CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I will be spamming the ever loving hell out of everyone here when Shadowrun is available on Xbox One, especially you Halo 1 players.

Quoting this to remind you to remind me.

So proper H3 and H4 might (this new BC isn't universal) be on Xbox One. Make 'em free to MCC owners, and you've got 40% of it fixed (50% if H2A didn't factor in to your purchase).

Absolutely no mention of MCC in the conference, of course. But they did announce a similar package for Rareware games. They'll be doing a Halo PC on Perfect Dark though, and just transfer the crappy XBLA version over.

I have no end of harsh insults queued up for Microsoft, but I'd prefer not to get the banhammer...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will be spamming the ever loving hell out of everyone here when Shadowrun is available on Xbox One, especially you Halo 1 players.

Or I could just continue playing Halo 1. Yeah. Think I'll do that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Or I could just continue playing Halo 1. Yeah. Think I'll do that.

Don't worry I already understand most Halo players don't even want to attempt anything different, and shadowrun's extremely different. There are however a good number of people who play both. No other games really come close to that chess match feeling.

They said X360 backwards compability, not orig. xbox.

well they could turn them on anyway for us og and 360 users

Sad seeing people confined to a small bubble. Shadowrun is great and is worth your time.

So proper H3 and H4 might (this new BC isn't universal) be on Xbox One. Make 'em free to MCC owners, and you've got 40% of it fixed (50% if H2A didn't factor in to your purchase).

Absolutely no mention of MCC in the conference, of course. But they did announce a similar package for Rareware games. They'll be doing a Halo PC on Perfect Dark though, and just transfer the crappy XBLA version over.

I have no end of harsh insults queued up for Microsoft, but I'd prefer not to get the banhammer...

Sucks that we'll have to load up totally separate games to do it but whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So ive been mia from halo for a while but I felt like playing some ODST. Logged on and then there was no firefight. :/

Someone come play h1 with me, getting matched with all of the two year olds against former pros is aggravating.

I'm fucking jealous of the kids who are hyped up for Halo 5.

God, what I would do for a developer that actually understood what I was interested in playing...

Never hold the trigger

Proper trigger cadence is paramount to accuracy.

I don't think that I have ever held the trigger for the pistol, didn't even know that you could do that up until a few months ago haha.

You either held them trigger which creates spread, or he has OS.

I think that might have been it, I wasn't holding down the controller.

You hit 4 shots and your teammate hit at least 1, so he definitely had overshield.

In this update (and the last update), the strafe directions of both players matter. On the fourth shot, you were strafing right and he was strafing left, so your reticle should have been on the left side of his body. On the the sixth shot, you were both strafing left, but your reticle was too far to the left - your reticle should have been right on him like the 7th shot. Your first shot hit the bridge, and there's not much you could have done about that - except waiting until you could see more of his body.

Overshield makes sense. So how much are we supposed to lead in CE? So on the fourth shot, the right of my reticule should have been on the left of his body?

Overshield makes sense. So how much are we supposed to lead in CE? So on the fourth shot, the right of my reticule should have been on the left of his body?

Asking how to lead in MCC H1 is like asking what the next digit of a random number generator is going to be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm fucking jealous of the kids who are hyped up for Halo 5.

God, what I would do for a developer that actually understood what I was interested in playing...

I am in the same position as you man, there is nothing about H5 that excites me. Unfortunately, as an older gamer, console developers are no longer interested in making the kind of games that I (and most likely you) enjoy playing. I don't want to sound like one of those "PC Masterace" people, but PC games really are the best way for gamers to find; dare I say more competitive titles.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think that I have ever held the trigger for the pistol, didn't even know that you could do that up until a few months ago haha.

I think that might have been it, I wasn't holding down the controller.

With the X1 controller pretty sure its possible to be pulling trigger at certain rate it almost replicates holding it down. 

I absolutely hate the X1 controller... would love to be able to use The Duke!! 

With the X1 controller pretty sure its possible to be pulling trigger at certain rate it almost replicates holding it down. 

I absolutely hate the X1 controller... would love to be able to use The Duke!! 

Now if we could get Microsoft on that for later this year. A budget alternative, shaped and sized like the duke.....

Uhh where the hell is CE in Rumble Pit?

Should I even be surprised 343 is this dumb?

I don't think there's even slayer BR's for Halo 2 or 3, only in 2A and 4 from the last time I played.

Hey guys. I quit the build during a laggy pregame in HCS. When I restarted all of my ranks were reset to 1.

Is this on purpose, or is it just a random thing that happens?

I am in the same position as you man, there is nothing about H5 that excites me. Unfortunately, as an older gamer, console developers are no longer interested in making the kind of games that I (and most likely you) enjoy playing. I don't want to sound like one of those "PC Masterace" people, but PC games really are the best way for gamers to find; dare I say more competitive titles.

Agreed. If H1 had a proper port on PC I wouldn't even fuk wit consoles.