CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This is an everyday...well let me rephrase that, this is an everytime I try to play HCE:

Where are these dedicated servers? Antarctica?

Can't make a gif from my phone but top screen 25 seconds in. This is my life in the h1 playlist now. Every single game I have rockets that don't fire or just straight up disappear, get assainated from the front, die after going through portals, camo that disappears, die from phantom melees, or shots don't register. Probably the worst thing of all is people with ultra HD 120" 4k curved holographic TVs who have camo vision that can see me across HH while I'm standing still with camo. I know the last one has nothing to do with connection but it's super frustrating. Maybe I'm just blind but it feel like I never even grabbed camo on their screens. These issues were present before but now it's literally every single game, multiple times per game. Dedicated servers to the rescue! Oh well, I'm done ranting.

@@Teapot, I've been out and about today but hmu with a fr and we'll def play sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not as cynical as you guys, I still have fun with the game.... but...

@@Batchford and I just played 3 of the most frustrating laggy CE games in MMing around 6 PM today. We beat these two teams only like 50-40 and 50-35 and it felt like they were eating bullets all fucking day while 3 shotting us. I mean these kids we were playing were comparatively garbage, didn't know spawns, had terrible positioning, didn't nade at all etc.

Then we played one team who had Cyrax and he's good, but his teammate was just okay but he was hitting cross map headshots with the pistol and shit while all of our shots missed. We lost 50-49.Super frustrating.

Had some lag issues yesterday too, not sure what's up lately.

[tweet=https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/610997210260488192]

I have no clue how to embed this tweet but someone make it happen please.

[tweet=https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/610997210260488192]

I have no clue how to embed this tweet but someone make it happen please.

We'll never hear about this again

• Upvote (+1) 2

We'll never hear about this again

Or the dude will be like, "You can now play Halo on your PC by using Windows 10 and streaming your Xbox to your computer!!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

There were also strong hints of MCC coming to PC when it was announced at last E3. Microsoft used careful wording where they didn't say it was coming to PC, but never said it wasn't. With GoW:UE and KI coming to PC and Major Nelson's tweet, I think it's safe to assume a MCC PC is in development.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There were also strong hints of MCC coming to PC when it was announced at last E3. Microsoft used careful wording where they didn't say it was coming to PC, but never said it wasn't. With GoW:UE and KI coming to PC and Major Nelson's tweet, I think it's safe to assume a MCC PC is in development.

Microsoft every year puts up some BS that they "lost their way" with PC gaming. They rarely do anything.

I'm not as cynical as you guys, I still have fun with the game.... but...

@@Batchford and I just played 3 of the most frustrating laggy CE games in MMing around 6 PM today. We beat these two teams only like 50-40 and 50-35 and it felt like they were eating bullets all fucking day while 3 shotting us. I mean these kids we were playing were comparatively garbage, didn't know spawns, had terrible positioning, didn't nade at all etc.

Then we played one team who had Cyrax and he's good, but his teammate was just okay but he was hitting cross map headshots with the pistol and shit while all of our shots missed. We lost 50-49.Super frustrating.

Had some lag issues yesterday too, not sure what's up lately.

I am not going to sit here and say that I haven't played my fair share of H:CE games where players are just eating shots like pacman. However, XBL has been brought to its knees since M$ made all the big announcements at E3, so it wouldn't surprise me if that contributed to your series of frustrating games.

It certainly would help is 343i/M$ would live up to their promises, and actually get dedicated servers working/turn them on. Some of the most fluid H:CE games I played were right after the first major fix to the pistol (4+ months ago), because it felt like most of the games were on dedicated servers. However, that only lasted for about two days, and then it was like they were just turned off.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am not going to sit here and say that I haven't played my fair share of H:CE games where players are just eating shots like pacman. However, XBL has been brought to its knees since M$ made all the big announcements at E3, so it wouldn't surprise me if that contributed to your series of frustrating games.

It certainly would help is 343i/M$ would live up to their promises, and actually get dedicated servers working/turn them on. Some of the most fluid H:CE games I played were right after the first major fix to the pistol (4+ months ago), because it felt like most of the games were on dedicated servers. However, that only lasted for about two days, and then it was like they were just turned off.

Completely agreed, it always seems like right after a patch connections are great and we're actually on dedis. I swear it is intentional to make us feel like the patches worked really well for hit reg for our initial impressions.

343 has to improve shot reg for p2p connections. Not only do we rarely actually get dedis, custom games are always lopsided due to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I just started up a game of H2C, which is a ranked team playlist. Team Crazy King BR on Ascension gets voted, the maps loads, and the game starts as a slayer FFA on Midship with Plasma Rifle starts

It is sad that it didn't surprise me

Here is the postgame carnage report http://puu.sh/irWU3/cf5ca97267.jpg

Here is the beginning xboxdvr.com/Thr0ttIe/ae555c4c-bcce-42dc-bbff-216a59eea1b6

• Upvote (+1) 7

Completely agreed, it always seems like right after a patch connections are great and we're actually on dedis. I swear it is intentional to make us feel like the patches worked really well for hit reg for our initial impressions.

343 has to improve shot reg for p2p connections. Not only do we rarely actually get dedis, custom games are always lopsided due to it.

I felt the same way, the day that the last patch came out I was definitely playing on dedicated servers.

Microsoft every year puts up some BS that they "lost their way" with PC gaming. They rarely do anything.

Except that they actually did something this year. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Killer Instinct coming to PC is huge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Except that they actually did something this years. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Killer Instinct coming to PC is huge.

We'll I'll give credit where it's due. Gears, Wireless Xbox controller, and Killer instinct. They still need to do more, I hope major Nelsons tweet wasn't just a PR move...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone ever get a glitch in mcc where when you start up a search it just backs you out to the lobby either immediately or shortly after?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone ever get a glitch in mcc where when you start up a search it just backs you out to the lobby either immediately or shortly after?

Yup.