CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Gungoose? Man they just love to slap guns on everything. 

Gravity Hammer Gun pls?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if the silenced SMG is going to have its scope. #descopemachine

It is the silenced SMG from Halo 2: Vista I believe, soooo.

I think we can now move on from "is using H2:A a possibility for competition" and never look back....

I don't see anything wrong with H2:A, but Halo 2 will obviously will be preferred. Looks fun though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We only censor derogatory terms and racist comments. I think we can all agree that no one really takes offence so a fuck, shit, cunt, etc every so often.

This post is giving me an excuse to swear, I love it.

words themselves aren't derogatory, its the context in which they are used that defines meaning, such is the nature of the english language.

words themselves aren't derogatory, its the context in which they are used that defines meaning, such is the nature of the english language.

Yup, but no one really used those terms in an appropriate way, in fact they really don't have any place on a gaming forum

Does anyone feel theyre messing with the game too much? I'm not sure atm.

Not at all, they're doing what they would have done ten years ago if they had the chance. Remember we have Forge so we'll be able to remove a lot of this stuff (Gungoose, block buttons, etc).

• Upvote (+1) 2

feel like they're doing just enough to make playing on the new prettier maps actually feel different beyond the prettiness.

Yup, but no one really used those terms in an appropriate way, in fact they really don't have any place on a gaming forum

personally i don't see what is wrong with using the words as long as they aren't used in an offensive context.

anyway, back to work

I'm a little worried about this Sword thing on Ascension. The Sword never spawned on Ascension anyway...

Calvarok has said that the new weapons and vehicles were originally intended to be in the core game 10 years ago. Everything is fine for me, even Ricochet. I will have to admit, that was a good gamemode in Halo 4.

It's meant to be a new experience in the spirit of Halo 2. Look at it as a fifth game instead of a Halo 2: HD.

I was going to get this game regardless, but the prospect of H2 anniversary being like a mini quasi-new multiplayer experience makes me feel better about buying TMCC.

I'm usually not super into nostalgia trips, but TMCC has enough objective improvements (60fps/1080 + dedis) and enough new things that I feel like it's worth the price. not to mention that the price is just 60$.  they could have gotten away with selling each game individually for 30$, but they didn't, and added the live action thing + beta.  that's pretty crazy.

Either way I'm pumped, as long as theyre balanced, no complaints from me. Did they mention anything about stat tracking?

Was there any news on button layouts?

Nothing on specific layouts, but each game can have its own button layout. You can play Bumper Jumper in Halo 2, but have Green Thumb all ready for when a Halo 1 map loads up.

I also believe bumpers/triggers, sticks, and buttons each have their own separate layouts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was there any news on button layouts?

Customizable for each game, or you can choose to have a universal layout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's like you've never watched a Q&A for a Halo panel before.

Stop being a selfish cunt.

So many negs1

• Upvote (+1) 1

With all the new stuff in the Anniversary multiplayer I'm crossing my fingers for either single shot BR(when scoped) or a DMR

With all the new stuff in the Anniversary multiplayer I'm crossing my fingers for either single shot BR(when scoped) or a DMR

They did say that there was not a lot of variety for mid-range weapons. This could mean either a DMR, or they modified the Magnum to take on the role of the DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still cannot believe that people are actually angry about these changes. Nothing I have seen breaks the game, if anything it reminds me of Halo 3 with all the map interactions. I am now hyped for November 11th. (UK Resident sadly D:, lucky 'Muricans)

• Upvote (+1) 1