CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Playing MCC just reminds me of how crappy it is to play alone.  Ranks just came out, why the heck are people searching but not playing?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone come play h1 with me, getting matched with all of the two year olds against former pros is aggravating.

What's your GT?

Alright i'm done with H3 TS, Shitty spawns, shitty radar, shitty power drains, shitty regen, shitty bubble shields. When the FUCK are they going to put H3 MLG in????

Whenever i run 4's and they don't want to play us they just FUCKING quit before the game starts and theirs no penalty.. and when you finally do find another team of 4 we're playing on maps that are meant for social slayer or 2v2's. 

Like who the fuck is running these playlists and came up with this shit??? COLD STORAGE AND EPITAPH in a 4v4 playlist????

Narrows they just spawn right behind you, same with fucking Orbital. You push up and kill them and if u don't have a teammate blocking spawns right behind you... THEY FUCKING SPAWN THERE. A FOOT BEHIND U. 

I've spawned before and literally walked a foot in front of me and they would spawn in the exact same spot i just spawned.

And it better not be in the same playlist as H2 Hardcore....

Sorry i just needed to release some steam.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I am in the same position as you man, there is nothing about H5 that excites me. Unfortunately, as an older gamer, console developers are no longer interested in making the kind of games that I (and most likely you) enjoy playing. I don't want to sound like one of those "PC Masterace" people, but PC games really are the best way for gamers to find; dare I say more competitive titles.

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• Upvote (+1) 3

I honestly cannot wait until I can play OG Halo 3 on the One. I am sick of constantly switching boxes to play one game.

I have more games for the 360 than I do the One but still.

So I'm actually playing Halo again and having a pretty good time. I'm running into none of the issues I faced about 3 months ago where I quit all together. However, I feel like playing CE is like riding a bike to me.. I'm rusty still, but still able to make good plays and do my job as a teammate. On the flip side I seem to be doing god awful at Halo 2.

Going from H1 to H2 throws off my shot a bit and it takes a couple games to get back to it, but I can't tell if I'm awful at the game or I'm just not doing well with the team chemistry wise. I'm more of a support player and without that shots fired/shots hit stat, I feel useless. I'm not even getting that many assists, but still more than everyone. I'm not sure but I feel like it's because I've played so many shooters throughout the years past Halo 3 that I've lost that old halo 2 skill I had.

'dedicated servers'

This game is an absolute joke.

I'm going to be home around an hour. You wanna play some H1 playlist?

I need more H1 players to run with. I'll play with anyone but will usually prioritize and play with @@BigShow36 or @@Old Greg. I've got some great chemistry with them.

All they had to do was take Halo 1 Xbox, bump up the resolution, and add online.

All they had to do was take Perfect Dark N64, bump up the resolution, and add online.

The true versions of these true gaming classics will NEVER be seen off of their original hardware, and will NEVER have proper official online.

Why? Just...why?

Y'know what I think? I think that Microsoft knows these games have more charm, competitive value, and replay value than ANYTHING on the 360 or Xbone, and have purposly screwed up their ports so they can make money without getting people so hooked on them that they might not want to buy new games.

Y'know what else I think? I think Microsoft blew $375 million on Rareware fully aware that they couldn't make blockbuster games anymore, just so no one else could use their IPs.

People complain about EA's labour practices, when the real shame of the industry is Microsoft acting like the disgusting corporate slimebags they are.

the_boot_of_business_by_jollyjack-d34v1p

• Upvote (+1) 3

Y'know what I think? I think that Microsoft knows these games have more charm, competitive value, and replay value than ANYTHING on the 360 or Xbone, and have purposly screwed up their ports so they can make money without getting people so hooked on them that they might not want to buy new games.

This is why I bust out the tinfoil hat when it comes to MCC's disaster and failure. When I hear Bonnie Ross say how they could've released all the classic Halos on separate disks it boils my blood because they knew the games would've worked properly and it would bring attention away from Halo 5. They were fully aware that they weren't capable of successfully porting all 5 games onto one disk and UI within the time frame they had, but figured fuck it people will buy it, stop playing after a few weeks, and pre-order Halo 5 anyway because they'll just throw a bunch of marketing in peoples faces to help them forget and it worked. Maybe we should start a new #HuntTheTruth and get them to admit that they were fully aware of their fuck up before release. Scott "Gandhi" even said it himself, 2 days prior to release he was playing on a dev build and could barely start up a game and 343 simply said, "We've been having some problems".

• Upvote (+1) 1

MSFT would never want any Halo to become a Counter-strike 1.6.

What I mean by that, is a Halo that's played for decades without anyone buying sequels.

The Halo franchise makes its money on sequels, that's the business of console gaming. PC games have much longer-lasting communities and the sequels don't come out near as much. In otherwords, you get what you pay for with a console...unfortunately and it will probably never change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MSFT would never want any Halo to become a Counter-strike 1.6.

What I mean by that, is a Halo that's played for decades without anyone buying sequels.

The Halo franchise makes its money on sequels, that's the business of console gaming. PC games have much longer-lasting communities and the sequels don't come out near as much. In otherwords, you get what you pay for with a console...unfortunately and it will probably never change.

M$ is too short sided and dumb to invest in skins and micro-transactions like Valve. CS:GO is making bank because of that and DOTA is on the rise. 

Playing MCC just reminds me of how crappy it is to play alone.  Ranks just came out, why the heck are people searching but not playing?

Those are the bots. Shoot them in the head once and they'll start playing. Sometimes they break and don't play unless you shoot them. The bots never change service or clan tags, and when a game starts they always have a 3 second delay before they start moving. Frequently throughout the game they might get stuck on walls, you just gotta shoot them a few times to get them to chase you trying betray you. After a while they'll start working again, however only contributing deaths.

• Upvote (+1) 4

M$ is too short sided and dumb to invest in skins and micro-transactions like Valve. CS:GO is making bank because of that and DOTA is on the rise. 

Yesterday's comment about mods coming to Fallout 4...I'm like...now you get it? And the fact they had to say it's for "free"...says a lot.

I dunno anymore really. I work fulltime, 40+ hours a week, and I barely get gaming time and when I sit down for a session, I do not have the patience to put up with the hiccups that MCC has. I keep going back to HCE after every update thinking maybe it will be better this time around...but it continues to fail. I thought when ranks were enabled on HCE I'd enjoy it more, but with the crappy connections I can't enjoy it at all.

I even downloaded the Gears of War beta for Xbox One and it's the same ol' random shotgun crap from the original GOW, I think they did a straight port and slapped 60fps on it.

I watched the Star Wars Battlefront trailer and to me that looks like it breathes some fresh air into the console FPS space, but I'm sure the connectivity and functionality of it on Xbox Live is going to fail in some way or another.

I basically end up going back into my PC gaming room and hopping on Diablo 3, Insurgency, Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm. Games that actually fucking work 99% of the time. The console just seems to be good for offline single player gaming like GTA5, sports games and other single-player focused games.

Maybe I'm just too critical but I don't have the patience anymore. I'm not in college where I can stay up all night like the ol' days and play Halo 2 into the wee hours of the morning and pull all nighters on the weekends.

Part of me wants Halo 5 this later this year, but I'll be damned if I pre-order or buy it on launch week. I'm going to force myself to wait at least a week to read up on what's wrong with the game after launch. I'm tired of being a test subject for Xbox online gaming.

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 7

My H2A rank just got reset, I've played over 100 games on my 50 an I just randomly get put to a 1.  Come on man :(

Can someone confirm if doubles is fun now? Mostly BR starts?

Edit - PR starts on Midship. What is life.

Yesterday's comment about mods coming to Fallout 4...I'm like...now you get it? And the fact they had to say it's for "free"...says a lot.

I dunno anymore really. I work fulltime, 40+ hours a week, and I barely get gaming time and when I sit down for a session, I do not have the patience to put up with the hiccups that MCC has. I keep going back to HCE after every update thinking maybe it will be better this time around...but it continues to fail. I thought when ranks were enabled on HCE I'd enjoy it more, but with the crappy connections I can't enjoy it at all.

I even downloaded the Gears of War beta for Xbox One and it's the same ol' random shotgun crap from the original GOW, I think they did a straight port and slapped 60fps on it.

I watched the Star Wars Battlefront trailer and to me that looks like it breathes some fresh air into the console FPS space, but I'm sure the connectivity and functionality of it on Xbox Live is going to fail in some way or another.

I basically end up going back into my PC gaming room and hopping on Diablo 3, Insurgency, Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm. Games that actually fucking work 99% of the time. The console just seems to be good for offline single player gaming like GTA5, sports games and other single-player focused games.

Maybe I'm just too critical but I don't have the patience anymore. I'm not in college where I can stay up all night like the ol' days and play Halo 2 into the wee hours of the morning and pull all nighters on the weekends.

Part of me wants Halo 5 this later this year, but I'll be damned if I pre-order or buy it on launch week. I'm going to force myself to wait at least a week to read up on what's wrong with the game after launch. I'm tired of being a test subject for Xbox online gaming.

/rant

Dude when you get older your tolerance for BS goes down really fast. I work, have school, other stuff, I DONT HAVE THE FUCKING TIME TO FUCK AROUND IN A LOBBY TRYING TO MAKE A GAME WORK WHEN ITS BROKEN. 

On the PC games work, if they dont you can refund the POS and spend it on something that will. I had my fun on consoles but PC is just the way to go plus most big AAA titles are on it. StarWars BF is gonna look beautiful.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Dude when you get older your tolerance for BS goes down really fast. I work, have school, other stuff, I DONT HAVE THE FUCKING TIME TO FUCK AROUND IN A LOBBY TRYING TO MAKE A GAME WORK WHEN ITS BROKEN. 

On the PC games work, if they dont you can refund the POS and spend it on something that will. I had my fun on consoles but PC is just the way to go plus most big AAA titles are on it. StarWars BF is gonna look beautiful.

I second that.

And for the people negging you...get real folks, educate yourselves, stop being fanboys.

This past weekend I bought State of Decay on PC through steam's summer sale...I played 5 minutes and exited out of the game. I went immediately to the steam refund page and requested a refund...within 48hrs I got a reply saying the $7 was put back into my account.

My reason for the refund...the so-called 60fps was a joke, and on top of that, the aiming and responsiveness of the controls was lackluster. For a PC game it is horrid.

:)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I second that.

And for the people negging you...get real folks, educate yourselves, stop being fanboys.

This past weekend I bought State of Decay on PC through steam's summer sale...I played 5 minutes and exited out of the game. I went immediately to the steam refund page and requested a refund...within 48hrs I got a reply saying the $7 was put back into my account.

My reason for the refund...the so-called 60fps was a joke, and on top of that, the aiming and responsiveness of the controls was lackluster. For a PC game it is horrid.

:)

Meh its ok, everytime 343i fucks up or when Halo 5 fucks up I'll get my plus rep back when I tear 343i a new anus.

• Upvote (+1) 1