1/2/3 customs and Halo 1 ranked - Go ahead & add TurboChickenMan to your friends list if you want.

If you got the code from MS, you should try out the Gears of War beta. You can find games quick, there are little to no bugs, and the true skill matching in competitive king of the hill works pretty well in creating balanced teams, better than MCC anyways.

If you got the code from MS, you should try out the Gears of War beta. You can find games quick, there are little to no bugs, and the true skill matching in competitive king of the hill works pretty well in creating balanced teams, better than MCC anyways.

Gears is too grim for my taste, but thanks for pointing it out anyhow.

I had a pretty good connection tonight. Some quitters, but it was tolerable.

The magnetism felt fine. I think the problem with shots being too easy has to do with not very much lead being needed.

For me, the Halo 1 experience in MCC still feels unpolished. It's sorta fun, but the graphics feel wrong, the HUD feels wrong, the audio feels wrong, etc. Many little things being off are ruining the atmosphere, just like Perfect Dark XBLA.

Also just like PD XBLA, one of the classic control schemes is messed up. I've always used the Green Thumb button layout (with melee on right stick click), but crouch is on B instead of left stick click, and zoom is on a bumper instead of B. Halo 2 Classic has the correct layout.

Are 343 and 4J working out of the same building, perchance?

• Upvote (+1) 1

3-3 matching a player without a mic against a team of two

0-3 so far. I don't know why I still try to search solo thinking anything good will come of it.

3-3 matching a player without a mic against a team of two

0-3 so far. I don't know why I still try to search solo thinking anything good will come of it.

i would team up with you if i werent already in a party