CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

sigh...

don't they hae the OG code for CE somewhere in the offices? Can't they look at the numbers and input those same numbers for the pistol into MCC?

I think they are using the same numbers as far as magnetism and reticle adhesion.

It's the fact that there's a no-lead mod running on top of this Halo PC engine that makes it completely unlike OG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I decided to try CE again.

And... We're back to perma-spawn-lock mode again.

Great.

I actually preferred when the Magnum was broken to this.

The auto-aiming sniper pistol is just ridiculous.

Derelict's winning strategy might as well be summed up as "GET ON TOP. ESTABLISH DOMINANCE".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I genuinely enjoy H2A.  I don't enjoy it as much as H1 or H2, but it's third on the list for me.

I prefer easier shooting that's consistent over shooting that's more difficult partially because of intentional randomness, so it goes ahead of H3 for me because of that and the more natural feeling movement.  I haven't enjoyed any of the games with armor abilities because I guess I just don't have the mental capacity to accurately predict player movement with those extra options added into the equation.  The lack of those 'abilities' automatically places it above Halo 4 for me.

H2A is actually pretty close to beating out H2, but that's only because I almost exclusively play H2A in custom games with quick spawning static weapon timers.

The only two things that I don't like about H2A is the bullet refunding issue (which seems to happen quite often) and the lack of maps. If they fix the bullet refunding issue and add more maps (even if it's just forge maps) I would enjoy playing it much more.

Been living under a rock for the past 13 1/2 years?

I meant it in comparison to the last update.

Believe It or not, I actually liked playing Derelict with broken Magnums. If you were on top, you deserved it.

Now with the bullet-magnet Magnum, the first person who shoots wins.

There is no pleasing us chumps.

I just played my first game of CE in a while, went 29-1.  I'll admit that the people I was going against were not very good but the Pistol did seem to move from one extreme to another.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just did a test in a custom game and we aimed all around the body with the pistol. It was almost exact to OG. Off host and onhost. Barely not red reticle above head hit, just like OG. Barely off body but still red reticle was hitting underneath the pistol arms and not on the other side of the body. Half of the reticle on the head did not hit.

Give it a few days before judging it. Go play OG and compare side by side.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Once CE gets ranked and the Halo 5 E3 demo passes, I doubt we'll ever see another MCC uodate, and if we do, updates will be 2-3 months in between until Halo 5 is released, then it's history.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just did a test in a custom game and we aimed all around the body with the pistol. It was almost exact to OG. Off host and onhost. Barely not red reticle above head hit, just like OG. Barely off body but still red reticle was hitting underneath the pistol arms and not on the other side of the body. Half of the reticle on the head did not hit.

Give it a few days before judging it. Go play OG and compare side by side.

Yeah. I think the issue occurs when people are moving.

I remember someone on here describing a certain type of lag compensation where you basically have a "window" based on your ping... basically that the game rewinds time and decides if it was a plausible hit. It made it seem like having a higher ping was advantageous. I don't recall where the post took place, or whether MCC even uses this model.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah. I think the issue occurs when people are moving.

I remember someone on here describing a certain type of lag compensation where you basically have a "window" based on your ping... basically that the game rewinds time and decides if it was a plausible hit. It made it seem like having a higher ping was advantageous. I don't recall where the post took place, or whether MCC even uses this model.

Yeah I was wondering about movement as well. It's very hard to scientifically test for that especially with projectiles and leading. But in the games I've played it feels harder than April patch. People are missing shots but not too many.

All they did was revert to pre-patch. Halo 3 is fucked beyond belief.

What does them reverting a CE change have to do with H3? Did they literally undo the entire patch including all the other fixes?

I'm fucking done, boys.

It was real

Edit:

At least I won't have to deal with idiots like this guy anymore.

DrS2itH.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its still broken.

First game on match T04. HOORAY

What's broken about it? I play it almost every day with a good friend of mine and seriously it feels completely fine. I thought everyone was happy with it when they issued a fix a couple months back too...

• Upvote (+1) 1

All of MCC's matchmaking problems could be fixed instantaneously if they would just scrap matchmaking and instead implement a custom game browser like PC and pre-Halo 2 console games do.

BTW, the netcode stinks in every single title in the MCC. I'll bet that it's because MCC was designed for dedicated servers, and since they've never worked correctly, the game has to depend on thrown-together, unfinished P2P code.

Microsoft's made their money. MCC is basically an unsupported product now. Unless there's a greybrown dudebro hyperactivity-fest on the way that is tickling your fancy, sell your Xbone and buy a Wii U - their E3 is looking to be way, WAY better than these jerks...

• Upvote (+1) 4

All of MCC's matchmaking problems could be fixed instantaneously if they would just scrap matchmaking and instead implement a custom game browser like PC and pre-Halo 2 console games do.

BTW, the netcode stinks in every single title in the MCC. I'll bet that it's because MCC was designed for dedicated servers, and since they've never worked correctly, the game has to depend on thrown-together, unfinished P2P code.

Microsoft's made their money. MCC is basically an unsupported product now. Unless there's a greybrown dudebro hyperactivity-fest on the way that is tickling your fancy, sell your Xbone and buy a Wii U - their E3 is looking to be way, WAY better than these jerks...

Imagine seeing 24/7 FFA midship servers and Gaurdian/Pitstop/Narrow servers. Would have been legendary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imagine if they had released H2C only with the campaign graphics overlayed for multiplayer and a couple new maps..

That would've been a real service to Halo 2 ten years later.

I always thought this, the halo 2 'HD' graphics in campaign were amazing and actually still felt like halo 2! They should have definitely used them for the anniversary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What does them reverting a CE change have to do with H3? Did they literally undo the entire patch including all the other fixes?

The guy was wondering why Halo 3 still had shitty netcode if CE was fixed this quick.

I was saying that all they did for CE was revert to pre-patch while Halo 3 is just fucked beyond belief.

Derelict's winning strategy might as well be summed up as "GET ON TOP. ESTABLISH DOMINANCE".

Isnt that the strat to most maps really?