CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What's broken about it? I play it almost every day with a good friend of mine and seriously it feels completely fine. I thought everyone was happy with it when they issued a fix a couple months back too...

The reticle speed still wasn't what it was on 360 it still slides a bit

The full parties are out in force in every ranked playlist, at all levels.  Do yourself a favor and add good players from this forum, and invite anyone that plays well after games until you have a full party, or you will face organized teams with kids that go 0-16 on your team like we did today.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know yet, every objective gametype in the H3 playlist is AR starts.  The oddball gametypes have bubble shields on the map and the score limit is a whopping 100 points (1 minute and 40 seconds).  So the left voting slot is always cancer and should be avoided at all costs.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The full parties are out in force in every ranked playlist, at all levels.  Do yourself a favor and add good players from this forum, and invite anyone that plays well after games until you have a full party, or you will face organized teams with kids that go 0-16 on your team like we did today.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know yet, every objective gametype in the H3 playlist is AR starts.  The oddball gametypes have bubble shields on the map and the score limit is a whopping 100 points (1 minute and 40 seconds).  So H3 is cancer and should be avoided at all costs.

Edited for you

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It would be amazing if we can get Halo 3 Hardcore its separate playlist. That would be 2 playlists that I would nonstop grind along with H1

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got your back Jawshe! You have been paid your reparations in +rep. Some community members seem to have splinters up their ass when it comes to the truth about halo. In time these randy kids will accept the truth.

Lol thanks buddy. I really don't care about rep tbh. I just want to express my annoyance at people practicing the very definition of insanity and then spamming the forums with their stories.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The guy was wondering why Halo 3 still had shitty netcode if CE was fixed this quick.

I was saying that all they did for CE was revert to pre-patch while Halo 3 is just fucked beyond belief.

Is Halo 3 honestly worse on MCC? I could have sworn it was better.

Is Halo 3 honestly worse on MCC? I could have sworn it was better.

The netcode? I've heard people saying it's worse. It's pretty iffy for me.

Halo 3 looks like to be the only game I am playing on dedis from time to time. My shots connect the best out of any of the games.

I've found that when I get dedis the game feels amazing, or when playing a good host in customs its really good. However there are some games that feel atrocious and make me want to never play H3 again.

One thing that I do like about H3 MCC vs H3 360 is that you can choose host in customs. I have over 10,000 customs on H3 360 and one thing that ruined competitive customs was the poor host selection that you had no control over. Never understood how that game picked host.

Been living under a rock for the past 13 1/2 years?

That's not what he meant, and you know it.

You can't miss in MCC. It's impossible. The game is broken when you are never killing players in any more than 3 shots, and maps like Derelict rely on being able to make other people miss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right.

Have you even tried MM on 360?

The game matches you with whoever it wants s far as connection goes.

Seriously, go play some 360. Sure, you'll get into a game no problem, but 90% of them are laggy.

Party Vs Party MM is the best thing for a game, but its 100% true that MCC does not have the population capable of giving us primo games. 

You guys can continue negging me but the truth is that you'd be waiting even LONGER while searching. I see tons of people complaining about "I was searching for 20 minutes" and then the same person goes and says "I got matched against a team of 4 and got betrayed all game". Right now, the game restricts based on skill matching (yes, it works), and connection (yes, the connections are better than 360). In Halo 5, you bet your ass we will need to4 vs to4, but MCC can't do it without making you wait forever.

The solution, no matter your excuse, is to start adding good people you meet in MM, make some posts on here, and build a network of friends that will join your party and search with you. Thats exactly what I did. I've met tons of great people and have never had a problem with shitty team mates or betrayals since launch. All it takes is some initiative and social skills.

I'm not excusing 343 for their shitty MM, but Halo has always been a gamble when you search by yourself. Right now, if I search with some of my buddies with high ranks, we get good games 9/10 times against other high ranks. Were all 40-50 and get matched with 40-50. Things are a ton better now. If you're a 15 and you search alone, you're gunna get fucked by the system.

You clearly didn't read my post, or completely misunderstood it.

You're not arguing the same thing as me.

I wholeheartedly agree that people shouldn't be going in alone expecting perfect results.

What I'm saying is that people should stop stating that playlists and party restrictions can't be added because of allegedly low population counts. Whether they should be added based on other criterion is up for debate, but people need to stop pretending they know how much of a population is required for a given feature, especially when we don't even know the populations per playlist.

Keep fighting the good fight man

I've found that when I get dedis the game feels amazing, or when playing a good host in customs its really good. However there are some games that feel atrocious and make me want to never play H3 again.

One thing that I do like about H3 MCC vs H3 360 is that you can choose host in customs. I have over 10,000 customs on H3 360 and one thing that ruined competitive customs was the poor host selection that you had no control over. Never understood how that game picked host.

Hold the phone.

Are you saying that the "transfer host" option actually works correctly now? Must've missed that, because last time I checked (quite awhile ago) passing host to someone just gave them control over the map/gametype, but the game was still hosted by whoever started the custom lobby.

Anyone else getting randomly disconnected in matches? I know its not XBL or my internet because both work fine during, so im 99% sure it has to be MCC.

Is there a section on this forum to gather players for MM? I desperately need some people to search with.  I know I'm signing myself up for frustration when I search alone but I have things to do and the times I can play I don't want to have to wait to gather a party.  I just want to game, man.  

Is there a section on this forum to gather players for MM? I desperately need some people to search with.  I know I'm signing myself up for frustration when I search alone but I have things to do and the times I can play I don't want to have to wait to gather a party.  I just want to game, man.  

http://teambeyond.net/forum/forum/39-halo-player-finder/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 looks like to be the only game I am playing on dedis from time to time. My shots connect the best out of any of the games.

Same here. H3 is much better on the MCC than it was on the 360 for me.

But then some people have great connections on H2A and I don't, so I'm not really sure what is going on with this game.

That's not what he meant, and you know it.

You can't miss in MCC. It's impossible. The game is broken when you are never killing players in any more than 3 shots, and maps like Derelict rely on being able to make other people miss.

What world do you people live in? Let's see a vid of you playing and hitting 3s every time. Look, the pistol is too easy for sure, but let's not pretend that it's an automatic 3. I watch a lot of H1 streams and even the top tier MCC players are getting into long 8-10 shot battles occasionally. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What world do you people live in? Let's see a vid of you playing and hitting 3s every time. Look, the pistol is too easy for sure, but let's not pretend that it's an automatic 3. I watch a lot of H1 streams and even the top tier MCC players are getting into long 8-10 shot battles occasionally. 

It's an exaggeration, but it's not difficult enough to 3, and this really hurts the game flow.

Halo 3 plays so much better for me on MCC. Unless I'm host every game(I never pull host), it plays so much better than 360 did for me. I actually can 4 shot people in default matchmaking when on 360 I had to shoot people 7 times. Which is why I absolutely can't wait until it gets added to Hardcore. With the increased damage and removal of radar, I think I'll finally be able to enjoy Halo 3 online for the first time.

Halo 3 plays so much better for me on MCC. Unless I'm host every game(I never pull host), it plays so much better than 360 did for me. I actually can 4 shot people in default matchmaking when on 360 I had to shoot people 7 times. Which is why I absolutely can't wait until it gets added to Hardcore. With the increased damage and removal of radar, I think I'll finally be able to enjoy Halo 3 online for the first time.

How?????

Please tell me your secret.

It feels like everyone I'm fighting has overshield. 

Hit registration is god awful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else getting randomly disconnected in matches? I know its not XBL or my internet because both work fine during, so im 99% sure it has to be MCC.

Getting this problem as well.

I'm having the exact opposite experience. Legitimately every Halo 3 game I've played in the last week I've been experiencing picking up weapons 10 seconds late and triple reloads. Gotta give it to them though, it is exactly how I remember.